Drop rate problem (of the good stuff)

OP. The problem with this game is balance and design and what devs want to make this game around. They want the game to be focused on trading. They implemented a lot of mechanics just for that. There are no other arpg games out there that are made like this (d3 was on beginning).

I mean what do you expect from a game if developers say this?
"Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us. It’s why we designed it to be played exclusively online"

This is the core problem of the whole game. The game is unlike other arpg games where drop rates are balanced around player them self, in PoE it is not the case. The whole game and its drop rates are balanced around trading and a economy. It almost 100% same as what d3 did with AH and RMHA and bad drop rates that where balanced around using AH

Yes drop rates suck, yes they are worse compared to any other arpg game out (it is even harder to get items you need in this game because of how skills work as it adds one edition rng to items and what you need to search for just to make a build you want).

Expansion will not fix this. All things they are implementing in expansion are already balanced around a economy/trading. The thing the expansion will remove is some RNG that you will need to pay a lot, but drop rates will be 100% same.
@Dahita

You want to be constructive while expressing your opinion? Then don't post emotional nonsense.

Yes let us be ontopic now:

"
So let me say again this part that apparently you missed; I am complaining about the fact that the game is not rewarding enough through hacking and slashing. That's why my friends and I left it.

Outdated and addressed in new expansion. YOU SHOULD TRY IT!

BTW If you're talking about drops only: Crafting was what needed to be addressed, the community was screaming for more deterministic crafting calling the crafting system "gambling".

That is what the community needs, not increased drop rates. Deterministic crafting indirectly improves drops too by giving dropped items more potential.

You can now use all those orbs to craft your owns items instead of hoarding them for trade.

And that my friend is why you should stop complaining and play the expansion.

Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 7, 2014, 5:25:13 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Lol, way to assume I have no life. I run a business and am at work all the time. That's why I'm here posting on the forums instead of playing the game. If I'm a 'no lifer', you must be a 'casual' and this game is not designed for you. So go back to the rewarding D3. It's designed for people like you, so I don't even know why you're here.

Yeah I must be a casual. That's why I strictly only play HC leagues. Because I'm a casual.
I only called you casual because it's the same logic you used to call me a no lifer.

"
Again, please don't lie about not spending thousands of hours in the game, because it is pretty clear that you did. Not everyone has that amount of time to commit to the game. If you really did self-found two CoEs/Shavs and two Aegis, either you have the RNG luck of the century, or you spend alot more time than 99% of the gaming world would.
I never said I didn't play for many hours. I do play a fair amount. But I've also been playing for a year and a half, so you have to take that into account when talking about the "thousands" of hours I've played. I did find all that stuff. I can give you some of the names of the players who were in the game with me when they dropped. The two CoEs dropped with the same MF culler doing his thing. The first in the last week of ambush and the second a couple nights ago. You can call the shav's drop lucky (cause it was), but you have to give some credit to the hundreds of times Dom was culled by a guy with like 500 IIR for the CoEs. I also saw some good stuff dropping for other people in those Dom runs. I'd give you the name of the MFer, but you'd think he was lying too.

"
I mean seriously, there are people who bot for 3 months on end and still didn't find the amount of gear you posted (though they do find more currency), so either way, you're bullshitting us.
I've been playing for a lot longer than 3 months. Even botting for 12 hours a day (pretty sure they'd ban for 24 hours/day) for those 3 months is a lot different than playing for 18 months, a few hours a night for 5 nights a week. I doubt bots have the discretion to choose the groups of monsters they kill. Limiting yourself to larger packs of blue and yellow monsters, not to mention finding and killing mini bosses in corrupted zones, is much more efficient than any bot, I would think. Can Sarn bots even figure out how to enter and kill Rima? I have no idea. It seems like that'd be hard to make a bot do, but I have no experience with them so who knows.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Startkabels wrote:
@Dahita

You want to be constructive while expressing your opinion? Then don't post emotional nonsense.

Yes let us be ontopic now:

"
So let me say again this part that apparently you missed; I am complaining about the fact that the game is not rewarding enough through hacking and slashing. That's why my friends and I left it.

Outdated and addressed in new expansion. YOU SHOULD TRY IT!

BTW If you're talking about drops only: Crafting was what needed to be addressed, the community was screaming for more deterministic crafting calling the crafting system "gambling".

That is what the community needs, not increased drop rates. Deterministic crafting indirectly improves drops too by giving dropped items more potential.

You can now use all those orbs to craft your owns items instead of hoarding them for trade.

And that my friend is why you should stop complaining and play the expansion.

Correct me if I'm wrong (with my emotional response, you know)

Is the expansion out there yet? How have you tried it and how would I?

Now it could be amazing or not. I am still saying I would like more balanced drops, balance that in my opinion is so far leaning on the scarcity of good drops. You don't think it's what this game needs, and I beg to differ for all the reasons mentioned earlier.

Thank you for allowing me to have an opinion (and emotions apparently), you're quite the gentleman.
Last edited by Dahita on Aug 7, 2014, 5:31:59 PM
You know some time ago I had a lot of complaints about how this game was designed around trading too.

But GGG has announced they will address it, so I shut up and I wait for it and try it.

Your approach, however, is to keep complaining or rather to complain even more because the changes are not effective yet?

The logic is strong with this one....
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 7, 2014, 5:38:40 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:
You know some time ago I had a lot of complaints about how this game was designed around trading too.

But GGG has announced they will address it, so I shut up and I wait for it and try it.

Your approach, however, is to keep complaining or rather to complain even more because the changes are not effective yet?

They never said they will address it. They said they will address the RNG crafting, not trading
"
miljan wrote:
OP. The problem with this game is balance and design and what devs want to make this game around. They want the game to be focused on trading. They implemented a lot of mechanics just for that. There are no other arpg games out there that are made like this (d3 was on beginning).

I mean what do you expect from a game if developers say this?
"Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us. It’s why we designed it to be played exclusively online"

This is the core problem of the whole game. The game is unlike other arpg games where drop rates are balanced around player them self, in PoE it is not the case. The whole game and its drop rates are balanced around trading and a economy. It almost 100% same as what d3 did with AH and RMHA and bad drop rates that where balanced around using AH

Yes drop rates suck, yes they are worse compared to any other arpg game out (it is even harder to get items you need in this game because of how skills work as it adds one edition rng to items and what you need to search for just to make a build you want).

Expansion will not fix this. All things they are implementing in expansion are already balanced around a economy/trading. The thing the expansion will remove is some RNG that you will need to pay a lot, but drop rates will be 100% same.

I agree 100%. Now maybe the expansion will make it a little more fun, but yet it won't address my main concern. I'll still try it but it's not too late for GGG to acknowledge our concern and maybe adjust it here and there before it's released. That's the hope anyway
Wow you guys really don't get it do you?

The point of the new crafting options is to make players having to depend LESS on trading. It rebalances trade on one side more with drops and crafting on the other side

You're like this:

You're a really hungry child. So you call mommy and ask (demand) her to bring food.
She says: I'll be home in an hour to bring you something really nice.
What you do is to tell everybody about how you mommy is mistreating you for not making food instantly spawn on your table.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 7, 2014, 5:42:36 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

They never said they will address it. They said they will address the RNG crafting, not trading

Oh so a long time ago it was ok for you to complain but right now it's not ok for me to do so? Talk about logic...

And no, they never said they would address this part.
"
Dahita wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Oh so a long time ago it was ok for you to complain but right now it's not ok for me to do so? Talk about logic...

And no, they never said they would address this part.

First of all that quote from miljan there just shows lack of understanding, addressing the RNG crafting affect balance with trading.

Second, yes some time ago it was alright to complain because it was legit. Many people found the game was too unrewarding and casual players just saved their orbs for trade because crafting was considered gambling for the richest.

That will now change.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 7, 2014, 5:46:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info