Drop rate problem (of the good stuff)

"
Also, "20 fusing orbs an hour", please. I'm not even going there.

That's actually very doable with boss farming.

"
We then dropped 2 maps, +1900%mf

Are you talking about vaults of atziri?.. No other map will give 1900% rarity.

As for your actual post, I'm not sure what to tell you. I find the game reasonably rewarding although it really ramps up at higher levels when you fight far more enemies and clear faster.

Map bosses got buffed drops, act bosses got double drops, uniques got a double buff, exiles have great loottables and strongboxes will soon be in the entire game. Next miniexpansion will also add quite a bit when it comes to being self sustainable(deterministic crafting). GGG has made the game more rewarding in several ways.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 6, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
I love how all these people are trying to make this more complicated than it is lol.

Bottom line is simple: It sucks not getting anything worth a shit for a long time. It's so bad that you're silly if you expect to rely on drops to progress rather than trade or crafting.

There, simple. Didn't need walls of text for that did I lol.

C'est la vie.

I don't know why the drop aspect of the game couldn't be made more rewarding. Imo fixing crafting in upcoming patch and the future trade patch is great and all but what about the core of the game? What about the aspect of slaying lots of mobs with your friends to get mad lootz?
"
It's so bad that you're silly if you expect to rely on drops to progress

Is it silly? It's completely normal to progress purely through drops. It gets difficult at level 85+ but everything before that is build dependent. It's going to be hard if the build is subpar or completely gear reliant(crit att builds). I do minor crafting which includes alting resist rings, alting potions, weapon recipe and linking some sockets.

I find these topics hard to comment on since my experiences with PoE seem to be different. Playing selffound is something I regularly do when I start new leagues. It's fun for me in both HC and SC.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 6, 2014, 1:21:16 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
It's so bad that you're silly if you expect to rely on drops to progress

Is it silly? It's completely normal to progress purely through drops. It gets difficult at level 85+ but everything before that is build dependent. It's going to be hard if the build is subpar or completely gear reliant(crit att builds).

I play sf and the gear wall hits, depending on the build and luck, at lvl 50-60. This includes crafting (sf orb drops) with finding gear. And once you hit mid to late 60's gear progression can and often does grind to a halt. It makes it difficult to transition from base game to maps.
@Dahita this game is pretty much the same as diablo 2 but without ANY REWARD from PLAYING it. (and this statement comes from somebody who played d2 since start and poe i guess im in the top 1% of /played)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"

I play sf and the gear wall hits, depending on the build and luck, at lvl 50-60.

That's actually the level where you will get the most gear in my experience. All the basic endgame mods, potions, weapons and gearing options will all be available by high 50s. Farming ledge then sarn will net a lot of upgrades in that period. It's usually where the difficulty smooths out, especially in HC. Maps are not done till after level 70 in HC for selffound characters. That's not too bad since docks is full XP till around 68.

It's hard to really say much since it's so build dependent. Some builds are just far superior for self sustainability. I'll give examples of builds I consider good as starters in new leagues. Most of these I have used first in new leagues which is usually completely selffound.

- Aura based EKer(used karui ward till level 85 due to projectile speed).
- Two hand stunner
- Dual flame totemer
- Flameblast + searing bond

Flame totemer was the most recent example. Did completely selffound till level 70 where I bought three dragons. Got to 80 without any issue at all(in record time). It was actually very easy due to invaders/exiles/strongboxes being a thing in the one month. They're surprisingly rewarding.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 6, 2014, 1:47:09 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"

I play sf and the gear wall hits, depending on the build and luck, at lvl 50-60.

That's actually the level where you will get the most gear in my experience. All the basic endgame mods, potions, weapons and gearing options will all be available by high 50s. Farming ledge then sarn will net a lot of upgrades in that period. It's usually where the difficulty smooths out, especially in HC. Maps are not done till after level 70 in HC for selffound characters. That's not too bad since docks is full XP till around 68.

It's hard to really say much since it's so build dependent. Some builds are just far superior for self sustainability. I'll give examples of builds I consider excellent as starters in new leagues. Most of these I have used first in new leagues which is usually completely selffound.

- Aura based EKer(used karui ward till level 85 due to projectile speed).
- Two hand stunner
- Dual flame totemer
- Flameblast + searing bond

Flame totemer was the most recent example. Did completely selffound till level 70 where I bought three dragons. Got to 80 without any issue at all(in record time). It was actually very easy due to invaders/exiles/strongboxes being a thing in the one month. They're surprisingly rewarding.

I don't want to derail anymore so I won't post anymore on this topic past this.

My progression for endgame starts at merc felshrine ruins then catacombs - piety - dom (difficulty is more like alched maps than piety) - alched maps. I have no problems making a character that can survive but making one that can survive and deal enough dps is extremely difficult sf. I probably should have qualified my earlier points on the subject with that.
If you think 1900 rarity from a chest means you're going to get good stuff, you have the wrong idea. It's 1900 increased rarity from what the chest already has, which is like .0001 or something.

The Vaults of Atziri is the absolute worst thing you can use to judge how good drops are. If it had monsters, you would be seeing rares and uniques falling left and right. But from chests...not so much.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
drops are fine imo

i the last 5 days i found rainbowstride, 2x alpha's howl, crown of eyes, 3 or 4 exalted.. and much much more, i only play maps
"
drops are fine imo

i the last 5 days i found rainbowstride, 2x alpha's howl, crown of eyes, 3 or 4 exalted.. and much much more, i only play maps

Congratulations on your good luck?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info