August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

As for the "the flasks look bad" comments which fail to offer much in the way constructive criticism, my two cents is that simpler may be better in that area due to the flasks themselves having visual interest.

The teaser shots show the flask slots as little niches, like where architecture leaves room for statues. There are some Dorian columns with some scalloping behind the flasks, and I think these detail elements kind of conflict visually with the small detail work on the tops of the flasks. Also, with the cool grey color of the columns, it reduces the contrast between the flasks and their background -- the flasks "pop" more with the current simple negative space.

I like the Greco-Roman overall styling choice. And columns are iconic for that style. I'd suggest taking the simple, dark rectangles of the current UI and maybe just doubling the thickness of the lines that divide each flask receptacle and adding a small ionic column capital to each of those lines. That way they'd still look like oclumns, and the curl of the ionic capitals would create an "arch" or "petal" area of negative space, which would then sort of hug the tops of the flasks, reducing overall negative space visible, but leaving enoguh around the edge of each flask so the contract still makes the flasks stand out.

Anyhow, an idea. A cheap one: Two cents. :)
Is it possible to have buffs and debuffs seperated from each other?

E.g

Hatred and Grace on left side of top bar. Shock and bleed on Right side.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
xNoobslayer wrote:
It's good that you reverted back to the old statues. The "updated" ones looked like crap, I can't belive you even considered it in the first place.
2devs: don't listen to him, new statues were good (although somewhat misplaced), it's just The Ladies are still better. For mana orb, at least )
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I'm all in favor of a revamped UI, but I think the "menu" and "shop" buttons should next to each other on the left side. The shop button is too close to the skill bar. Also, both buttons stand out. It's not a major problem by any means. I guess I prefer the golden-ish look of the old buttons. It went well together.

I'm not too worried about the statues on the health globes. I like that it blocks the globes less, however, I also prefer the statues' poses in the current version.

It's all trivial.

What I hope is addressed in the next patch is desync.

I already know GGG's firm stance on the matter, but it needs to be addressed and improved for a better gameplay experience. That's the only thing standing in the way of taking this game to GOAT status.

Thanks for all of your hard work, GGG! The teasers are exciting. I'm looking forward to August and beyond :)

Cheers.
Interesting to see even the UI will get a review in this expansion.

Can we assume this will also review the priority or placement of the layers?

With layers I mean: friends coming online, the item-compare or hover-over on the ground. The skill level-ups, the map.

It's incredibly frustrating items still can cover your corner-map. Friends coming online cover up a lot of stuff. Please also give this a review.

As already been said: Being able to resize chat in some way would be great.

E: could it be an improvement if chat (in stead of being hidden away on the left) would be centered between the potions and the skills, and only showing the 4 last "lines". Making it pop up if you click it to show more? Just thinking out loud here.
Last edited by DJ_Anubis on Jul 29, 2014, 6:17:44 AM
If you really want an update make UI scaleable and moveable.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
I liked the new statues. Thematically, the chained women don't really fit with the theme of the game... and if we wanna get into the gender side of things, topless pretty ladies in chains is totally just eye-candy, considering Piety, the Witch, the Ranger, the Scion, etc. are all female characters who may be nice to look at but are ultimately much more than their appearance. And they kick ass. i think you've been pretty fair-balanced in terms of gender representation in the game and i really like it. i love how the big statues that come to life are both pretty nude ladies as well as hunky nude men. it's aesthetic and also gives that air of danger... like "we're naked and we're still gonna REEP you"

would it be cool to have both a man and a woman as globe candy?

Oh nice to see someone who knows the characters are much more than they appear. I mean sure the witch may be a child murdering maniac.... and ok sure the scion killed her husband.... and alright Piety was actually a prostitute before she started working for Dominus. At least the ranger isnt thaaaaat batshit insane.

And yea, the chained women have nothing to do in this game, its simply too immersion breaking in a game where humans were tortures, you literally see swimming pools of blood and piles of dead. How propostrous would be that there were 2 ladies chained to your sources of power.
Hello GGG,

Please if you wanna make this UI nice just make the same color of the Menu and Shop icons toned into UI.. this way it looks like some of 5dolar pay2win mmorpgs change the color of shop just to make it more visible for ppl is bad way.

Ty for reading.
Hehe, nice golem :-)
My hovercraft is full of eels!
Hm Expected atleast 10 skill slots now, instead of the 8 for the past 2 years.
With the new skill/vaal gem additions over time we really need a few more skill slots...
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info