August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

It's good that you reverted back to the old statues. The "updated" ones looked like crap.
IGN: Noobslayer
Last edited by xNoobslayer on Jul 29, 2014, 7:17:52 PM
I disagree with people hating on the new colour, I think its better than the old brown ui. It only sticks out because its new, with a colder colour your eyes focus way more on the skill icons, the pots, the globes etc.

I would prefer it slightly coloured, just a hint of something, but not that muddy brown. I made a mockup in another thread of what I would have done to the original shot they showed, and I gave it a green/blue tint, when I stuck it into an actual screenshot showing tons of UI personally I think it looks way better than the current one we have. Both the greenish tint and even the more greyscale one from the preview shots. It actually makes the yellow/orange/red/brown/colourful bits of the ui and game stick out a lot more, rather than just fudging them into this uncoordinated tonal smudge on the screen. The overload of brown just made everything feel flat and lacking class, imo. But I think some slight tint to it is better than actual monochrome, you want it to feel like its a real thing with real light falling on it, and everything gets tinted in real light, that part of the criticism I do somewhat share.

Spoiler

I also think if the shop being more prominent means more sales get made then more dev money = more features, the new updated armour models etc that are REALLY going to make a huge difference, getting all the unique ingame art, updating the old acts artwork to the same standard as 3x, getting pvp dev time in, new endmgames... only good shit can come of it. I can live with a shop button for that, I welcome it.
Looked like "crap"? This community is filled with children.

They have a much better style than the women have really...
"
Startkabels wrote:
Looked like "crap"? This community is filled with children.

They have a much better style than the women have really...

They did look like crap. They were terribly implemented into the UI and didnt fit the orbs at all. The current shackled women are made with the orbs in mind and put onto them and fit them. The statues in the "new" ui were just statues pulled off google and shooped into place akwardly.
"
Amiag wrote:
didnt read the other thread but I thought the new statues were cool too

maybe a new switch in the UI options ?

THIS
is first that comes in mind

As I understand the UI is only a client-side thing, Why don't just make it changeable in the options menu?
2-3 choices for Orbs style + checkbox for old interface usage and everyone is happy
Thanks for listening to the feedback about the UI !
Those new 'decorations' really felt out of place.
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Old statues fits the style of the game much better and are more serious, also cover less of the orbs and their classic Roman style can be expanded to the rest of the UI like the flask section.
I liked the new statues. Thematically, the chained women don't really fit with the theme of the game... and if we wanna get into the gender side of things, topless pretty ladies in chains is totally just eye-candy, considering Piety, the Witch, the Ranger, the Scion, etc. are all female characters who may be nice to look at but are ultimately much more than their appearance. And they kick ass. i think you've been pretty fair-balanced in terms of gender representation in the game and i really like it. i love how the big statues that come to life are both pretty nude ladies as well as hunky nude men. it's aesthetic and also gives that air of danger... like "we're naked and we're still gonna REEP you"

would it be cool to have both a man and a woman as globe candy?
erm what is the red 'g' on the reduced mana?
dude, who cares about the statues?

those new flask slots are god awful!!!!!!
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info