August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

"
ata wrote:
How about having different statues at the health/mana bar depending on one's Keystone choices (Blood Magic, Chaos Inoculation, Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter)?

i like this one
Sell new UI skins!!!

"
ellefanor wrote:
"
ata wrote:
How about having different statues at the health/mana bar depending on one's Keystone choices (Blood Magic, Chaos Inoculation, Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter)?

i like this one

I like this idea a lot better then mine.
Last edited by Fb62 on Jul 29, 2014, 4:59:22 AM
"
Out of all the things that need fixing you go and downgrade the UI...GG idiots.

umm, so you have insights what else changed in the user interface and game? i don't.
so you mind sharing your knowledge? spoiler please or you're the idiot.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 29, 2014, 4:59:59 AM
"
Durentis wrote:
I'm glad the "old statues" have been restored but I'm very disappointed at your disregard for them. These aren't just eye candy, they're an iconic part of PoE...

I agree to this post! It hits the nail right on the head.

"
Chris wrote:
The old statues have been restored. We still intend to remove them in favour of ones that cover less of the health/mana orbs, but have moved this to a longer-term change.The new statues will have a classical Roman look that better fits with long term stylistic goals.

I don't see why "classic roman-like" statues should fit better to the path of exile style than those two ladys.

"
ata wrote:

Sounds good. But before doing such things I would like to see 3D Models for older Uniques first.
Don't get me wrong. I really like the different microtransactions and I like many of the updated improvements as well, but I don't understand why there are still Uniques that don't have a special 3d art!?
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
I wish GGG could make UI customizable and also centering UI for multi monitor setups. This minor design change of UI is quite meaningless.. at least to me.
Last edited by OleOlof on Jul 29, 2014, 5:01:00 AM
so here are my 2 cents to changes for you GGG:
* old version was beter/nicer looking than both new versions posted (sorry) mainly due to issues below

*statues near resource pots. I realy dont understand reason why they should be changed. New ones (guys) cover prety much the same portion of resource bar as the old ones (girls) in the place it actualy matters - bottom part. In case of life its slightly more, in case of mana slightly less, but with worse mana level visibility you can live, not with life.
All in all, you would get rid of nice aesthetic feature for dull one with no actual benefit to gameplay quality.

* I dont mind single menu button if you feel that there were too many buttons, as everyone use keyboard shortcuts anyway and will continue to do so. You may still want to work on its aesthetic tho, second version was better, maybe another step in that direction...

*shop button, same issue as with menu button. It kinda stand out and dont fit overall feel. Maybe if those buttons looked liked carved in marble background with maybe mossy features for green colour button or blood ones for red colour to make it more visible.
"
Still think the MENU and SHOP buttons look tacky. Maybe tone down the colors or something.

Nice too see the ladies back.
+1 to this
"
Chris wrote:
The shop button now fits in better with the rest of the UI and doesn't stand out so much. The reason it's wider now is because the dollar sign was immersion-breaking and didn't localise well into other languages.
The "SHOP" sign is billions times more anti-immersive than one little almost-invisible dollar sign. If you had localization troubles you could just make a picture with the same dollar sign.
"
BlazEm wrote:
Something about the new flask bar just looks wrong to me, the lighter parts dividing the flasks at the top don't really fit and the inconsistant trimming on them does not help at all.
This, too. Flask bar was ok as it was.

Edit: one change considering flasks that I would've liked would be higher "fill levels" - when there is amount of charges in the flask that is only sufficient for one use, it is sometimes hard to see that the flask can be used at all (the liquid level is too low imho). Don't know, maybe this background rework will change this, but i doubt it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 29, 2014, 5:06:11 AM
didnt read the other thread but I thought the new statues were cool too

maybe a new switch in the UI options ?
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Some ideas about the Menu and shop buttion:
perhaps the word "MENU" is not necessary for this graphic UI, replace word "shop" with a simple shop cart pic, is that better?
"
ellefanor wrote:
"
ata wrote:

i like this one

I don't think its such a good idea, but I suppose it depends on how its done IF its done. Maybe very subtle changes, like a slight movement of the current statues or change of positioning.

But that's a change that might never happen :P

I don't know why people do not like the new flask section. It looks nice, more like its actual pots kept on a belt like it should be. They were black rectangles before, you can't say that's better. Maybe show an example with a lot of different flasks in the slots so people can see what it'll look like.

With regards to the colour scheme, I like both so keep it, change it, it's fine with me.

EDIT: Looking at the Shop button I can understand why you put it on the right. If you move it to the left you are either left with an empty space or a lopsided UI.
Last edited by ElGordo on Jul 29, 2014, 5:12:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info