@GGG Staff: Please take a chill pill

"
Xogroroth wrote:
Well, if the Desync issue has been addressed by GGG, in whatever way, then they might be thinking: "Now shut the fudge uop about Desync. We're aware. We planned a solution for the next millennium. Dang!" and thus delete all desync posts from there on?
I dunno, merely thinking out loud here...

Honestly, I find desync to be an exception to the rule. It's one topic that actually has been beaten to death and no amount of forum threads will change it. I'm not saying they should moderate them all, and even though their thread addressing it ultimately did nothing to change anything, at least they stated their awareness and intent on the topic. So many others just get swept under the rug or removed outright that it's just kind of hard to hope for a serious discussion about anything actually important to the game.

As for the off-topic stuff so far... I don't really appreciate the derailment, but I also don't want mods to get all gung-ho about it either. This is something the players failed in--not the mods. That isn't to say that they won't later on, but as of this post they have not. Even so, what I really want is someone from the staff to acknowledge what they have seen from the on-topic posts, and provide some feedback on what they think/feel about it. Even better if they use the thread as an open channel to discuss it continuously, but that might just be a bit too optimistic.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Aside your typical "the game is dying due to reason X" derail, the bolded part is a shit hilarious thing to write around here. I mean everybody can see the Feedback subforum and the daily threads about the issues you listed. Does this seem like they are deleting them?

Support is acting upon how the message is brought across not which message is brought across and rightfully so. Else this forum would attract only more anti-social behavior on all sides.

No, no, the game is quite alive. Steam numbers alone are massive. Trading is a joy.

And writing stuff into the lesser frequented/dead subforums is a nice way to hide the malfunctions in this game. Putting the problems into general discussion makes both new users and development painfully aware of how pressing an issue is. Desync is an issue that needn't be casually mentioned once a week, it's something that needs to be pressed in a clear and concise message every single day on the part of the forum/website which gets the most amount of views. As that's how important it is. It gives GGG further incentive to put every single resource on it, rather than creating new stuff that will be as badly optimized as the second half of act 3. The map leading up to dominus tower is a giant pain in the ass.

And if they can't find someone to optimize the engine, it's time to move the operation to a new country(London or America). Due to lack of talent. Because it's just insane if they expect people to wait another year for these desync issues to get solved. Hell, since the start of open beta, it's actually gotten worse.

But again, stop derailing the subject please, we're trying to discuss the unnecessary moderators.
You can't expect to bring up a topic and not expect a reply, so the issue of derailment is on your side, not mine.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I concur, good Sir. :)
GGG taking threads that are feedback in nature (typically a negatively written attack with little perspective veiled as a general discussion that is actually just poorly written feedback) and moving them into the feedback subforum. How dare they?!?

Feedback does not equate to deleted. People who want to read those things can go there to read. Thankfully the moderators help those who go into a subforum to see threads that should be in that subforum.

If I wanted to see the billionth sfl or desync thread, I would go to feedback. Yes, desync exists. Here is a medal for being the 1,000,000th person to point out the obvious. Flooding the wrong forum with your input on it does not/will not change that. You might actually get more traction with the people who can fix it in those 'dead' forums. But attention from GGG is not the goal of these threads most of the time.....right?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Xogroroth wrote:
The first is not by law prohibited, unless you live in a backwater area

Fun fact for the day: In Singapore gay sex is legal if it's between women but illegal if it's between men. True story. Sorry for off topic :s

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
Nubatron wrote:
GGG taking threads that are feedback in nature (typically a negatively written attack with little perspective veiled as a general discussion that is actually just poorly written feedback) and moving them into the feedback subforum. How dare they?!?

Feedback does not equate to deleted. People who want to read those things can go there to read. Thankfully the moderators help those who go into a subforum to see threads that should be in that subforum.

If I wanted to see the billionth sfl or desync thread, I would go to feedback. Yes, desync exists. Here is a medal for being the 1,000,000th person to point out the obvious. Flooding the wrong forum with your input on it does not/will not change that. You might actually get more traction with the people who can fix it in those 'dead' forums. But attention from GGG is not the goal of these threads most of the time.....right?

"
Desync is an issue that needn't be casually mentioned once a week, it's something that needs to be pressed in a clear and concise message every single day on the part of the forum/website which gets the most amount of views. As that's how important it is. It gives GGG further incentive to put every single resource on it, rather than creating new stuff that will be as badly optimized as the second half of act 3. The map leading up to dominus tower is a giant pain in the ass.

I quoted myself since I already answered this part. It needs to be prevalent because it's a prevalent and important issue. Moving it to feedback does absolutely nothing because, as you said, GGG is already aware of the situation. Putting it into general discussion is mostly to inform new users who roam the general discussion forum and to put some focus towards desync with GGG's dev team. Rather than new content. As the only way to make the issue go away is, by SOLVING the issue. Not swiping it under the rug/moving it to a dead subforum.

Now again, topic is unnecessary moderators, not desync. Thank you.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Jul 23, 2014, 8:14:28 AM
Actually, my response was on topic since moving threads into the appropriate sub forums is being characterized as over moderation. That is incorrect. They are doing the bare minimum requirement of their job.....moving threads to the right place on the forum. Hell, there are some topics that I wish they had an automated script to move them to feedback and the player has to request it be moved to another subforum because some players know where it is supposed to go but purposely don't because they are intending to spam. Yes, desync is one topic that I wish would be moved to feedback automatically.

Your comment is one if the reasons I think they not heavy handed enough. They are just too nice to forum trolls. It is beyond me.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
[...]

But again, stop derailing the subject please, we're trying to discuss the unnecessary moderators.
You can't expect to bring up a topic and not expect a reply, so the issue of derailment is on your side, not mine.

Shows exactly how mature you are in discussion.

I was figuring I could give a serious response but if your only argument is that all other subforums are "dead" and when something is moved out of GD for actual developer review, then one is not able to help you anymore.

Enjoy your fight for anarchy on a service provider forum. It's the righteous fight to fight! In your romantic world it would probably not end up in people shitting on each other all day long.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 8:24:16 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
It's because we cannot retaliate when you derail the thread because our posts get removed

My posts get edited/removed sometimes too ya know. They just didn't this time because I was responding to a point that had been made, and that point was made in response to the OP, so like I said, it was all connected and not really all that off topic.

Just relax bro. Your feedback gets moved to feedback because it's feedback. Don't take it so personally.
Like pretty much everywhere else, "just because you can doesn't mean you should" didn't work so well with growing numbers of players... People find new ways to be jerks, new rules follow. Just check the date on the "No hateful posts" sticky vs. the age of the forum. Same with ingame chat. Afaik, the "report" feature wasn't there from the beginning. Of course, mods have room to interpret the rules, not everyone finds the same things worth intervening and moods vary but if they appear too strict, I'd put most of the blame on people who just can't follow the most basic netiquette.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info