@GGG Staff: Please take a chill pill

A bit offtopic, guys:

If one doesn't like gays that makes him homophobic.

So if one doesn't like pedophiles he must be pedophobic, right?
IGN: Iworkeout
"
Alysma wrote:
Like pretty much everywhere else, "just because you can doesn't mean you should" didn't work so well with growing numbers of players... People find new ways to be jerks, new rules follow. Just check the date on the "No hateful posts" sticky vs. the age of the forum. Same with ingame chat. Afaik, the "report" feature wasn't there from the beginning. Of course, mods have room to interpret the rules, not everyone finds the same things worth intervening and moods vary but if they appear too strict, I'd put most of the blame on people who just can't follow the most basic netiquette.
Problem is: humanity.
Finding new ways to be jerks seems to be "in" lately.
Go check whatever furom nowadays, taking D3 forum as example: it's full of idiots.

Note, I am generalizing here, don't take it personally.
Unless, of course, you are one of these jerks, then feel free to feel personally offended/attacked. :P

"
cutt wrote:
A bit offtopic, guys:

I ain't touching this one... O_O
Last edited by Xogroroth on Jul 23, 2014, 8:38:26 AM
"
Xogroroth wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:
Like pretty much everywhere else, "just because you can doesn't mean you should" didn't work so well with growing numbers of players... People find new ways to be jerks, new rules follow. Just check the date on the "No hateful posts" sticky vs. the age of the forum. Same with ingame chat. Afaik, the "report" feature wasn't there from the beginning. Of course, mods have room to interpret the rules, not everyone finds the same things worth intervening and moods vary but if they appear too strict, I'd put most of the blame on people who just can't follow the most basic netiquette.
Problem is: humanity.
Finding new ways to be jerks seems to be "in" lately.
Go check whatever furom nowadays, taking D3 forum as example: it's full of idiots.

Note, I am generalizing here, don't take it personally.
Unless, of course, you are one of these jerks, then feel free to feel personally offended/attacked. :P

"
cutt wrote:
A bit offtopic, guys:

I ain't touching this one... O_O

I am. Errrr wait. No. That's not what I meant. Argh!
"
Nubatron wrote:
Actually, my response was on topic since moving threads into the appropriate sub forums is being characterized as over moderation. That is incorrect. They are doing the bare minimum requirement of their job.....moving threads to the right place on the forum. Hell, there are some topics that I wish they had an automated script to move them to feedback and the player has to request it be moved to another subforum because some players know where it is supposed to go but purposely don't because they are intending to spam. Yes, desync is one topic that I wish would be moved to feedback automatically.

Your comment is one if the reasons I think they not heavy handed enough. They are just too nice to forum trolls. It is beyond me.

You seem to be working under a few assumptions here (bolded) that aren't always true. In fact, they probably rarely are.

1. Most people primarily lurk on GD (as the numbers show), so the subforums are a terrible place to find the info you want, or to garner views. If it's something really specific, most people are aware of the search function (an assumption of mine, but giving the benefit of the doubt to your average user). Bottom line: "If it's not in GD, nobody will see."

2. Just because it's in GD, doesn't mean it is, or is intended to be, spam. While certain beaten-to-death topics can be considered as much (such as desync), you probably shouldn't even use the forums at all if you think it's just spam anyway.

3. Your use of the term "troll" is far too loose here. Yes, there are tons of trolls on these forums, but the vast majority of them are playful rather than hurtful, so there's no real harm in allowing their fun (thus, the mods usually tolerate them).

The point that I find curious is that you think they are not heavy-handed enough. Do you want them to be so strict that they drive away their players? If that's the case, they're well on their way to doing just that. Speaking for myself, and probably a fairly large number of other users here, I don't want that. Forums should be fun, informative, and a grounds for discussion/feedback. When you make them too strict, only bad things follow.

Hell, if you ever want to test the waters on this, go try even the most remote criticism of anything game-related on the Star Wars: TOR forum. I completely quit that game, and will never go back to it due to how they treated me over just that. They don't like being told that their game isn't perfect, and they DO scrub their forums clean of anything that isn't praise. This is just bad business--especially for them--because I wasn't a f2player either. I was subbed during my time with that game (its f2p model is unbearable), and they lost $180/year from me because I wanted to suggest some quality of life improvements for the game, and they couldn't take criticism.

While I don't pay that amount for this game, I do buy things on occasion and endorse it to my friends. But if this is the direction it's going, I don't think I can continue doing that. Too many other game companies are ready, willing, and able to make a friendly forum and game environment for me to stick with one that won't and doesn't. I'm not saying that I'm leaving right now, or anything, because this issue is yet unresolved, but I am saying that they need to treat people better, or people won't want to support them. I'm still going to give it at least until the next 4 month league starts to see if it gets better--unless it gets worse.

Either way, the main point here is that they are ultimately a business, and a business that treats customers badly is a business with a poor future. A business that treats customers well has a bright future.
"
cutt wrote:
A bit offtopic, guys:

Pedophobic means being afraid of children.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
A bit offtopic, guys:

Pedophobic means being afraid of children.

I can understand the view you've given AlbinosaurusRex, and the feedback around this is helpful, so we thank you for opening up the discussion in a way that's often started one-sided.

We care a great deal about how players communicate while in-game and on the forums, and that they have the freedom to share their feedback and concerns without being destructively criticized for giving their honest opinion. After all, both negative and positive feedback should be valued, and we want to make sure that our team's able to see it to be get a clear perspective on where people are coming from. Threads in the Feedback forum show this, and although there aren't always responses from GGG there are great discussions there that are read by us and the developers.

Now for general forum behaviour and etiquette: Many of the comments that I find myself editing are ones that may just need to be reworded due to something ad hominem/name and shame being slipped in there unintentionally during a discussion, and this alone causes arguments and derails topics. Mistakes and misunderstandings like this aren't something we want to be probating for, and most of the time we can be happy just giving users a pm explaining why we fixed it up, maybe have a small discussion around it, and coming to an understanding - this is all fine, and interacting with the community is one of my favourite parts of the position.

The other side of it is intentionally infringing our guidelines, which there just isn't a reason for. If someone can't get their point across without personally attacking others, or trying to jeopardize threads then I have no problem giving them a time-out. Just to elaborate a bit on probations, they aren't something we give out easily either, and are very dependent on prior infractions, as well as the severity. We can see how this can cause speculation among users for some things we do, but we'll only discuss case information with the people involved.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply, was keeping an eye on this thread while doing some other tasks, but we're always free to discuss any general questions about things like this by private message or emailing us at support@grindinggear.com. Thanks again for keeping this discussion open-ended for us to give a response.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Linked a rare lvl 5 crap armor that had tri-res 6%
"wow elite tri-res armor c/o 5 ex best ever!!!"
Seconds later serious whisper from a dev: "please do not trade in global"
(he thought it was a 5 ex item)... didn't get it till after he inspected the item.

But this one was better:

Made a cast on death/meme joke;
"I bought rmt items for $700, died with it in hc, but my cast on death linked spark did like 0.05% dmg to the monsters that killed me... so I got that going for me, which is nice."

Next day trying to log in: banned.
Took me 10 hours to get a reason from support why.
They said real money trading.
How the fuck do you even... bots scan the chat and ban anyone who says "rmt"?? wtf??
And it took me another 10 hours on top to get back and they finally understood it was a joke after I linked the meme wiki page.

Shit is getting serious with GGG.
They ain't fucking around.
The Blizzard card has been pulled.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:
[...]

Shit is getting serious with GGG.
They ain't fucking around.
The Blizzard card has been pulled.

Lol, they are not going that far to get lawsuits going, I hope.

That would be money wasted on a big scale.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:32:49 PM
"
Quantume wrote:
Made a cast on death/meme joke;
"I bought rmt items for $700, died with it in hc, but my cast on death linked spark did like 0.05% dmg to the monsters that killed me... so I got that going for me, which is nice."

Next day trying to log in: banned.

Its kind of like making bomb jokes on a plane dude, you'll end up in a world of shit even if its obvious you don't actually have a bomb, so better just to not do it in the first place no matter how amusing it might seem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info