@GGG Staff: Please take a chill pill

"
As for the report, that was just a bad/dumb decision, but one he'll definitely learn from.

The only thing we learned is that GGG loves to suck the fun out of their own game.
"
"
As for the report, that was just a bad/dumb decision, but one he'll definitely learn from.

The only thing we learned is that GGG loves to suck the fun out of their own game.

From my experience, it's apparent that they don't read the context of any report--only the content of the reported comment. That said, it's easy to see why it happened how it did.
I had a couple of posts deleted and a threat to be banned/probation/whatever because I said some people that were on the season 8 winners list were using a map hack. Didn't name anyone, but the reasoning was "naming and shaming". It felt more like GGG simply covering up a season that was begging to be dominated by cheats (signature races that greatly benefit from map hacking, limited fixed races, etc.).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
"

Well, the game sure is fun to me. I dont know if we are playing the same game though as some people here seem to be defending bad behavior and moderator decisions. If there was no moderation at all it would be like the inmates were running the asylum.
"
TehHammer wrote:
I had a couple of posts deleted and a threat to be banned/probation/whatever because I said some people that were on the season 8 winners list were using a map hack. Didn't name anyone, but the reasoning was "naming and shaming". It felt more like GGG simply covering up a season that was begging to be dominated by cheats (signature races that greatly benefit from map hacking, limited fixed races, etc.).

How the hell do you even know if someone uses a maphack or not? Dont make allegations about whether someone committed a crime or not and focus on yourself getting better at doing the races.
"
"
"

Well, the game sure is fun to me. I dont know if we are playing the same game though as some people here seem to be defending bad behavior and moderator decisions. If there was no moderation at all it would be like the inmates were running the asylum.

Nobody is asking for all moderation to stop. And my OP even said that many of the actions taken are deserved. Arguing from the slippery-slope angle is not an effective tactic here.

However, the game is very fun, and I'm 100% with you on that. It's just that some of the things they take action against are done so out-of-context, or it was just someone having playful fun that was taken too seriously. Hence, the name of the topic.
"
"
"

Nobody is asking for all moderation to stop. And my OP even said that many of the actions taken are deserved. Arguing from the slippery-slope angle is not an effective tactic here.

However, the game is very fun, and I'm 100% with you on that. It's just that some of the things they take action against are done so out-of-context, or it was just someone having playful fun that was taken too seriously. Hence, the name of the topic.

Well, if you think theyre wrong, shoot them a PM or better yet, an email. Dont make a thread to garner sympathy for what might be justified moderation decisions after all.
"
Well, if you think theyre wrong, shoot them a PM or better yet, an email. Dont make a thread to garner sympathy for what might be justified moderation decisions after all.

I've done both. A couple of the GGG guys have even PM'd me for details. The topic is here because of the unjustified decisions. So stop trying to confuse the issue, please. Trying to twist the words around only shows that you lack a well-founded stance, and have run out of useful things to say on the topic. It's not funny or clever either.

If you only come to the forums to troll or argue everything anyone ever says, you are part of the problem. You would be among those who justify these actions that are unjustified for an average user.

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Jul 25, 2014, 7:44:23 AM
Hi all,

We've tried to keep this thread open for as long as possible so that the topic AlbinosaurusRex wanted to discuss can be talked about fairly and openly. Unfortunately, we've found ourselves having to regularly remove large numbers of off topic posts that have been detracting from that discussion.

Please be mindful about making these types of posts, as ultimately they may cause the thread to be locked.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hi all,

We've tried to keep this thread open for as long as possible so that the topic AlbinosaurusRex wanted to discuss can be talked about fairly and openly. Unfortunately, we've found ourselves having to regularly remove large numbers of off topic posts that have been detracting from that discussion.

Please be mindful about making these types of posts, as ultimately they may cause the thread to be locked.

About time... even though i agree that reports should send a little log of context.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info