@GGG Staff: Please take a chill pill

Let me preface this by saying that I am aware that this kind of topic can be a sensitive one--especially for those who it is about--and that it is usually removed for perfectly justifiable reasons (causes bickering, unproductive, potentially offensive, etc), but my goal with this particular post is to offer some "real talk" feedback about how GGG staff are presenting themselves right now, and what effect it has on us players.

This is not intended to be inciteful (not to be confused with "insightful"), but I've noticed a trend lately where GGG responses to threads, in-game behavior, and general "policies" tend to be very heavy-handed and never even offer the player a warning first. Many of these instances DO deserve it, okay? I acknowledge that. But some of them DO NOT, and they need to realize this. Even if all they did was take the one extra step to find out the entirety of a situation before reacting, they could avoid many of these missteps.

Obviously, I would love to provide proof for you other forum readers here, but due to the nature of their privacy policies, and out of unrequited respect for the GGG staff, I won't name names either. However, some of you will definitely know what I am talking about here, and many of you are probably fortunate enough not to.

I'm not asking for them to stop doing their jobs--only that they relax a bit on the controls. The policing of what is, or can be, said both on these forums and in-game is simply too strict. Even minor things often have action taken against them, and I can't help but feel this is yet another piece of a larger pie that holds this game back.

Don't get me wrong. There's a lot of great things in this game, and it certainly deserves its place among its many competitors, but these are the kinds of things that give advantage to those competitors. When I first started playing PoE, they were really laid back about a lot of things, and I loved them for it. Now that feeling is spoiled, and I see a sort of attitude pervading their posts and replies that reflects this. PLEASE do not pull a "Blizzard" on us and start thinking you're too good for us. That's what is killing that company's reputation, and it's heart-breaking for true gamers everywhere when they see it happen to what was, and should be, a great company.

Anyway, I know I bounce back and forth a lot between addressing GGG and my fellow forum goers here, so I hope you'll forgive that, but to you forum people:

Have you noticed this trend too?
Do you think it's warranted?
Have you seen examples of excellence?
Or do you disagree entirely?

Let's try to keep this as civil as possible, because this should be a chance for GGG to evaluate themselves against what their community feels and thinks about them--a chance for them to listen and observe, as well as to grow. If we spoil this for them (by name-calling, trolling, intentionally offending individuals, etc), it hurts us. If they spoil it for us (by deleting this thread or heavily moderating the replies), it hurts them. Let's see where this goes.
I wrote in global chat:
Homosexuals are mentally ill
I got muted for an hour
Then I wrote Pedophiles are mentally ill many times over the course of the day,
Didn't get muted.

I don't know about you but this seems kind of weird, doesn't it? Whether the staff mutes or doesn't is quite literally based on what they believe, instead of being objective about it.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
[Removed by Support]

topkek
It's been very blatant for a few months now that support is extremely Godwin-like in their forum solutions.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The lack of doge was appalling. Here you go. :)
"
Hyskoa wrote:
It's been very blatant for a few months now that support is extremely Godwin-like in their forum solutions.

I wasn't trying to be this rude about it, but I agree.
"
"
Hyskoa wrote:

I wasn't trying to be this rude about it, but I agree.

Spoiler
"
visiON123 wrote:
I wrote in global chat:
Homosexuals are mentally ill
I got muted for an hour
Then I wrote Pedophiles are mentally ill many times over the course of the day,
Didn't get muted.

I don't know about you but this seems kind of weird, doesn't it? Whether the staff mutes or doesn't is quite literally based on what they believe, instead of being objective about it.
The first is not by law prohibited, unless you live in a backwater area of the world.
Thus, per definition, that was an insult.
Pedophelia on the other hand, is by law forbidden, and is per definition an act of violence towards children.
Thus your statement in that regard was correct.
I hope this explained this part to you, Vision.

As for people getting more and more strict: The fact that people tend to ge further and further, passing boundaries they should not, explains that part.
If you give a finger to someone, he'll probably rip your entire arm off, and when you have a bad luck streak, you'll be missing a leg as well, if not both.
So, in their defense, i get it...
Things derail very fast, this day and age...
"Unrequited respect"??

Is that when the mods still ignore you no matter how passive-aggressive you get?
"
Xogroroth wrote:
The first is not by law prohibited, unless you live in a backwater area

Fun fact for the day: In Singapore gay sex is legal if it's between women but illegal if it's between men. True story. Sorry for off topic :s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info