@GGG Staff: Please take a chill pill

Why is there no "chat filter" option on here or in-game? It's like GGG wants to mute people for any reason they can. Like we're their stress balls or something. Also the in-game chat is moderated very inconsistently. You know what they say, if you can't do something right then don't do it at all. I just hope as time goes on GGG finds a good middle-ground when it comes to moderation.
Last edited by omnibean on Jul 24, 2014, 7:33:15 AM
"
Why is there no "chat filter" option on here or in-game? It's like GGG wants to mute people for any reason they can. Like we're their stress balls or something. Also the in-game chat is moderated very inconsistently. You know what they say, if you can't do something right then don't do it at all. I just hope as time goes GGG finds a good middle-ground when it comes to moderation.

I don't know why they have to mute for every single little offence anyway, there's an ignore function in game, people should learn how to use it.
Ignore and move on, instead of crying about it.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
Last edited by visiON123 on Jul 24, 2014, 7:16:02 AM
"
visiON123 wrote:
"
Why is there no "chat filter" option on here or in-game? It's like GGG wants to mute people for any reason they can. Like we're their stress balls or something. Also the in-game chat is moderated very inconsistently. You know what they say, if you can't do something right then don't do it at all. I just hope as time goes GGG finds a good middle-ground when it comes to moderation.

I don't know why they have to mute every single little offence anyway, there's an ignore function in game, people should learn how to use it.

I was having a private whisper conversation with a friend and he jokingly reported me for calling him a racial slur and I was muted for 30 minutes. This prevented me from mapping with him and totally ruined our good time. This was a few weeks ago and I'm still really salty about it.
Last edited by omnibean on Jul 24, 2014, 7:25:58 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
To be fair I only had a good experience with Activision Blizzard support. They might not respond as fast as GGG support does but they also have different audience sizes to handle.

I agree. If there's one thing Blizzard does right it's player support.
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
To be fair I only had a good experience with Activision Blizzard support. They might not respond as fast as GGG support does but they also have different audience sizes to handle.

I agree. If there's one thing Blizzard does right it's player support.

Now if only they could remember how to make a decent RPG.
"
@AlbinosaurusReKT Please take a chill pill.

a 10 min mute is a warning, you expect it to be the full punishment? the community is toxic and needs a cure, if anything they should be handing out week mutes more often to toxic members.

It's comments like this that have lead to such heavy-handed dealings in moderation. Not only do you intentionally misspell my name as an insult, but the things you say are equally inflammatory. Don't you see the hypocrisy? You would be among the first to receive such a mute.
"
"
visiON123 wrote:
"

I don't know why they have to mute every single little offence anyway, there's an ignore function in game, people should learn how to use it.

I was having a private whisper conversation with a friend and he jokingly reported me for calling him a racial slur and I was muted for 30 minutes. This prevented me from mapping with him and totally ruined our good time. This was a few weeks ago and I'm still really salty about it.

The reporting feature is not for fun. its like people who own guns because the have a right to have one and then they elt it lie on the table where the child can grab it and shoot itself.

Now you know better not to report people for stupid lulz or get reported for stupid lulz.

And some things have to be reported because of harassment or threats.

If you think GGG is too harsh then dont be stupid and complain about it but better yourself and become a nicer person. That would be too much work though, right?
"
The reporting feature is not for fun. its like people who own guns because the have a right to have one and then they elt it lie on the table where the child can grab it and shoot itself.

Now you know better not to report people for stupid lulz or get reported for stupid lulz.

If you think GGG is too harsh then dont be stupid and complain about it but better yourself and become a nicer person. That would be too much work though, right?

Problem arises when anyone can report anyone for basically anything, and the person will get muted.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
"

Nice job comparing reports to gun violence.
"
"

Nice job comparing reports to gun violence.

Even better, he uses a ridiculous example. No sane person leaves their gun lying around unsecured for little kids to play with. As for the report, that was just a bad/dumb decision, but one he'll definitely learn from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info