Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
Startkabels wrote:
"
And? It's just as easy as Double Strike.

Lol

Sorry guys, facerolling the hardest boss by clicking on two flasks isn't enough for me.

I quit.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
(Fails to see context)

Bye, have a good one!
Well, the premise of your argument seems to be ST is the main reason this build is overpowered, it's not.
If you think that you didn't read properly.

I will repeat this again: What makes the build "OP" is the total package that includes all of the elements below. And I put OP between quotes because it's discussable imo considering all the elements of the build and the effort and investment it takes to obtain some of them. The easiest to obtain though is ST!

-auras supported by aura nodes and snapshotting
-Unique items with synergies like CoE, Shavs and Atziri's Acuity
-Low life supported by Blood Rage, Pain Attunement and Shavs
-ST with daggers and crit that allows them to attack fast, thus leech fast and attack enemies multiple times with the best melee weapon in the game that has the best passives in the game

I'm trying to convince that ST should be redesigned, not because that it the primary reason for this build to be OP but because it is a design flaw that affects all builds and not only this builds.

For example it disbalances melee builds who basically all benefit from switching to ST. And there is no downside for them to switch to this ranged skills as the melee builds that they are.

Same goes basically for ranged builds, with ST can now use any melee weapon in the game without any downside.

Suggestion: Design ST so that it works only with specific weapons, similar to Power Siphon and bow skills
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 9:14:53 AM
nothing needs to be nerfed/balanced here, maybe some daggers node but it's simply to understand why low life es builds are stronger than any other

melee chars use ONLY physical dmg or only elemental dmg
caster chars use ONLY elemental dmg

low life uses BOTH

low life builds are boosted by every kind of stats on the rings or amulets... if you are full physical dmg, the only thing that boosts your dps is added phys dmg and crit, low life dps is boosted by phys dmg, ele dmg, weapon ele dmg, spell dmg, crit.

low life rings/amulet and all the synergy gives much much much more dps than melee or caster builds, but they cost 4-5 times more than classic builds.

you have to change the whole game to make people stop being jealous here because low life will always be better than pure life or caster builds

low life --> shit tons of exalted invested in gear --> strong char
classic builds --> a third of exalted invested --> average char

but there are some caster with perfect mirrored gear which can do a good dps aswell, but there aren't rings worth 200 exalted for caster which give a so huge dps buff as for phys/ele
Or you know...

"
If you think that you didn't read properly.

I will repeat this again: What makes Wander OP is the total package that includes

-auras supported by aura nodes and snapshotting
-Unique items with synergies like CoE, Shavs and Atziri's Acuity
-Low life supported by Blood Rage, Pain Attunement and Shavs
-Wander with wands and crit THAT IS HIGHER THAN DAGGERS ON A SKILL THAT GENERATES POWER CHARGES that allows them to attack fast, thus leech fast and attack enemies multiple times with the best ranged weapon in the game that has the best passives in the game (it specs low-life = best passives in the game)

Your problem is ranged vs. melee. Nothing to do with spectral, I actually prefer wander to spectral - it's far more laid back and clears just as fast.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 28, 2014, 9:16:52 AM
"
nothing needs to be nerfed/balanced here, maybe some daggers node but it's simply to understand why low life es builds are stronger than any other

low life uses BOTH

Believe it or not - casters can use physical with EK and Hatred Conversion.

Melees can use Anger and Wrath. In fact, there was a very powerful elemental/physical hybrid Reave build a while ago.

It's not the reason low-life is overpowered.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Your problem is ranged vs. melee. Nothing to do with spectral, I actually prefer wander to spectral - it's far more laid back and clears just as fast.

ST makes you practically immune to reflect by the way it mitigates damage, also daggers have better nodes in the tree and ST works better with the leech of this build.

It's not a coincidence most people use ST, it's because it's most practical.

And again, I'm not saying that ST makes this build OP whatsoever...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 9:20:23 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

low life uses BOTH

Believe it or not - casters can use physical with EK and Hatred Conversion.

Melees can use Anger and Wrath. In fact, there was a very powerful elemental/physical hybrid Reave build a while ago.

It's not the reason low-life is overpowered.

Of course you can use all kinds of alternatives in the context of this build.

You're referring to melee but you mean the same build using a melee skill instead.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 9:19:29 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:

ST makes you practically immune to reflect by the way it mitigates damage, also daggers have better nodes in the tree and ST works better with the leech of this build.

It's not a coincidence most people use ST, it's because it's most practical

Wander makes you practically immune to reflect - and I'm not going to come up with bullshit - I'll tell you exactly how.

- GMP, Chain on Power Siphon to divide damage up in to manageable chunks that can't one shot
- Wanding entails mana draw which enables AA with the same build allowing AA to COMPLETELY NEGATE Physical and Fire reflect damage - remaining ele reflect damage is easily dealt with the leech and ele res.

One GMP-Chain and you go from zero to full. Boom. Doesn't get better.

You don't crit twice with Spectral even with Acuities and you're dead. 95% chance to crit on a hard reflect map, 1 in 400 chance to do that. Source: Died. Lol.

Honestly, people have been telling you that you lack knowledge, it's not a lie.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 28, 2014, 9:23:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info