Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Updated op with:

I also think that the 1handed weapon crit nodes that are on the outer right of the skill tree(140% + 140%) are too much. They are right on the main pathway between auras and unwavering stance too.
Is that looking at the screen using a mirror?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:

Startkabels, this thread is about properly balancing lowlife builds. It's not about ST, or about ST making melee dull in comparison. The reason people want to nerf the attack speed bonus of blood rage is because it contributes to lowlife builds being overpowered, and is solely a LL property. No other build, except LL builds, would be affected. In fact, nerfing ST would have a MUCH greater implication for every other build besides BR, but nerfing the attack speed bonus of BR would only affect LL builds. It has NOTHING to do with ST, a specific attack you think is OP. Is ST OP? Maybe, that's a discussion for a different thread. A nerf to BR attack speed would very evenly balance out LL being OP. It would effect no one else. A nerf to ST, on the other hand, would have much more universal implications.

I see that nerfing attack speed on BR only affects low life builds though so I'm not necessarily against nerfing BR anymore.
I actually missed the low life part on +0.75 increased Attack Speed when on Low Life so point taken :D

I actually stopped contributing to this thread, particularly responding to Startkabels, when he posted this in response to me. It explicitly showed his knowledge was incomplete about the subject of LL.

Further supported by:

"
Startkabels wrote:

I've never used Shavs, CoE, BR, CoC, CI, Atziri's Acuity. None of that

I have concluded that Startkabels simply is not knowledgeable about this subject enough to contribute useful information worth responding too.

HOWEVER

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/944641

He does indeed bring up some good points here. If anyone is wondering why keeps crying about ST, I would suggest reading that thread.

Only thing is, it seems that after everybody stopped caring about that thread to respond to Startkabels, he spread his QQ about ST here.

And although at least 4 people have told him that this thread is not about spectral throw, he continues to cry about how it is imbalanced, to say the least.

So I would suggest to everyone: Just stop responding to him if what he says has nothing to do with this thread or is simply not true. If you would like to discuss ST with him, I would suggest posting in his other thread.

No offense intended Startkabels.

And to really get this straight:

OP, if you are still reading this, I politely request for you to please declare if ST is relevant to the discussion here. If it is, I will humbly say that Startkabels is ok in discussing ST. If it's not, then please: To everyone talking about ST, take it somewhere else (maybe in the discussion that Startkabels started in the other thread I linked in my other post.
You can ban me from triple post XD, but I would just like to say one last thing:

Would like everyone to take a look at this quite unusual LL build:

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/728023

Interesting because it really is LL the way everyone initally thinks of LL (a risky tradeoff).
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jul 28, 2014, 8:36:48 PM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 29, 2014, 6:37:55 AM
Thanks for the TL;DR at the end. Saved me a lot of time.
This thread is not about ST.

Some low life builds may use st, some low life builds do not, ST is not a common denominator of low life builds.

If one wishes to discuss what can be done to balance ST itself, then i suggest they do that in a thread about ST.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
so basically, u want to destroy the lowlife builds and make shavrones wrappings an useless iten?
"
Blood rage:

- Reduce attack speed/life leech

- Make chaos drain based on energy shield as well

Dont forget the budget lowlife builds with solaris lorica. This change will destroy all of them. They must have place in the game.

Also i get bored with the lot of hate of lowlife-shav-coe. If somebody play a lot - trade a lot - suck a lot to get a 400+ ex worthy gear, that must be reaally gg.

Go and theorycraft other gg builds (like the Foxtactics rf-arc-flamesurge) instead of hating and wishing nerf to others build.

In the end: buff freesing pulse. I'd Iove to rehash oId times

Peeeeeeeeeaaace

Level 100 Ranger fb_stnemesis
Level 100 Witch fb_HungarianWitch
Level 100 Scion fb_scioonn
In game mostly at CEST 6PM-8PM (not every day), except weekends
"
Crackmonster wrote:
This thread is not about ST.

Some low life builds may use st, some low life builds do not, ST is not a common denominator of low life builds.

If one wishes to discuss what can be done to balance ST itself, then i suggest they do that in a thread about ST.

You guys still breaking your head on my opinion?

You have clearly not understood me correctly.

Ive posted that I think redesigning ST is in fact a way to balance this build with other classes, melee in particular.

It might not be a way to nerf damage output of low life builds, I could agree but this post is about balancing a build is it not?

If you think that balance is only about damage, you're wrong.

And Crackmonster, your latest suggestion to start nerfing 1 handed nodes is again a short sighted nerf that takes these nodes out of the context of the build, that nerf will again affect many other builds.

So to be clear: In my opinion the balance issue with this build is ST and I explained why that is in great details.
You might not agree with but to disregard my concern because it has nothing to do with this build is incorrect. ST has everything to do with this build since it is simply using it and this concern is much broader than only this build, but it's no coincidence that everybody who is playing this build uses ST.

@CabooseDog: I can even post a quote in which you confirm that ST is the most effective ranged skill.
I think it's also very weak to try and disqualify somebody from a discussion for not having enough knowledge when he admits he made a mistake.
And it's not necessarily a problem I haven't played this build (like I posted myself, it's not like you discovered that or anything), you're being pretty snobby (no offense)
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 2:51:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info