Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
What? No the build's expense is a result of the rarity of items it uses.

Rarity plays a role but power plays a bigger role. There is many uniques with the same rarity that sell for far less. Many builds require lots of effort, that's not an important point.

Suggestions are not aimed at destroying the build completely(well recent suggestions on bloodrage/crown, not ones that want to abolish lowlife).

"
I'm concerned about class balance in general while most are concerned about this specific build being OP.

The topic is not discussing overall class balance or range/melee disparity. It's discussing a specific build. Well at least it was discussing a specific build, topic is now mostly trying to convince you what the topic is about..
Last edited by Wubbietail on Jul 28, 2014, 11:36:34 AM
"
The topic is not discussing overall class balance or range/melee disparity. It's discussing a specific build. Well at least it was discussing a specific build, topic is now mostly trying to convince you what the topic is about..

You realize that this also includes having a different opinion when it comes to balancing in general, right? Youre basically asking people who disagree with you to fuck off and let you have your little circlejerk without anyone interfering.

If I disagree with the sheer existence of this thread its pretty appropriate for me to post in it, dont you think?
"
Youre basically asking people who disagree with you to fuck off and let you have your little circlejerk without anyone interfering.

What?! I even said I'm not against the suggestions posted to nerf low life and or Shavs for example?

People start flaming towards me for only pointing out ST and now you want to blame me for that?

This build is using ST and this topic is about balance, can I have my opinion about that besides the discussion about the damage output of the build please?

Thanks!
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 11:40:18 AM
I dont even know how to respond to that.
"
You realize that this also includes having a different opinion when it comes to balancing in general, right?

Barely anyone agrees with OP's suggestions to start with. People came up with their own suggestions or disagreed. They're still discussing the actual topic which is about the specific build of crown + lowlife attack builds.

"

People start flaming towards me for only pointing out ST and now you want to blame me for that?

This build is using ST and this topic is about balance...

Right, it's not bad to bring up ST. Just stop acting like the ST variation is the cause of all problems. It's a great damage mechanism but it's not the only one. It's counterproductive to discuss it endlessly. ST can be nerfed or it can't be, that won't matter when the idea of the build enhances all attacks(bow,wand, ranged and melee attacks).
Stop arguing with the guy. I told you before it's just gonna be who is right who is wrong and trying to explain to him wtf is being talked about so he doesnt talk off-topic.

Just leave him, he is not gonna stop.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 28, 2014, 11:44:39 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
You don't have a degree in nuclear physics, you wouldn't dare argue with a physicist.

You have no idea what kind of education I have and it's not relevant. Are you trying to brag about your degrees or something? A person with that kind of education is not likely to brag about it on a game's forum haha. Pathetic really, but whatever

Anyway, ST has damage mitigation out of the box yes. It mitigates monster reflect damage more than Power Siphon does espcially in this build's context, because that's inherent to the way ST works (boomerang, hits enemy twice). Or did you believe it's a coincidence ST works like this and GGG just implemented it for fun not thinking about the damage?

Daggers are used because they're probably the best melee weapons in the game, they have the best nodes in the tree too many players believe.

So I'm discussing the design of ST for you information, you're the one that keeps arguing and falling out of line.
So I will just say it again: I don't advertise a redesign of ST because the build this topic's about might be OP at all.
So why do I discuss it in this topic? Because basically everybody uses ST with daggers as their first choice for this "OP" build and you among others are structurally ignoring that for some reason.

Enough. Get in your head that the whole problem is not about ST but mainly about low-life and secondly about daggers.

Every build with low-life is quite op compared to its life/ci counterpart. This is the issue, and not ST. ST has no meaning for this. Hell you are one kind of a noob.
"
Wubbietail wrote:

Right, it's not bad to bring up ST. Just stop acting like the ST variation is the cause of all problems. It's a great damage mechanism but it's not the only one. It's counterproductive to discuss it endlessly. ST can be nerfed or it can't be, that won't matter when the idea of the build enhances all attacks(bow,wand, ranged and melee attacks).

I don't, I actually stay away from trying to identify the core issue that results in the excessive damage output of the build in case you didn't notice. I haven't even played in this specific setup (see OP) ever!

You turn it around too: People incorrectly think that because I'm pointing out ST as being a design flaw, I also think ST is the source of the problem others are concerned about.

BTW: I posted this many times already...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 11:47:16 AM
"
LSN wrote:
Get in your head that the whole problem...

But there is no problem.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Stop arguing with the guy. I told you before it's just gonna be who is right who is wrong and trying to explain to him wtf is being talked about so he doesnt talk off-topic.

Just leave him, he is not gonna stop.

The difference is that everybody who wants the build nerfed is telling me I'm wrong, while I'm not telling them they're wrong if they come up with good suggestions. Like said before: I support changes to Shavs and LL..

I will tell you you're wrong if you take an element this build uses out of it context and try to advertise the individual component is OP..
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 11:51:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info