Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

Blood rage:

- Reduce attack speed/life leech

- Make chaos drain based on energy shield as well

This gem one of the most overpowered in the game i've been looking at it thinking wtf for over a year at least.

Read more about Blood Rage here.

Auras:

outdated idea
- Auras have no reservation costs, but you are only allowed to use 1 aura.

- 2 farspread places on the skill tree(below marauder and between witch/shadow), should be +1 additional aura nodes.

More here.

In addition to insane increases to damage from low.life status, shavronnes allows low-life characters to run an additional 2-4 auras.

One way to stop low-life from also aurastacking 3-4 additional auras, would be to disable the blood magic gem from working with auras.

Another way would be to reduce the power of damage auras by 40%.

Daggers/Wands:

Change the way crit multiplier works.

Currently You have 150% multiplier on a crit. If you get an additional 300% from gear/build that will stack on your 150% multiplier in this way:

150%(dmg of a crit) * (100%(base) + 300%(crit multiplier increase))

=

150% * 400% = 600%

I suggest instead of the additional multiplier you get multiplying with the base 150%, it will simply add to it. So that if you get 300% more it will be:

150% + 300% = 450%

That will reduce the power of stacking crit multiplier, and wands/daggers are the big crit weapons, so it will impact them the most. It will also make sense as it is the logical way for crit multiplier to work, and it will mean there will be no legacy items made.

UPDATE:

I also think that the 1handed weapon crit nodes that are on the outer right of the skill tree(140% + 140%) are too much. They are right on the main pathway between auras and unwavering stance too.

Does anyone else have any good ideas how you would go about it?

PS
Yes, i use it myself too, and it's not good for build variety
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 28, 2014, 6:27:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Actually, I do not have a better solution, but here´s some of my toughts on the matter :

- Auras

have always been in the game and always played a big role in customizing your character.
Reducing any Player to 1 Aura (or 2 with certain notable passives) would be very restrictive and take the juice/fun out of many other builds. Example : on my main character using a buffed Purity of Elements is the only way to cap my resists and at the same time wear some decent gear that really fits my build. If I´m down to only that one, I lose Haste for Speed buff, and Discipline/Clarity for my mana Regeneration. Take any of these 4 auras away from my witch and you´re basically breaking the build.

- Crit Multiplier

some others might call it a "dead skill" already, but I personally have always loved - and keep coming back to - self-cast Freezing Pulse. It´s not as strong as it initially was, but with a good chunk of crit chance and multiplier it´s still very viable and powerful. I´m just afraid that if you nerf crit multiplier, it might eventually be the kiss of death for this and propably some other self-cast spells as well. (before Echo gets brought up, I´m a fan of making the actual damage per hit really strong and not pump up some paper-dps by just repeating the skill a lot faster)

- Lowlife builds

especially the lowlife spectral throw is something you need to work pretty hard for. It takes a LOT of currency investment for the expensive items, and only reaches it´s full potential after Level 90. I think that it´s good to have this Option, becoming almost god-like in very late game, as a reward for all your efforts and Patience. If anything, I would like to see more possibilities and ways to make such a strong character, and not having ST(or wanders and low-life generally) nerfed into the ground so other builds needn´t feel weak in comparison.

- Blood Rage

no comment on Blood Rage from my end, as I´ve hardly ever used it or played CI/lowlife
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on Jul 19, 2014, 6:43:52 AM
There is no 'effort' in getting to ll st build. You dump your massive bank of money that you already have or one swipe of credit card does the job.

There is really no effort in trading simulator.

And what ll st builds can do currently is beyond absurd. All ggg biggest mistakes in one neat package:

Shavs
Crown of terrible balance
Spectral throw
Daggers having the highest crit almost the highest speed and pretty damn good phys base.

Every single one of these is laughable but combined?.. just lol.
"
150% + 100% = 450%

?

150% + 300% = 450% ?

or

150% + 100% = 250% ?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 19, 2014, 7:12:34 AM
Erm 150% + 300% = 450%

typo lol, thanks
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 19, 2014, 7:28:31 AM
What about applying some damage effectiveness < 1 on fast and crit weapon? This would make Anger and Wrath less potent and reduce the physical damages and overall crit as well. And it wouldn't gimp the crit for spells and slower weapons.
This can even be generalized to all weapons. Most will have a damage effectiveness of 1. Big slow 2h will have > 1, and fast daggers and wands will have it < 1.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
What about applying some damage effectiveness < 1 on fast and crit weapon? This would make Anger and Wrath less potent and reduce the physical damages and overall crit as well. And it wouldn't gimp the crit for spells and slower weapons.
This can even be generalized to all weapons. Most will have a damage effectiveness of 1. Big slow 2h will have > 1, and fast daggers and wands will have it < 1.

I like this idea,

the damage effectiveness shouldn't be quite so harsh that all weapons are equal when compared to their base speed, but a little something to put a penalty on more extreme cases wouldn't go amiss.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Daggers/Wands:

Change the way crit multiplier works.

Currently You have 150% multiplier on a crit. If you get an additional 300% from gear/build that will stack on your 150% multiplier in this way:

150%(dmg of a crit) * (100%(base) + 300%(crit multiplier increase))

=

150% * 400% = 600%

I suggest instead of the additional multiplier you get multiplying with the base 150%, it will simply add to it. So that if you get 100% more it will be:

150% + 300% = 450%

That will reduce the power of stacking crit multiplier, and wands/daggers are the big crit weapons, so it will impact them the most. It will also make sense as it is the logical way for crit multiplier to work, and it will mean there will be no legacy items made.
That's already the way crit multiplier works. Don't know why you thought otherwise.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 19, 2014, 9:45:43 AM
agree that blood rage is hilariously overpowered and could use the nerfbat.

was using it with level 3 enhance during ambush. shit's absurd.

if it were me, i would drop the low-life attack speed bonus by 50% across the board.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 19, 2014, 9:51:30 AM
It is in fact not scrotie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info