Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
Tom1989 wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:

my ambush set

some of my gems are not in there/screwed up because i'm in a state of flux. i don't really play standard. i'll liquidate most of it so i can screw around crafting old alternate art items =p

droprate is pretty good now huh?

Don't be silly his gear/rolls are utter trash (relatively speaking)

@thread concept - to nerf the build sufficiently would require a complete rework of all the involved elements. No small set of nerfs or singular gutting of an element will have any effect at all. My gear set from ambush is far from optimal, but I could still speed clear Uber on like a 1/5th of my power. Never mind setups using proper jewellery and either wrath fang/loathe bane.

The easiest fix for them is to gut it all to hell and legacy CoE and the like to fix the next 4 month and just leave Standard to rot. Ideally they'll rework auras and the interaction between CoE and pain attunement for attacks.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
ahhhh, my return to feedback.

Blood rage - Only OP for low life melee build. Remove the low life shit. It's from a time where low life was basically suicide, especially melee. The idea then was give low life builds a way to burst shit down before their eventual death, now it's a sustainable playstyle. Bloodrage w/o low life bonuses, normal and balanced, for low life, fucking insane. No reason to nerf it for all build nor make it only slightly OP.

Auras - Stop nerfing everything to nerf one thing. Auras, again, only OP for low life builds because they get what, 3-5 more than all other reasonable builds. Why take a build that worked for it's 3-4 and knock it down to 1-2 because one build is broken? Instead do the opposite, find a reason for not reserving life/mana.

There's melee damage on full life for full life bonuses, infernal mantle and MoM which discourage low mana. We need many more passives, gems and uniques that encourage both. If there's a compelling (keyword, not just more shit that no one wants to use) reason not to play low life or reserve all your mana then people will consider against it.

Crit multi - totally agree. It's stupid that crit chance and multi work 2 different ways. I'd prefer that multi works like chance rather than the other way around. It would also save us from needing a 3rd or 4th crit multi nerf anytime in the future.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Jul 20, 2014, 12:58:35 AM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Tom1989 wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:

my ambush set

some of my gems are not in there/screwed up because i'm in a state of flux. i don't really play standard. i'll liquidate most of it so i can screw around crafting old alternate art items =p

droprate is pretty good now huh?

Don't be silly his gear/rolls are utter trash (relatively speaking)

@thread concept - to nerf the build sufficiently would require a complete rework of all the involved elements. No small set of nerfs or singular gutting of an element will have any effect at all. My gear set from ambush is far from optimal, but I could still speed clear Uber on like a 1/5th of my power. Never mind setups using proper jewellery and either wrath fang/loathe bane.

The easiest fix for them is to gut it all to hell and legacy CoE and the like to fix the next 4 month and just leave Standard to rot. Ideally they'll rework auras and the interaction between CoE and pain attunement for attacks.

yea right. most of us running with those gears but we still cry about bad droprate :(

relatively speaking doesn't work here.
Elitism is stronk.
Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 20, 2014, 1:34:44 AM

Easier to see what the crit damage change would do. Added to the OP.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 20, 2014, 4:17:54 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
There is only one emotion I know of that causes people to want to dictate a change in how other people play.

lol

so i'm jealous of myself, and want the build i play to be nerfed because i can't handle how awesome i am compared to myself?

is this what you were getting at? jealousy? because clearly that's not a good explanation.

so i guess you're wrong

sorry about that.

some of us just give a shit about balance, i guess. who would have thought? the build is broken. i know you don't understand this because you haven't played it, but expensiveness is not an excuse for brokenness. neither is rarity.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 20, 2014, 8:09:18 AM
anyway.. fixing snapshot is a first step. Hopefully dev will actually balance shit rather than reducing a little bit of es (which is fucking bull shit). we all know that making more legacy wont solve that problem.

Its good to see someone with those gears spoke the truth.

Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 20, 2014, 8:30:33 AM
Just a small update, changed some aura ideas.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Stop QQ jesus christ ...
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
@OP: All your suggestions are totally screwing many builds that are not aura stacking.

Your problem is just Spectal Throw which is designed completely wrong.

Just drop the hype build already, the BM support is fine, auras and aura nodes are fine and crit is fine.
"
Startkabels wrote:
Your problem is just CoE/Shavs interaction which is designed completely wrong.

fixed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info