Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
Veruski wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why is it important to "balance" (you mean nerf) a build that only a very small percentage of people can afford the gear to play anyway?

because it's overpowered to the point of being comical?

have you played it? no? then chances are you aren't qualified to add to the discussion.
Then I'm sure most of the posts in this thread are not qualified as well. What a stupid argument.

I'm working on playing it as soon as I get my Shav's linked.

Link your gear to prove you're qualified to add to this discusson.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 19, 2014, 2:31:24 PM

my ambush set

some of my gems are not in there/screwed up because i'm in a state of flux. i don't really play standard. i'll liquidate most of it so i can screw around crafting old alternate art items =p
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 19, 2014, 2:38:51 PM
I think this is my #1 gripe with the game: If it is Overpowered to the point of breaking the game, but only a few richies can afford it, it is fine. But if it is even just REALLY good and a lot of people have access you'll see that shit nerfed in a week. Stuff like EK being nerfed.

I think Shavronne's combined with COE and Pain Attunement is just out of control. They need to add some drastic penalties to using these items or remove them completely.

People can say it is daggers, this weapon, that skill, blah blah blah, but low-life builds have been overpowered since Shavs dropped, and with COE are just comical now because they apply to attack builds too.

People should be forced to either be legit low-life (Where they actually care about chaos damage) or be using Lorica.

Just for the record, I'm not saying daggers aren't overtuned. I honestly don't have much opinion on that, because mirror-worthy weapons tend to all seem overtuned.

Remove Shavs or Crown of Eyes (or both) from the next league and we'll see what really is the problem, though.

EDIT: And don't even get me started about those damn Acuity gloves. This game is headed for the shitter if they keep releasing items like these...
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Jul 19, 2014, 3:28:31 PM
"
What about applying some damage effectiveness < 1 on fast and crit weapon? This would make Anger and Wrath less potent and reduce the physical damages and overall crit as well. And it wouldn't gimp the crit for spells and slower weapons.
This can even be generalized to all weapons. Most will have a damage effectiveness of 1. Big slow 2h will have > 1, and fast daggers and wands will have it < 1.

Best weapon-crit balance suggestion I have heard yet.

Melee Damage Effectiveness:

Bows: 0%
Wands: 0%
Daggers: 75%
Sceptres: 80%
Claws: 85%
Rapiers: 90%
1H Swords: 100%
1H Maces: 100%
Staves: 100%
1H Axes: 110%
2H Swords: 125%
2H Maces: 135%
2H Axes: 135%
"
Veruski wrote:

my ambush set

some of my gems are not in there/screwed up because i'm in a state of flux. i don't really play standard. i'll liquidate most of it so i can screw around crafting old alternate art items =p

droprate is pretty good now huh?
"
Tom1989 wrote:
droprate is pretty good now huh?

no, droprate is shit

outside of the acuities, you are looking at trade2win
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why is it important to "balance" (you mean nerf) a build that only a very small percentage of people can afford the gear to play anyway?

This argument is getting tiresome. The power of the pieces is what creates the demand, which is what makes the cost ridiculous. And even if every piece of gear had a set price at a vendor, dictated by GGG, you'd still have the problem of player motivation where once you get to a certain wealth threshold, you unlock the single best build. That's not how a game as complex as PoE should work.

Also, another major problem is the broken state of PA. It needs to be totally redesigned to actually reward taking damage in combat rather than just reward wearing one unique piece of gear.
I have never played a low life character at all but I think changing Crown of Eye's "Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to Attack Damage" to "Increased Spell Damage modifiers also apply to Attack Damage" would be a reasonable nerf to Low Life CoE Shav builds. Also I think they shouldn't nerf Crit Multi itself but instead nerf the maximum crit strike chance cap to roughly 80-85% as I feel that the ability to have a constant stream of crits is just way too abused in any sort of crit build and having a lowered cap on crit will allow the player to invest less into crit nodes and put up them into other nodes if they were to easily hit the 80-85% cap.
FeelsBadMan
"
Uvne wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

This argument is getting tiresome. The power of the pieces is what creates the demand, which is what makes the cost ridiculous. And even if every piece of gear had a set price at a vendor, dictated by GGG, you'd still have the problem of player motivation where once you get to a certain wealth threshold, you unlock the single best build. That's not how a game as complex as PoE should work.

Also, another major problem is the broken state of PA. It needs to be totally redesigned to actually reward taking damage in combat rather than just reward wearing one unique piece of gear.
And just how have people using this gear made your playing experience any less fun? There is only one emotion I know of that causes people to want to dictate a change in how other people play.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
And just how have people using this gear made your playing experience any less fun?

Them using the gear does not make the game less fun. This combination of uniques ruining upper endgame build diversity does make my playing experience less fun though.

Without changing any mechanics, just removing shavs from the next 4 month league would solve the issue. Otherwise nerfs are going to have to happen or a lowlife mechanic change..
Last edited by kasub on Jul 20, 2014, 12:05:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info