Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

No it does not, is it so hard to read? See OP for more information. See several other topics posted by Crackmonster for more information.

End game build uses LL, CoE, Shavs, Auras, ST, daggers, Atziri's Acuilty
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 6:17:44 AM
as long as you keep ignore what this thread is focusing on, whatever.

also, sorry i dont track ppl's history.
Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 28, 2014, 7:00:40 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:
End game build uses LL, CoE, Shavs, Auras, Atziri's Acuity

Fixed.

"
Tom1989 wrote:
as long as you keep ignore what this thread is focusing on, whatever.

Yeah. If he continues to troll/derail I'm going to have to start PM'ing the moderators.

Discussion is one thing. Being deliberately obtuse for 10+ pages is another, while ignoring the topic of the thread.

After all:

"
Startkabels wrote:
I've never used Shavs, CoE, BR, CoC, CI, Atziri's Acuity. None of that
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 28, 2014, 7:03:33 AM
You guys are hilarious really, you just can't get your head around the real issue which is a specific end game build.

What have we seen so far? Suggestions to nerf:

-Blood Rage
-Auras
-Daggers
-Wands
-Shavs
-CoE
-Low life
-Atziri's Acuity

"
Tom1989 wrote:

this thread focus on shave + coe.

"
CabooseDog wrote:

Startkabels, this thread is about properly balancing lowlife builds.

"
kasub wrote:

CoE is the number one damage factor in these lowlife builds.

"
kasub wrote:

Bloodrage/CoE are the top two factors that have made LL attack builds very overpowered.

"
LSN wrote:

What are you even talking about? This thread is about how to balance low-life because it seriously needs a fix.

LL should be strong as it's designed for min maxed end game builds, it's the total package of the specific end game build's context which is OP if any. Low life is not OP, for example low life spell casters are not OP (not my words btw), this specific end game build is OP and yes the build includes ST (read OP), just like most of the players with this build use ST.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 7:29:29 AM
"
Veruski wrote:
1) reduce the low life attack speed bonus on blood rage. leave the leech alone. the leech part is an interesting bonus for both life builds with high chaos resist and CI builds.

the attack speed, though, is just outrageous. one buff is doing more than what you could ever reasonably get from the entire skill tree and all your gear, combined.

2) nerf coe somehow. this requires elegance. i don't know the exact nerf, but this item is a huge part of the problem. there's nothing wrong with the concept of converting attack based builds into "low life" and wanting to scale it a bit more at the expense of survivability.

the concept is sound. the numbers are not. it's just too much gain from the massive spell dmg.

--

i am a fan of "change as little as possible" -- try not to hurt builds that did nothing wrong, and don't need nerfing.

you could adjust other things, such as auras or low life in general, etc...but changing those mechanics will have a much larger effect on the meta as a whole.

the attack speed bonus on blood rage however, is not exactly commonly used...neither is CoE. the builds that utilize those features, i don't think people should have much sympathy for. you could cut them in half and they would STILL be strong.

Spoiler
i know atziri's acuity has been brought up. i think most people expect that item to become legacy. and not just because of CoE builds, but because in general it circumvents major build problems quite easily. it's a pretty ridiculous item.

interestingly, the blood rage leech bonus, even when combined with this build, does not become crazy until you combine it with acuity.

reposting this.
Here are a couple more reposts for you:

Spoiler
"
sidtherat wrote:
low life is the problem, not blood rage

currently low life has INCREDIBLE bonuses including MORE spell dmg, incredible leech or attack speed

and that is 'ok' - because low life is risky?

well, low life is a shavrones build. there is NO RISK playing low life. you get shavs and you are just as safe as with 'normal' build - extra bonus of 'extra' auras is ofc responsible for better survivabiliy

(i absolutely ignore solaris lorica)

so it looks like this:

low life without shavs DOES NOT EXIST

low life with shavs is the most powerful and obscene build that can freely use several of available LL bonuses (some of these were balanced around idea that 'low life' == risk)

as long as ONE ITEM (shavs) makes low life a joke no item/gem including 'low life' component shall be ever balanced

Spoiler
"
sidtherat wrote:
guys

simplest, cleanest and the most elegant way of solving ALL problems that are related with low life is..

making 'low life' count HP+ES as a whole and apply its effect only when people are below 33% of COMBINED HP + ES

this would finally bring 'low life' to what it should have been from the start - bonus for living on a verge

currently low life is a cushioned car for wealthy and fat
Don't really know what's going on in this thread, some mix of lack of knowledge/running around in circles but I figure this may have some relevance from me just glancing at this thread occasionally ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS-EMxNn58s&feature=youtu.be
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Note the remark in the video: "I normally use LL ST"
"
Startkabels wrote:
Note the remark in the video: "I normally use LL ST"

And? It's just as easy as Double Strike.

Heck, Ventor did 50+ ubers in Standard as Reave.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
And? It's just as easy as Double Strike.

Lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info