Worried about RMT

"
torturo wrote:
Haha Startkabels went bad.
I know two groups of sick botters (not chinese RMT shop dependent, freelancers). They are like guilds or some fuck like that. Know several guys there personally.

You can't even imagine wtf is going on in this game. You have no clue at all.

I intentionally destroyed items/currencies worth around 600-700$ on leaving, according to the real market, as I consider this shit just pixels. Was called a retard by one of them haha.

And no, I won't report a single one of them, as it's not their fault. Parasites inhabit a suitable and friendly environment, otherwise they are set to extinction. PoE provides all of it, with love.

Path of deluded. Don't make me laugh.

If you would care you would report those people, have you?
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
I know two groups of sick botters (not chinese RMT shop dependent, freelancers). They are like guilds or some fuck like that. Know several guys there personally.

I intentionally destroyed items/currencies worth around 600-700$ on leaving, according to the real market, as I consider this shit just pixels. Was called a retard by one of them haha.

And no, I won't report a single one of them, as it's not their fault. Parasites inhabit a suitable and friendly environment, otherwise they are set to extinction. PoE provides all of it, with love.

Reporting does nothing, it may flag the account but Chris Wilson and GGG is pretty much way too forgiving. I'd venture to say that if you just self-admit that you were botting and that you're really sorry about it and you won't do it again they'd actually unban you. Not to mention there have been various cases in the past where people have been legitimately playing the game, but their accounts were flagged and currency frozen/account banned due to the fact that GGG is actually slightly overzealous sometimes.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 21, 2014, 3:25:12 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:

When you design your whole game around the economy

This is a very good point.

GGG has designed the game too much around the economy in my opinion and that is were the excessive use of RNG comes from too.

Instead GGG should either change the drop or the crafting system to make those less random or more meaningful.
This will also re balance trading with drops and crafting .
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

Reporting does nothing, it may flag the account but Chris Wilson and GGG is pretty much way too forgiving. I'd venture to say that if you just self-admit that you were botting and that you're really sorry about it and you won't do it again they'd actually unban you. Not to mention there have been various cases in the past where people have been legitimately playing the game, but their accounts were flagged and currency frozen/account banned.

So what are you saying? Should GGG stop fighting cheaters?

If they did so before, the game was ruined already by now you know.

You make it sound like GGG is only catching like 5% while in fact hey are catching the majority of cheaters.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 3:27:56 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:

So what are you saying? Should GGG stop fighting cheaters?

If they did so before, the game was ruined already by now you know.

You make it sound like GGG is only catching like 5% while in fact hey are catching the majority of cheaters.

No, they are not.

Spoiler
i have botted some month (18h/day) on the same spot and never got banned

I've botted 18h a day for 2 months, still going strong

Quotes from a Botting Forum

Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 21, 2014, 3:51:19 PM
Doesn't make a lot of sense as the only motivation is to make money...
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

When you design your whole game around the economy

This is a very good point.

GGG has designed the game too much around the economy in my opinion and that is were the excessive use of RNG comes from too.

Instead GGG should either change the drop or the crafting system to make those less random or more meaningful.
This will also re balance trading with drops and crafting .

That's it, exactly :)

Until GGG don't take any actions in that direction, the RMT/botting issues will deepen further. If they have no will to fight, why would players care ? An answer to your question to me.

But that means to rework the game completely from upside down. Do you believe ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 21, 2014, 3:37:49 PM
If you ask me they can start implementing the following examples for starters:

Change orb functions
Nobody with common sense thinks it's wise to use a chaos orb to reroll a rare with random stats to make it better, instead think about 10-20 or more chaos orbs depending on the item level.

Crafting should be made more powerful, for example it should be a lot cheaper to add 1 random stat to a rare item for common players.
It should be possible to increase item mod levels fairly easily.
It should be possible to craft less random mods, for example to craft specific mods on an item with a fair amount of effort.
It should be possible to craft specific socket colors fairly easily.
It should be possible to increase the number of socket fairly easily
It should be possible to increase the number of socket links fairly easily, depending on the current number of links
etc. etc.

Change drops
Drops should be more rewarding and like changing crafting, there are many ways to achieve that.
It should be possible to get drop combos. For example when fighting 2 bosses at once, you should get a significant change for a good drop. That is perfectly legit as the bosses often buff each other.
Drops should be less random, low level items should not drop in end game. Low level item mods should not roll in end game.
Certain monster should result in certain drops. For example this monster type drops this type of weapon, this type of item mod, this type of item rarity
etc. etc.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 3:49:16 PM
Sounds reasonable, like many of the similar ideas spread all around the forum.
But nothing will change.

Want to bet?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Sounds reasonable, like many of the similar ideas spread all around the forum.
But nothing will change.

Want to bet?

Sounds like a plan: I will get all your currency if
"
something changes
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 21, 2014, 4:11:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info