Worried about RMT

"
mucker wrote:
People RMT because they are entitled babies, not because of drop rates. You could make high currency and top uniques 100x more likely to drop and people that RMT would still RMT when the game didn't give them exactly what they want. RMT will always be easier than playing to acquire stuff.

If you kill off the market for RMT botters then you kill off the market for RMT in general. Diablo 3 used to be a haven for RMTing and now it is almost non-existent.

RMTing is incredibly rampant in PoE, especially in the HC leagues. This is nothing new at all, everyone that actually plays knows this.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 16, 2014, 8:09:11 PM
You know what's worse than RMT?

Gated RNG. The casual player can't compete and find anything because farm houses that feed the RMT shops find it first, which also leads casual players to RMT since that truly becomes the only viable way to get anything good.

There is a pretty solid base of players here that believe GGG tries to control the economy via controlled drops with no true RNG. If that is really happening well then it plays right in to the RMT/farm house well oiled machine.

They denied this to be the case but there is overwhelming - anecdotal - evidence to suggest otherwise.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jul 16, 2014, 9:59:00 PM
Heh, funny how everyone uses RMT as an excuse to demand insanely high drop rates from GGG. I want muh toys and I want them NAO!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:05:32 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Heh, funny how everyone uses RMT as an excuse to demand insanely high drop rates from GGG. I want muh toys and I want them NAO!

Please see your own sig. :P
"
Xavderion wrote:

Hur hur hur, I refuse to admit that various top HC players engage in RMT even though it's blatantly obvious.

Isn't it funny that some of the top streamers when they do record breaking stuff they don't stream? Hilarious right? How come the race to Invasion Atziri wasn't streamed live? Sounds totally legit!
At this rate, the game will be full of nothing but bots before the year ends. These bots they are running are already on par with the bots in Diablo 2...
"
cgexile wrote:
You know what's worse than RMT?

Gated RNG. The casual player can't compete and find anything because farm houses that feed the RMT shops find it first, which also leads casual players to RMT since that truly becomes the only viable way to get anything good.

There is a pretty solid base of players here that believe GGG tries to control the economy via controlled drops with no true RNG. If that is really happening well then it plays right in to the RMT/farm house well oiled machine.

They denied this to be the case but there is overwhelming - anecdotal - evidence to suggest otherwise.

An RMTer finding something before a casual has no relation to the casual farming for it themselves. This is not the real world, there are potentially unlimited numbers of every item.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all. Also you are the first person I have seen that has ever made this claim. I am on these forums daily, don't pull shit out of your ass.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
xThreads wrote:
total haul from the one month so far:

2 fusings.
1 jeweler.
1 alc (made via rares)
60 alts (made mainly via rares)
30 chromatics (vendor trawling)

total value?
around 4c.

back to watching TI4 I guess...

I don't want insane drop rates.
I want reasonable crafting.

I get that amount of drops (minus the chroms) in a single hour, I actually get more than that in an hour. Just because you only play PoE a max of 2 hours a month doesn't mean drop rates are bad...
"
Xavderion wrote:

Yeah, I made this thread to voice my concern about the existence of RMT mirror gear and the lack of GGG's response in combating this. This is a huge problem for the game and I want to see GGG do a lot more to combat this.

Instead of talking about this real problem a lot of people who don't know how to play the game want to complain about orb drops instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info