Worried about RMT

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Up to about lvl 75-80 drops are fine. You can beat game with blues even. It's just twards tippy top things get ugly. e.g. gear needed to do high lvl maps (or even get high lvl maps) and atziri you better become a flipper or RMT.

I had a great time but throttling back on this game until drops are got by playing. RMT not for me. Being a super flipper for anything decent not for me.

Ele buzzsaw is cheap as hell and can beat atziri, high level maps, etc. No flipping or RMT required. I don't know where this mindset comes from that you need to flip to beat high level maps or anything comes from.

I have never flipped items, RMT, or any of that nonsense. Do just fine tyvm.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Ele buzzsaw is cheap as hell and can beat atziri, high level maps, etc. No flipping or RMT required. I don't know where this mindset comes from that you need to flip to beat high level maps or anything comes from.

Yeah, players should run ele buzz in masses, to overcome gear issues and avoid trading.

You are a shame for the AM title.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Was an example. You can also use GS, summon, arc, and a plethora of other cheap and effective builds.
Cmon Slayer, it's just ele buzz so item independent, as it exploits an OP skill combined with an OP mechanic. And it still require good equipment at highest levels, but that's normal and concerns everything.

All of the above mentioned builds are definitely cheap and efficient...to finish the game story.
Then you need the items, or these builds just fail.
And in practice real game begins where game story ends. You know it, don't pretend you don't.

And we are up to the issue - where do items come from, when real game has begun.
a)crafting
b)loot
c)by trading
d)RMT sites

And the reasons why one chooses this way or another.
Aaaand we just closed the circle and have to start the discussion from the very beginning.

You are ready to defend any flaw, any issue, or any injustice. I was never able to understand it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 22, 2014, 11:33:36 AM
He said specifically flipping and/or RMT was *required*, which I called BS. And it is. Plain and simple.

Arc is capable with a 4L for crying out loud. I've bought 2 pieces of gear, one wand, and recently a pair of boots. Exact same as my old ones but with 30% MS instead of 15%. No flipping required.

I have quite a few complaints with the game, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't call out BS when I see it
and i you want to make a build that is - you know.. - gear dependant? like any melee build that ISNT ele aura based? any bow build that isnt ele aura based? (+2/+1 bows dont drop easily if youd like to point me to a poison arrow and without +gems PA simply does not cut it in maps. and with one it is still pathetic in parties)

phys wander? end-game viable crit bow build? melee (non ST) gear etc etc

try how much currency is needed to get 300pdps 1hander (that is a bare minimum) and how much one needs to get a 400pdps one

few OP builds (flameblast, arc, searing bond, ele st etc) that DO NOT REQUIRE gear do not mean that the situation is OK. it hurts mostly melee players - not only weapon has to be 'more than enough' but also the gear itself has to provide enough life etc. this isnt cheap. and do not pretend that one can find good stuff alone (that one guy doing merc in blues BOUGHT maxed out rolls while playing spellcaster)
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Up to about lvl 75-80 drops are fine. You can beat game with blues even. It's just twards tippy top things get ugly. e.g. gear needed to do high lvl maps (or even get high lvl maps) and atziri you better become a flipper or RMT.

I had a great time but throttling back on this game until drops are got by playing. RMT not for me. Being a super flipper for anything decent not for me.

I have never flipped items, RMT, or any of that nonsense. Do just fine tyvm.

You cant even replace maps you run with any build. I had 15 74/75 maps last night. spent another 40-50 chaos making them decent quality. Found 2 74/75 to replace them.
Git R Dun!
Physical weapons aren't too bad. I find those more often than anything else. Base gear isn't bad either. It's when you start looking for items, like gloves, that have IAS, phys rolls, high life, and resistance. That can of course get expensive.

Phys wander is probably the most expensive, or close to it, build in the game. It's Insanely strong, and it's price reflects that. One shouldn't able to start *any* build from 0 and bring it to BiS without some trading.

Further, these cheap builds are NOT OP. They're cheap and effective. But not OP. Look at CoE with shavronne for OP. That shit is fucking stupid. What's the relative max dmg output of buzzsaw, Arc, and FB? Low. Really low. BUT it's high enough that it's viable. It's not OP though. Not by a long shot.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jul 22, 2014, 12:56:52 PM
You guys are totally getting off track now.

Are you discussing build balance or are you discussing cheating?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
He said specifically flipping and/or RMT was *required*, which I called BS. And it is. Plain and simple.

Arc is capable with a 4L for crying out loud. I've bought 2 pieces of gear, one wand, and recently a pair of boots. Exact same as my old ones but with 30% MS instead of 15%. No flipping required.

I have quite a few complaints with the game, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't call out BS when I see it

Talk about being dishonest.

Arc requires you to have a fully leveled Empower and a specific unique helm for it to work in end game scenarios, otherwise your damage won't be enough in most end game scenarios. Technically you might be able to clear some higher level maps, but most likely you'll end up taking too much damage because your not killing the mobs fast enough.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 22, 2014, 3:16:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info