Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Worried about RMT

What if GGG doesn't care about RMT 'cos they secretly selling currency for really money, 'cos microtransaction incomes are not enought, the game sucks so no many ppl play it so microtransactions do not generate enough money ;0

JUST KIDDING! Maybe except the part that the game sucks, or design sucks 'cos game has a great potential but unfortunately some bad decission have been made and it is what it is now...
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

GGG will never admit it, but a quick search of the common botting forums will show you evidence that GGG has stealth nerfed drop rates in various areas due to botting. After that caused a massive outcry, they started stealth nerfing individual drop rates of the players accounts. Fact of the matter is, since major design principles are centered around the economy, we get affected heavily by RMT.

This sounds interesting, which various areas are these and by how much did they stealth nerf drop rates there? And how does it affect me when botter accounts get their drop rates lowered to basically zero? Isn't that actually a good thing?

I have heard this claim multiple times and it is interesting if true. But if it is true I want to see some actual evidence.

Sadly evidence is never delivered :) The only nerf that happened due to botters is the removal of large chests. Also some currency can only drop after level 12 of so. Especially the latter change doesn't really affect the legit player.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 20, 2014, 12:52:44 PM
A quick google will demonstrate an ex costs 1.50 $. So if an item costs 30 ex. People with less time than money will simply pay the 45 $... instead of spending 50++ hours playing. This forum is full of examlpes of this. Itss gggs fault entirely for supporting such lackluster drop rates.
In Game Name: RIP_DEEPS
IGN RIP_DEEPS
"
snadelle wrote:
Itss gggs fault entirely for supporting such lackluster drop rates.

the drop rate has nothing to do with it.

if ggg increased the orb drop rate it would simply inflate the market, exalted could be bought on rmt sites for 1-2 cent and endgame items would be offered for 3000-5000 exalts.

nothing would change rmt wise, except people would play the game for a shorter time span, reach end game earlier, stop playing this game earlier und don't support it because it's too easy and mainstream.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2014, 3:27:22 PM
"
"
"
miljan wrote:

Where the hack did you get that its the most important aspect of the game? Everyone knows what is the most important aspect of this game or any other arpg game like diablo and that for sure is not trading.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102/

Read that first line bro.

Thanks for finding that post! I wasn't going to bother correcting him further, I am too lazy to go find links for people when the subject matter should be common knowledge.

though this early manifesto says nothing about on how they want to get rid of godly gear people crafted in the long run.

and ggg running a rmt site? why not, there is no better method to identify accounts which rely on cheating.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Xavderion wrote:

Sadly evidence is never delivered :) The only nerf that happened due to botters is the removal of large chests. Also some currency can only drop after level 12 of so. Especially the latter change doesn't really affect the legit player.

Evidence can't be delivered because we aren't allowed to link to RMT sites nor can we link to botting forums. If you're too lazy to go discover the evidence for yourself, I don't know what to tell you.

Removal of large chests was in part due to botting. Also more dangerous mobs were introduced, on top of randomization of various other aspects. The reason why GGG also has shit cluttering all over the ground was actually in part because it fucks up the bots pathing (I'm serious, not even a joke). All it takes is a simple google search on some of the more popular botting forums and you figure out half this shit, including the fact that the vast majority of the 'wealthy' players in fact bot on VMs with proxied IPs.

The bigger problem is that if you didn't bot in a suspicious matter, it's very possible to get unbanned. Unless GGG has irrefutable proof that you are hacking (such as time played, suspicious clicking, irregular behavior observed in town, etc.) some botters have managed to get unbanned. And seriously, there's no reason for them to lie because they can level 1-85 in like a day on a new MAC/IP Address anyways.

I don't mean to expose a side of Path of Exile that really shouldn't be exposed, but the truth of the matter is RMT is extremely rampant, most guys will VM to run 10 bots at a time, sell off or launder their currency to legit players who have no idea the currency was earned through botting. This is especially true in softcore leagues; botting is extremely rampant in these leagues, much less so in hardcore (though it does to an extent happen). GGG has done a fairly admirable job of trying to stem the tide against botting, but that's not the issue here. The problem is that it is far too profitable to do so. Even with the reduced drop rates overall from CB (this is pretty much a fact, bots existed back then too), botters still report anywhere from 15-20 dollars an hour (and they run their bots nonstop, they could care less about getting banned).
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 20, 2014, 6:19:53 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Evidence can't be delivered because we aren't allowed to link to RMT sites nor can we link to botting forums. If you're too lazy to go discover the evidence for yourself, I don't know what to tell you.

Removal of large chests was in part due to botting. Also more dangerous mobs were introduced, on top of randomization of various other aspects. The reason why GGG also has shit cluttering all over the ground was actually in part because it fucks up the bots pathing (I'm serious, not even a joke). All it takes is a simple google search on some of the more popular botting forums and you figure out half this shit, including the fact that the vast majority of the 'wealthy' players in fact bot on VMs with proxied IPs.

The bigger problem is that if you didn't bot in a suspicious matter, it's very possible to get unbanned. Unless GGG has irrefutable proof that you are hacking (such as time played, suspicious clicking, irregular behavior observed in town, etc.) some botters have managed to get unbanned. And seriously, there's no reason for them to lie because they can level 1-85 in like a day on a new MAC/IP Address anyways.

I don't mean to expose a side of Path of Exile that really shouldn't be exposed, but the truth of the matter is RMT is extremely rampant, most guys will VM to run 10 bots at a time, sell off or launder their currency to legit players who have no idea the currency was earned through botting. This is especially true in softcore leagues; botting is extremely rampant in these leagues, much less so in hardcore (though it does to an extent happen). GGG has done a fairly admirable job of trying to stem the tide against botting, but that's not the issue here. The problem is that it is far too profitable to do so. Even with the reduced drop rates overall from CB (this is pretty much a fact, bots existed back then too), botters still report anywhere from 15-20 dollars an hour (and they run their bots nonstop, they could care less about getting banned).

You were saying "GGG has stealth nerfed drop rates in various areas" and I just wanted some numbers :) No need to link to anything.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You were saying "GGG has stealth nerfed drop rates in various areas" and I just wanted some numbers :) No need to link to anything.

Google is your friend.
"
allbusiness wrote:

Google is your friend.

Heh, so no evidence of course :) Good.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

Google is your friend.

Heh, so no evidence of course :) Good.

Heh, I'm just gonna close my eyes to the shit that's going on and pretend it's not happening when in reality it's happening en masse.

Put two and two together. The most important aspect of the game to GGG is the economy. GGG is incapable of dealing with botters just because of the sheer number of them (Chris Wilson hand bans literally hundreds of bot accounts a day, and likely hundreds to thousands more go undetected). There is no feasible way to stop the influx of currency that they can repeatedly produce and launder off onto legitimate players (you cannot possibly penalize the legit players for taking currency from them).

The only other option is to reduce the drop rates, particularly on higher level orbs such as Eternals, Exalts, Divines, and to a certain extent Chaos Orbs. Earlier prior to release, botters were getting something like close to 10-12 exalts (estimated amount of currency) for a 24 hour run on Merciless Docks/Felshrine/etc.

After release (as in no more open beta), that dropped to something like 6-8 exalts, which equates to like 1 exalt per 3/4 hours or some shit like that. Those are rates from botters themselves, it's all over their forums, both public and private if you actually bothered to look it up. The rates on orbs had to be dropped, otherwise you would have botters just massacring the already shit economy. Did you not notice that within a few weeks of Ambush, people had BiS gear, tons of currency was floating around, and that people were starting to trade with Eteranls instead of Exalts? Guess what, that had nothing to do with the loot boxes.

Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 20, 2014, 10:44:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info