Worried about RMT

If your game (the game-play, droprates, "crafting", quest rewards..) is balanced for an economy, like PoE is, then you cant just ignore RMT.

RMT also impacts the online ladder - again, another very important thing in PoE. Cant just ignore.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
i remember my first RIP on HC, it was a long time ago, close after open beta release.

I have met like 10 people on HC and played with them hundreds of maps, and then i rip-ed.

And i was like shit, i need to grind orbs now, so i can gear up again, and they were like " wtf man, just sell shit on jsp"

What is that i asked, and i was laughed at. From 10 people i played with, all of them had jsp acc. And that was so long ago, now not just top players have acc there, but most people on hc.

Point is, this game was designed to be RMT paradise, and i dont care whatever others will say, i am 100% sure GGG is profiting with it, directly or indirectly.

Dito
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
morbo wrote:
If your game (the game-play, droprates, "crafting", quest rewards..) is balanced for an economy, like PoE is, then you cant just ignore RMT.

RMT also impacts the online ladder - again, another very important thing in PoE. Cant just ignore.

^^^^^^^^^ Ding ding ding, when your whole game is designed around the economy then you have to balance drop rates, gameplay, crafting, etc. all around anything that affects the economy.

GGG will never admit it, but a quick search of the common botting forums will show you evidence that GGG has stealth nerfed drop rates in various areas due to botting. After that caused a massive outcry, they started stealth nerfing individual drop rates of the players accounts. Fact of the matter is, since major design principles are centered around the economy, we get affected heavily by RMT.
This game is a RMTer's wet dream, here's why.

1.) Gated content and layered RNG mechanics make many items nigh impossible to aquire for the average player. This creates demand.

2.) The game is free. This means that botter's are not burdened with purchasing accounts en mass, or having to buy new accounts to replace those that were banned. They are limited soley by their hardware, how many accounts they can run across multiple machines. Since there is no innitial investment other than the hardware, PoE will draw in botters from other games who already have this hardware.

3.) GGG is a small and inexperienced company based in New Zealand, which has rather strict employment laws regarding hiring out of the country. This makes them an easy target for botter's, as they simply do not have the resources to deal with them.

4.) Most serious players (no-lifer's) will be playing on hardcore leagues, if they RIP, then the gear they aquired moves to standard. Since they do not play in standard, it is only logical to assume that many of these players RMT their gear and use that money to buy gear for their new HC character, as this is the easiest and safest way to do cross league trading. There has been many documented cases of this happening, where someone dies with a high end item, and magicaly they find a spare of said item in their HC stash.

If someone truly thinks that RMT is not rampant in this game they are dillusional. The sheer number of RMT sites as well as places like D2jsp proves that it is. If there were no demand, if people were not buying RMT items, then there would be nobody selling them, and the botter's would move on to another game.
"
miljan wrote:
"

The economy is the most important aspect of this game. The developers have said so on multiple occasions, but even if they hadn't it is self evidently true. The game is built around building a character, killing monsters, gathering their drops, and trading what you don't need for the things that you do. The ability to trade for rare items and make new interesting / creative builds is what keeps the game going. If RMT starts to control a large portion of the wealth the subsequent inflation hurts all legit players.

Say you are willing to buy an Alpha's Howl for 3-4 ex but a person who has RMTed some exalts is willing to pay 5-6 ex. Guess what? Their use of RMT has directly effected your ability to get an Alpha's Howl at your expected price.

Where the hack did you get that its the most important aspect of the game? Everyone knows what is the most important aspect of this game or any other arpg game like diablo and that for sure is not trading.
Trading is one small additional option, it is not a core of games like this, and never can be. So if you want to play the game, you need actual to play it, to farm the game, if you think trading is the core element and are not having fun farming than you my man are playing a wrong game and should look for some trading simulation games.

I dont care if you can not buy some items, because the game is not about that. Farm for it, kill monster to get the item, if you dont have fun killing shit to get shit, than as I said you are probably not for games like this. RMT does not have any effect on you, or anyone else. You will not get worse drops in the game if RMT sell items or whatever someone else does in his game.

So again GGG should not waste time on things that are not that important for the game, and will not have that big effect on playing the game. And if people want to sell and buy things for really money let them do it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102/

Read that first line bro.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
"
allbusiness wrote:

GGG will never admit it, but a quick search of the common botting forums will show you evidence that GGG has stealth nerfed drop rates in various areas due to botting. After that caused a massive outcry, they started stealth nerfing individual drop rates of the players accounts. Fact of the matter is, since major design principles are centered around the economy, we get affected heavily by RMT.

This sounds interesting, which various areas are these and by how much did they stealth nerf drop rates there? And how does it affect me when botter accounts get their drop rates lowered to basically zero? Isn't that actually a good thing?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 18, 2014, 11:25:48 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

This sounds interesting, which various areas are these and by how much did they stealth nerf drop rates there? And how does it affect me when botter accounts get their drop rates lowered to basically zero? Isn't that actually a good thing?

Problem is they don't do it by IP, and even if they did you can circumvent that a multitude of ways. HW ID bans is the best way to do it, but Chris seems abit too forgiving, so he mainly just bans accounts. The damage is already done by the time the botters are caught half the time though.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out GGG runs an RMT site of their own

After all, why wouldn't they?
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
"
"
miljan wrote:

Where the hack did you get that its the most important aspect of the game? Everyone knows what is the most important aspect of this game or any other arpg game like diablo and that for sure is not trading.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102/

Read that first line bro.

Thanks for finding that post! I wasn't going to bother correcting him further, I am too lazy to go find links for people when the subject matter should be common knowledge.

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

I have heard this claim multiple times and it is interesting if true. But if it is true I want to see some actual evidence.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info