Worried about RMT

"
Xavderion wrote:
Heh, so no evidence of course :) Good.

Considering that posting direct evidence of this on the forums would be a violation of the forum rules, you're trolling pretty hard.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

I have heard this claim multiple times and it is interesting if true. But if it is true I want to see some actual evidence.

Sadly evidence is never delivered :) The only nerf that happened due to botters is the removal of large chests. Also some currency can only drop after level 12 of so. Especially the latter change doesn't really affect the legit player.

As stated in the other thread about the RMT mirrored wand the official word about the removal of large chests was that they served the same purpose as the new corrupted zones, and so they were redundant.

Saying they were removed due to botters is just more speculation.

EDIT: Also we seem to be of the same mind that there is no evidence that drop rates have been nerfed. I don't know why other people want to use the existence of bots as evidence drop rates are down. The only thing the former does is increase inflation.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jul 21, 2014, 12:24:03 AM
anyone denying RMT is the primary way of getting 'good' at this game is blind (the other way is to ruthlessly exploit people goind for 'challenges' - that also are in most cases RMT activities)

anyone claiming that ggg tries to remove rmters from ladders is lying

rmt is so strong in this game than more and more frequently i think that it is there by design. so many decisions that SUPPORT rmt directly (ethernals, OP as F.. uniques, legacies) cannot be all 'mistakes' and 'accidents'

and about 'evidence' - funny stuff is that when you post about person A being a rmt'er with links to their jsp page it is YOU that gets probated (for disturbing the tranquility of this rmt-free game)
"
cgexile wrote:
You know what's worse than RMT?

Gated RNG. The casual player can't compete and find anything because farm houses that feed the RMT shops find it first, which also leads casual players to RMT since that truly becomes the only viable way to get anything good.

There is a pretty solid base of players here that believe GGG tries to control the economy via controlled drops with no true RNG. If that is really happening well then it plays right in to the RMT/farm house well oiled machine.

They denied this to be the case but there is overwhelming - anecdotal - evidence to suggest otherwise.

This. +1
"
allbusiness wrote:

Heh, I'm just gonna close my eyes to the shit that's going on and pretend it's not happening when in reality it's happening en masse.

Put two and two together. The most important aspect of the game to GGG is the economy. GGG is incapable of dealing with botters just because of the sheer number of them (Chris Wilson hand bans literally hundreds of bot accounts a day, and likely hundreds to thousands more go undetected). There is no feasible way to stop the influx of currency that they can repeatedly produce and launder off onto legitimate players (you cannot possibly penalize the legit players for taking currency from them).

The only other option is to reduce the drop rates, particularly on higher level orbs such as Eternals, Exalts, Divines, and to a certain extent Chaos Orbs. Earlier prior to release, botters were getting something like close to 10-12 exalts (estimated amount of currency) for a 24 hour run on Merciless Docks/Felshrine/etc.

After release (as in no more open beta), that dropped to something like 6-8 exalts, which equates to like 1 exalt per 3/4 hours or some shit like that. Those are rates from botters themselves, it's all over their forums, both public and private if you actually bothered to look it up. The rates on orbs had to be dropped, otherwise you would have botters just massacring the already shit economy. Did you not notice that within a few weeks of Ambush, people had BiS gear, tons of currency was floating around, and that people were starting to trade with Eteranls instead of Exalts? Guess what, that had nothing to do with the loot boxes.

Interesting what goes for evidence nowadays. Almost halving the drop rates (that's what you are implying in your post) would've been noticed by pretty much everyone, yet I've never seen someone complain about that. It's rather the opposite, people feel like there's more currency drops now due to (e.g. arcanist) strongboxes...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
sidtherat wrote:
anyone denying RMT is the primary way of getting 'good' at this game is blind (the other way is to ruthlessly exploit people goind for 'challenges' - that also are in most cases RMT activities)

anyone claiming that ggg tries to remove rmters from ladders is lying

rmt is so strong in this game than more and more frequently i think that it is there by design. so many decisions that SUPPORT rmt directly (ethernals, OP as F.. uniques, legacies) cannot be all 'mistakes' and 'accidents'

and about 'evidence' - funny stuff is that when you post about person A being a rmt'er with links to their jsp page it is YOU that gets probated (for disturbing the tranquility of this rmt-free game)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Xavderion, you either dont play the game or are just talking out of your head about the drop rates. I havent seen ANYONE saying that the drop rates of lesser orbs are optimized. I personally yet have to see Eternal orb drop after 1500 hours of playing - i never played any game for so long and i still didnt even see it drop. Id say that currency drops arent fair to normal players.
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
Shade444 wrote:
Xavderion, you either dont play the game or are just talking out of your head about the drop rates. I havent seen ANYONE saying that the drop rates of lesser orbs are optimized. I personally yet have to see Eternal orb drop after 1500 hours of playing - i never played any game for so long and i still didnt even see it drop. Id say that currency drops arent fair to normal players.

You've never played Diablo 2 than. Divines and Exalts drop about as frequently as Mal/Ist/Gul runes and Eternals and Mirrors drop as frequently as high runes.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Shade444 wrote:

You've never played Diablo 2 than. Divines and Exalts drop about as frequently as Mal/Ist/Gul runes and Eternals and Mirrors drop as frequently as high runes.

Except certain bosses had -WAY- higher drop rates when it came to runes *Confirmed*
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Shade444 wrote:

I wasn't talking about 'optimized' or fair drop rates, I was talking about GGG allegedly almost halving drop rates at some point, which never happened. A little more reading comprehension pls.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info