GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
CCR5 wrote:

chaos recipe is slow because amys don't drop
alching amys gives less alchs

What I did was stockpile an entire tab of amulets, and also rings before I'd even start knocking out chaos recipes. And then I'd knock out a crapload of recipes in a few hours. It makes the process a little smoother. Less micro managing, and having to decide which rares you want to ID, or vendor un-ID for 2 chaos. Farm, ID all rares that aren't amulets/rings, stash those. Vendor the ID'd rares for alts. When full tab of rings/amulets then start doing un-ID'd vendor combos. The odds of getting a decent rare - worth 10 chaos or more is very, very unlikely. Probably 1 in 1500-2000. Rares worth 1ex or more are probably 1 in 5000. With odds like that you're statistically better off vendoring un-ID'd combos for 2 chaos. And its not like you NEVER ID rares, you just don't ID some of them.

Oh the 2 chaos recipe is of course worth it if you trade.
That's what's stupid about it.

If you are self found, though, you'd be crazyindacoconut to ever let a ring or ammy of any base above lvl 60 go UNID. And not just rings and ammys, either.

Also, if you are trying to roll maps, stock piling doesn't really work, alchs go as soon as they come, they are the first bottleneck. The only stockpiling would be because of crazy RNG (or is it weighted drops?). I've looted 64 rings before getting an ammy to hand in a recipe. Then other times I can be up to like 20 ammys before I find a ring.
Casually casual.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Find a large team running lower tier maps, usually without a buy in, and you can load up rings/amulets pretty quick.

in the end you're 2x more efficient because unid recipe not because something else
and excuse me i want to id _every_ ring and amy

this is game is largely about gear, remember?
unid recipe is another broken thing

it exists, so players could accumulate currency faster to engage into trading
well 61 pages still not an answer from GGG

i just they just dont seem to really care anymore sence everyone is fastly quitting the game
"
lolbam wrote:

i just they just dont seem to really care anymore sence everyone is fastly quitting the game

The answer has been posted on page 3 ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you gate ARPG content solely by 'ability', you have to make it piss easy because skeelz don't matter that much in an ARPG. D2 was exactly like that. I prefer PoE's approach to difficulty, a mix of both skill and gear based gating. Else gear doesn't really matter that much and that would be boring.

PoE's approach is currency gate, you daft bugger ;)

By ability I was referring to both player ability as in skill and character ability as in gear.
In other words not gated by currency. One could even call it gated only by stupidity (or not) to punch above your weight.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 29, 2014, 8:16:11 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you gate ARPG content solely by 'ability', you have to make it piss easy because skeelz don't matter that much in an ARPG. D2 was exactly like that. I prefer PoE's approach to difficulty, a mix of both skill and gear based gating. Else gear doesn't really matter that much and that would be boring.

By ability I was referring to both player ability as in skill and character ability as in gear.
In other words not gated by currency.

Ah I see. But farming gear in a SFL would be gated by RNG, or ultimately by time invested in grinding. The same goes for the current leagues, it comes down to how much time you invest. So again, tell me the difference between grinding currency to buy stuff and grinding stuff? There is no real difference (you grind). Everything is gated by time investment.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it’s important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

thats not reasoning thats just plan ignorance
Last edited by erteryery on Apr 29, 2014, 8:16:42 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
So again, tell me the difference between grinding currency to buy stuff and grinding stuff? There is no real difference (you grind). Everything is gated by time investment.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
See that's the difference between dress a doll gamer and progression gamer.

I don't want to be guaranteed an item, and in no way do I want to just buy it.

I want to find it, maybe, eventually, but I want to be only gated from content by my own ability to do it. That ability which comes, slowly, from finding gear. If that item itself is keeping me from advancing, I'm still banging at the hardest content I can without it, if I want.

I never feel entitled to gear, only to content and crafting access and that that gear is actually there for me to find or craft.
Casually casual.

"
erteryery wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it’s important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

thats not reasoning thats just plan ignorance

It's a great reason. I don't see myself making another e shield character, but if a Shavs dropped or 800+ ES chest drops with the current system I am happy. In a SFL I wouldn't give a shit. Same with Auxium, Crown of Eyes and others.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

GGG's ideological delusions have been posted on page 3*.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info