GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

The only good argument I see for SFL is to get these posers who claim to play self-found but really don't out of our discussions. Drop rates shouldn't be brought into it. In fact, the game shouldn't be adapted to our playstyle at all. But it sure would be nice not to have to call some guy decked out in gear you know he traded for a liar.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The only good argument I see for SFL is to get these posers who claim to play self-found but really don't out of our discussions. Drop rates shouldn't be brought into it. In fact, the game shouldn't be adapted to our playstyle at all. But it sure would be nice not to have to call some guy decked out in gear you know he traded for a liar.

Wholly disagree. Drop rates are balanced around an economy as it is now. It doesn't make sense to use economy parameters for a SFL. The game has ALREADY been adapted to the playstyle of permanent loot allocation players, despite GGG's preference for loot tension, short/no allocation. its' been adapted for those asking for determinist "crafting" with masters. It's even been adapted for PvP with different skill balances from PvE.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Wholly disagree. Drop rates are balanced around an economy as it is now. It doesn't make sense to use economy parameters for a SFL. The game has ALREADY been adapted to the playstyle of permanent loot allocation players, despite GGG's preference for loot tension, short/no allocation. its' been adapted for those asking for determinist "crafting" with masters. It's even been adapted for PvP with different skill balances from PvE.

I have to disagree with your disagreement.

Last league I solo self found my way to an Atziri kill.

I dont mean self found (player), either. I mean self found (character). Every skill, every support, every piece of gear, every map run, every bit of currency used was found, vendored or master crafted with the character that used it.

Given that I am very much an 'average' player skillwise, I can conclude:

Drop Rates are fine.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
bredin wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I dont mean self found (player), either. I mean self found (character). Every skill, every support, every piece of gear, every map run, every bit of currency used was found, vendored or master crafted with the character that used it.

Drop Rates are fine.

B.

That's rediculous, it's also been proven you can level up and beat Merci Dom in only blues, so we don't need rare and unique drops? Of course not. An exceptional example of a few players accomplishing what the majority don't, doesn't mean the majority now has to hold to the standard of those few players.

By that token, we can take trading out the current leagues bc you didn't need it to down Atziri.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Still no need for an SFL, just give the people some SF ladders if they really want to compete against each other.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 9, 2015, 4:43:04 AM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
bredin wrote:

Drop Rates are fine.

B.

That's rediculous, it's also been proven you can level up and beat Merci Dom in only blues, so we don't need rare and unique drops? Of course not. An exceptional example of a few players accomplishing what the majority don't, doesn't mean the majority now has to hold to the standard of those few players.

By that token, we can take trading out the current leagues bc you didn't need it to down Atziri.

Nice Strawman.

It seems you are trying to say that a not-particularly-exceptional player did something you consider exceptional, and thus the standard should be lowered for some reason?

It also looks to me like you're confusing "need" with "want."

B.

edit: its a strawman because youve defined such success as 'exceptional' and then deconstructed your definition, rather than my result.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Last edited by bredin on Jan 9, 2015, 7:44:52 AM
The game wouldn't be more fun with a higher drop rate... you'd simply get used to that rate and you'd be back complaining about it in a month. There's a reason people complain about drop rates in every single ARPG. They don't understand what they're doing. Drop rates aren't what makes the game easy or hard.

People who are asking for increased drop rates are simply asking for the game to be made easier. Many SP/SFers don't want that.
Solo/SF and Torment does not go well... way too much loot... really, if i use my Andvarius for one night, then i have to collect wisdoms for the next one... :D

If these spirits end up in the core, i wish that strongboxes gets removed, leave only gem/potion/mapboxes.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
Solo/SF and Torment does not go well... way too much loot... really, if i use my Andvarius for one night, then i have to collect wisdoms for the next one... :D

If these spirits end up in the core, i wish that strongboxes gets removed, leave only gem/potion/mapboxes.

Or add torment mod to maps.
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

I didn't think they were much different then boxes myself
Its like a moving strongbox

In the end we end up with x2 the amount of strongboxes and i think that would be good since vaal areas/strongboxes do not show up that much at least for me and when they do its mostly junk in them that i don't pick up anyways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info