GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
PyleWarlord wrote:
Solo/SF and Torment does not go well... way too much loot... really, if i use my Andvarius for one night, then i have to collect wisdoms for the next one... :D

If these spirits end up in the core, i wish that strongboxes gets removed, leave only gem/potion/mapboxes.

For the first time since CB, the early promos for the map system are true: that of only having 6 portals to loot maps with and having to decide which stuff to loot. All it takes is 50IIQ, Zana and 3-4 spirits with 1 or 2 of them properly herded and 6 portals isnt enough.

While we can expect to see the spawnrate of spirits get reduced (just like boxes and corrupted zones) when they are rolled into the core game, this looks like the first couple of steps in removing or at least lessening the MF balance problems; we can expect a slight nerf in IIQ in the future probably similar to the IIR reductions on uniques.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
 I also agree that just increasing gear drop rates or quality is not the answer anymore. I used to hate the endless white trash loot drops between a good item. Now after 2+ years of medium playing I'm not thinking that just upping the IIR or IIQ is a good thing. We'd just end up with more trash and more low level uniques.

First and foremost after act 4 is pushed out GGG has got to devote some serious brain power and human resources to work on desync. Also high on their "to do" list should be overhauling item progression. It's great playing a new build through Normal and Cruel as there are plenty of drops that provide a better piece of gear than that currently being used so there's no problem. Then about level 50 the better gear stops coming. I expect (as in every arpg) the higher a build gets that fewer and fewer better gear will drop but in PoE this is almost like running into a brick wall. Item progression has to extend up to level 68 (the average level that Merciless Dominus is killed and we're done with the main play). Right now GGG has better gear dropping off at around 50 which is way too low. Yes, that makes Merciless playing harder but it feels like an artificially forced on us difficulty instead of continuing to receive higher quality drops to keep item progression going and then have us encounter tougher monsters to balance everything out.

Finally, for me a huge failing in PoE is that of crafting and gambling. Let me state up front that I never ever want a rain of great gear (I quit TL2 for that reason). But horror stories like this one (2803 fusings in torment and no 6link ???) is just way wrong and insane and just plain bad RNG methodology to crafting and is driving (has driven) out millions of players (probably only takes a backseat to desync deaths as the reason players have quit). The crafting orbs of importance (Fusing, Alch, Chaos, Regal, etc.) are largely non-existant (way too low of drop rates) to be usable in any meaningful and fun way. You should note that Jewellers is not included. Oddly (and thankfully), the 6S recipe for 7 jewellers is providing enough of them to satisfy me. Heres my current Torment loot:

You can see that the recipes are great for Blacksmiths, Armourers, Chromes, etc., even the 6S for 7 Jewellers recipe is working well for my level 71 archer. What's missing are good, easily doable alch, scouring, fusing, chance, regal, and exalt. The Chance orb is a weird example of a gambling orb that on paper looks good but in practice fails as the RNG is such that I would need to use 1000 on average (from what I have read posted here) to get a unique from it. Since I have acquired only 42 in my solo play there is zero incentive to use any as I will easily burn through them all and get nothing. I also would need to scour the item to re-chance it so I twice lose. GGG is certainly not providing us with a workable gambling orb and there is no fun here (2 thumbs down). That really, really needs to change soon to rekindle our gambling desires but right now it's a big fail. It also brings to question just what the senior GGG devs are thinking in terms of gambling and why they have neglected to make any radical and seriously needed changes (either higher drop rates or an easy to do recipe) so that we have sufficient quantities of chances/scours and can happily use them.

So an SFL league is definitely not needed and GGG is never going to add a completely new separate league anyway. Our solo playing without trading is mostly about the crafting orbs and recipes we have to be able to acquire enough quantity of crafting orbs in < 3 months to be able to craft without slaving 24/7. Then we need better ways to craft without needing a stash tab full of fusings (or whatever orb being used) to successfully craft better gear. So GGG needs more and better ways to amass crafting orbs (I like some of the 5S gear suggestions for getting fusings for example) so that we can do our own crafting without the need to have to use the 3rd party trading sites and taking time away from our primary reason for playing PoE, to travel the land of Wraeclast and bash a gazillion monsters.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
So I guess GGG lied about paid leagues then.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:

Nice how you twist things around. Also, people gotta stop necroing threads.
Hi all,

I have played self found for just over 3 years now and I too think that a specific league is completely not needed.

I don't just play self found though, I never trade or party EVER, I also don't research builds or patch notes as I like to make up my own mind and have plenty of nice supprises ^^

True I have only reached a lifetime highest level of 85 but for me its the funnest way of playing...hence I am soooooooo longing for Act 4!!!!!

The only reason you would implement a self found league is to monitor standings within a certain gameplay style group which imo is a waste of resorces etc especially as all they would need to do is compile analytics on player interaction which im sure they could quite simply write a programme for.

What I do do however is have streams of poe through twitch.tv playing in the background as im playing, they provide lots of great and inspiring ideas and mechanics I didn't know about before, not only that but they help GGG have more of a presence than I could give them with my "spamming lol tournaments" adverts, for which I am really greatful for, so big up's to all of the streamer peeps.

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Hi all,

I have played self found for just over 3 years now and I too think that a specific league is completely not needed.

I don't just play self found though, I never trade or party EVER, I also don't research builds or patch notes as I like to make up my own mind and have plenty of nice supprises ^^

True I have only reached a lifetime highest level of 85 but for me its the funnest way of playing...hence I am soooooooo longing for Act 4!!!!!

The only reason you would implement a self found league is to monitor standings within a certain gameplay style group which imo is a waste of resorces etc especially as all they would need to do is compile analytics on player interaction which im sure they could quite simply write a programme for.

What I do do however is have streams of poe through twitch.tv playing in the background as im playing, they provide lots of great and inspiring ideas and mechanics I didn't know about before, not only that but they help GGG have more of a presence than I could give them with my "spamming lol tournaments" adverts, for which I am really greatful for, so big up's to all of the streamer peeps.

GG GGG

Spoken like a true prodigy. Here, have a few cookies. :)
"
iamstryker wrote:

Soon ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Soon ;)

I was wondering when GGG was going to have to supplement the MTX financial model and ask for money up front to play some parts of PoE. The problem is and always has been the fact that the high levels of desync always makes PoE feel like it's still a beta version and is unfinished. No matter how many acts GGG grinds out if this much desync is still in PoE and it never is minimized then it just feels wrong for GGG to want us to pay for specific new game features. Sorry GGG but you shouldn't keep ignoring the elephant (aka desync) in the room and as of patch 1.3 the elephant is now sitting on us with most builds that involve fast moving.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
"
iamstryker wrote:

Nice how you twist things around. Also, people gotta stop necroing threads.

What exactly did I twist? I didn't necro the thread, don't complain at me ;)
Standard Forever
wow they made it

thanks mom

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info