GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
It's a great reason. I don't see myself making another e shield character, but if a Shavs dropped or 800+ ES chest drops with the current system I am happy. In a SFL I wouldn't give a shit. Same with Auxium, Crown of Eyes and others.

Maybe play WoW then? That's the game where you can grind to 90 to then run around aimlessly.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
It's a great reason. I don't see myself making another e shield character, but if a Shavs dropped or 800+ ES chest drops with the current system I am happy. In a SFL I wouldn't give a shit. Same with Auxium, Crown of Eyes and others.

Maybe play WoW then? That's the game where you can grind to 90 to then run around aimlessly.

Nah, this game suits most my desires. I have no issue trading a Shavs for something I might use.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
So again, tell me the difference between grinding currency to buy stuff and grinding stuff? There is no real difference (you grind). Everything is gated by time investment.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
See that's the difference between dress a doll gamer and progression gamer.

I don't want to be guaranteed an item, and in no way do I want to just buy it.

I want to find it, maybe, eventually, but I want to be only gated from content by my own ability to do it. That ability which comes, slowly, from finding gear. If that item itself is keeping me from advancing, I'm still banging at the hardest content I can without it, if I want.

I never feel entitled to gear, only to content and crafting access and that that gear is actually there for me to find or craft.

Okay, so you want your gear to not be guaranteed? That's the only difference? You can have that in the current leagues, simply don't trade.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
...Okay, so you want your gear to not be guaranteed? That's the only difference? You can have that in the current leagues, simply don't trade....

In which current league any SF-Player would climb high in ranking?

You see, there was a guy some pages before which wrote and write against a SFL.

And here is an interesting post from him in another Thread:

"
Then this is a great opportunity for you. Farm them yourself, and charge more reasonable prices. Your loot will sell and theirs won't. You'll be rich in no time.

And exactly that is the reason why people are against a selffound-league.
Because they know the would mess off completely without trading.
There are three possibly Reasons for that:

- They are simply not good enough
- the are impatient
- they need the bucks they earn with RMT

In my opinion there are no other reasons.
Last edited by free_at_last on Apr 29, 2014, 9:13:56 PM

Okay, so you want your gear to not be guaranteed? That's the only difference? You can have that in the current leagues, simply don't trade.[/quote]

------------------------------------------

Trading has little to do with why players want a SFL. Why are you focused on it?

We want a Legit league(no outside influence) with Legit parties(not rich real life folks) for the millionth time. The ''do it yourself'' part is just a pride bonus. Also, there is no ladder support(rankings) for ''do it yourself'' players. We would like that too!

Okay, I can understand that people want a seperate ladder, I support that. But then you just need the ladder, you don't need GGG to rebalance the whole game. And yet some people are saying they only want a SFL with a substantially increased drop rate and so on. That's what I don't support.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
free_at_last wrote:

And exactly that is the reason why people are against a selffound-league.
Because they know the would mess off completely without trading.
There are three possibly Reasons for that:

- They are simply not good enough
- the are impatient
- they need the bucks they earn with RMT

In my opinion there are no other reasons.

No, the reason is that the game isn't balanced around self-found. There's nothing more difficult about a self-found playstyle when the game is balanced around it (see RoS).
"
Xavderion wrote:
Okay, I can understand that people want a seperate ladder, I support that. But then you just need the ladder, you don't need GGG to rebalance the whole game. And yet some people are saying they only want a SFL with a substantially increased drop rate and so on. That's what I don't support.

Yeah, that part is annoying to me. If everyone would quit asking for extras, all GGG would have to do is open a new realm and maybe boost capacity if needed and code items to bind.

63 pages in 4 days. It would be nice if GGG would at least join the conversation.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Apr 29, 2014, 9:23:59 PM
"
63 pages in 4 days. It would be nice if GGG would at least join the conversation.

SFL proponents wouldn't like it if they did. It would probably be a lose-lose for GGG to simply reiterate their position again in this thread.
"
Xavderion wrote:
No, the reason is that the game isn't balanced around self-found. There's nothing more difficult about a self-found playstyle when the game is balanced around it (see RoS).

That´s right. In my opinion at this moment the game is balanced around RMT.

And i know, there are some people who want more/better loot for a SFL.
That´s not necessary (again my opinion).
You see there is some really rare currency. My last Exalted is nearby a year away now, never got a Mirror. But that´s ok for me.
But what i don´t like are these guys which rush into a game, buy there stuff via RMT and think they are "basic players". They are just that kind of player which suck the game dry and move on leaving a bloodless game behind them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info