GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
TheAnuhart wrote:






"The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players."

The reason items feel so amazing to loot and collect for me, is because they have value to me, to my characters, to future possible builds. Never, ever does an item imply value in 'gold' from someone else. What Chris says here is true for him, for some players, but not for all. I was amazed at his generalisation and exclusion.




Was a sad statement to read for myself to be sure.Not the first of its kind by Chris however.

Much to be expected though.

It's apparent Chris' ARPG time in D2 was greatly spent in the D2 trade bubble.It does make me question certain devs love for ARPGs of the past (that they've confessed to) because of this statement,as D2 was the only ARPG that remotely had a trade mentality attached (albeit small).

Anywho,we should still be thankfull for peek into their world of playing ARPGs.


=)

Last edited by Temper on April 25, 2014 9:45 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
"
CCR5 wrote:

developers praising wonderful economy and saying that AH with buyouts will make trading super efficient, so could you please guys trade but please do not trade


One of the weird self-contradictions of PoE. Some others are:

- Why put so much emphasis on currency sinks (gambling gear and map mods) when the vast majority of players prefer the 4-month leagues and will get it all wiped anyway?

- Why put so much thought in the passive tree, skillgems and build diversity and then put up huge drop-related obstacles shoehorning people into concentrating on one sole build? Especially since the vast majority are playing 4-month leagues and will get it all wiped anyway?

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

The reason items feel so amazing to loot and collect for me, is because they have value to me, to my characters, to future possible builds. Never, ever does an item imply value in 'gold' from someone else. What Chris says here is true for him, for some players, but not for all. I was amazed at his generalisation and exclusion.


Exactly my thoughts. It sort of broke my heart and my faith in GGG hearing that from Chris.


You know its not wiped after 4 month, you can play SC/HC you know.

Calling them dumpster leagues doesnt make it so, its like calling a small dick a big dick, doesnt mean its true no matter how many times you say it.

Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief, were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore.
Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence.
SF player here.

I'm quite content to play in the normal leagues (I always play the 4mth leagues) as a self-imposed-SF-player. Would a SFL league be nice? Sure... but I don't think it warrants the time or money that GGG would need to invest to pull it off and maintain it.

Eventually, I'm hoping the paid leagues will emerge and thats when SF players can follow up on their desire to have a SFL.

Also, let it be known that increasing droprates for SF players was something brought forward by a minority of players. Please stop treating this as an overwhelming reason to oppose SF in various ways. It wouldnt happen anyway, and shouldnt happen. A couple of people mentioned it and everyone jumps all over it :(
In reality, there is a very small percent of SF players who aren't happy with drops etc.

GGG have said they don't want to do a SFL. Lets respect their decision.
Once you start optimising gear through trading, don't expect to find your own gear.

Just for try for see and for know.
"
Temper wrote:
Was a sad statement to read for myself to be sure.Not the first of its kind by Chris however.

Much to be expected though.

It's apparent Chris' ARPG time in D2 was greatly spent in the D2 trade bubble.It does make me question certain devs love for ARPGs of the past (that they've confessed to) because of this statement,as D2 was the only ARPG that remotely had a trade mentality attached (albeit small).

Anywho,we should still be thankfull for peek into their world of playing ARPGs.


=)



This is why I always say PoE is the spiritual successor of D2jsp, not D2.
Playing extremely inefficiently for an obscene amount of time is NOT an achievement, it is a play-style. Please don't try to make it such, only to then attempt to discredit me.
Anu's Self Found Gang http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/950155
http://www.twitch.tv/theanuhart
Last edited by TheAnuhart on April 25, 2014 9:49 AM
"
DirkAustin wrote:


You know its not wiped after 4 month, you can play SC/HC you know.

Calling them dumpster leagues doesnt make it so, its like calling a small dick a big dick, doesnt mean its true no matter how many times you say it.



Yes, I know. I wonder if over the years more and more people will just stick to their parent leagues once their temp leagues' time runs out, not wanting to bother anymore with the trade hamster wheel.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
DirkAustin wrote:


You know its not wiped after 4 month, you can play SC/HC you know.

Calling them dumpster leagues doesnt make it so, its like calling a small dick a big dick, doesnt mean its true no matter how many times you say it.



Yes, I know. I wonder if over the years more and more people will just stick to their parent leagues once their temp leagues' time runs out, not wanting to bother anymore with the trade hamster wheel.


Its about having fun and in GD there are too many threads like these that make it clear people dont seem to have fun. Why play a game you dont find fun to play? If its not fun for me i dont play it or if i get bored a play something else for a while and come back.
Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief, were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore.
Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
Was a sad statement to read for myself to be sure.Not the first of its kind by Chris however.

Much to be expected though.

It's apparent Chris' ARPG time in D2 was greatly spent in the D2 trade bubble.It does make me question certain devs love for ARPGs of the past (that they've confessed to) because of this statement,as D2 was the only ARPG that remotely had a trade mentality attached (albeit small).

Anywho,we should still be thankfull for peek into their world of playing ARPGs.


=)



This is why I always say PoE is the spiritual successor of D2jsp, not D2.



holy... yah RMT in this game is bad but not as bad as it was in d2
"
The thing is that GGG doesn't want to increase drop rates


Don't include rng haters in player group who want a self found league please.
SFL is about no more " trading simulator " for more " hardcore arpg ".

Peace
"
"
CantripN wrote:
Chris thinks we don't need one to play SF. He sees no point.


Diablo 3 is now self found only and it's... fun?


It's more than just fun - it's a blast actually.

D3 turned me into a POE fanatic. Then I hit level 70 about 20-25 times on various characters and understood how RNG this game is.

Then D3:ROS turned me back into a D3 fanatic.

Hopefully GGG gets off their ass and understands exactly what ARPGs are meant to offer. That is - a fun experience with a non-RNG gated end game, where you actually feel progression with your 10 hours of time invested.
* GGG mods need to work to be more fair and equitable in the way they handle their forum moderation.
* There is a forum "hit list" if you are on that list, you will be probated no matter what.
* The only truly unbalanced GGG item right now is their forum moderation.
"
Temper wrote:

It's apparent Chris' ARPG time in D2 was greatly spent in the D2 trade bubble.It does make me question certain devs love for ARPGs of the past (that they've confessed to) because of this statement,as D2 was the only ARPG that remotely had a trade mentality attached (albeit small).


D2s trade mentality was a player driven thing, though. The game was designed as a solid solo experience, and it delivered. It offered a nice loot progression with target RNG, and it never expected you to have some piece of godly gear to keep going forward. Yet, if you did find some godly gear, you got to feel godly. It felt like breaking the game, and it was awesome.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info