GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
ignarsoll wrote:
SFL will only give players who prefer that play style an isolated happy place.
Isolated? Yeah. Happy? Nope. No problems solved = nothing to be happy about. Well, at least not happier.
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on June 31, 2017 0:61:72 PM
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2014 4:49:37 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
SFL will only give players who prefer that play style an isolated happy place.
Isolated? Yeah. Happy? Nope. No problems solved = nothing to be happy about.

Those who enjoy self-found play-style will be happy. Sorry that it won't fix what you deem as problems. SFL won't offer anything more than what current seperate Hardcore League can offer.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Apr 25, 2014 4:54:56 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
SFL will only give players who prefer that play style an isolated happy place.
Isolated? Yeah. Happy? Nope. No problems solved = nothing to be happy about.
Those who enjoy self-found play-style will be happy.
How? What's going to make them happier?
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on June 31, 2017 0:61:72 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
..
Isolated? Yeah. Happy? Nope. No problems solved = nothing to be happy about.
Those who enjoy self-found play-style will be happy.
How? What's going to make them happier?

I was also editing what I posted; why Hardcore players are happy that they can play in a seperate league?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
I have to agree with Scrotie on this.

The only things I can think of that would be of benefit would be inclusion of a SFL ladder for those who are competitive and/or the knowledge that if they party,that they themselves have roughly gear on par with team mates,making it somewhat satisfying that they are pulling their own weight.

Having said that,as a 100% solo self found player I've no interest in ladder rankings self found or otherwise,that's zero competitiveness and next to no interest in party play as it's set up currently.

I do believe however that POE can be made more enjoyable for everyone by further tweaking,that GGG have been slowly but surely working on.


=)

Last edited by Temper on Apr 25, 2014 5:09:21 AM
"
Completed 20 ChallengesSisaroth wrote:
I only play SF (i hate bartering) so i would like SFL.

And i don't want to use poe.xyz because using that while being anti-AH is just hypocrytic.


very much true

game relying on trading infinitely more that D3 have joke trade interface

developers praising wonderful economy and saying that AH with buyouts will make trading super efficient, so could you please guys trade but please do not trade

if you want to fuck up bulk of the game right now, simply DDoS poe.xyz and there will be pitchforks in NZ next day and this trading interface update will be rolled the day after
"
dessloc wrote:
Per Chris:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it’s important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/10/path-of-exile-interview-chris-wilson/2

Now feel free to ignore that the OP has been answered and carry on with the usual pro/anti SFL talking points.


"several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance"

This was pretty much the point that I could no longer take CW serious, lost all faith and trust.

The release hugely increased the viability of group play and decreased the viability of solo play. The aura reserve changes and the purity changes alone made a mockery of that interview.

"The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players."

The reason items feel so amazing to loot and collect for me, is because they have value to me, to my characters, to future possible builds. Never, ever does an item imply value in 'gold' from someone else. What Chris says here is true for him, for some players, but not for all. I was amazed at his generalisation and exclusion.

"We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can)"

Simply having mid-high map bosses drop an alch, a chaos and a chisel would have worked wonders.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 25, 2014 5:27:12 AM
"
CCR5 wrote:

developers praising wonderful economy and saying that AH with buyouts will make trading super efficient, so could you please guys trade but please do not trade


One of the weird self-contradictions of PoE. Some others are:

- Why put so much emphasis on currency sinks (gambling gear and map mods) when the vast majority of players prefer the 4-month leagues and will get it all wiped anyway?

- Why put so much thought in the passive tree, skillgems and build diversity and then put up huge drop-related obstacles shoehorning people into concentrating on one sole build? Especially since the vast majority are playing 4-month leagues and will get it all wiped anyway?

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

The reason items feel so amazing to loot and collect for me, is because they have value to me, to my characters, to future possible builds. Never, ever does an item imply value in 'gold' from someone else. What Chris says here is true for him, for some players, but not for all. I was amazed at his generalisation and exclusion.


Exactly my thoughts. It sort of broke my heart and my faith in GGG hearing that from Chris.
Last edited by Jojas on Apr 25, 2014 5:26:18 AM
"
dessloc wrote:
Per Chris:

"We feel that a really important part of playing an online ARPG is the ability to be able to trade the items that you find. The reason why they feel so amazing to loot and collect is because they have value to other players. Having a league where everything is soulbound is of no interest to us. We welcome players to play self-found if they’d like to (and are trying to make sure its balance is fair where we can – several of the changes in release address item acquisition and solo vs party balance), but it’s important that players can trade their items if they so choose."

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/10/path-of-exile-interview-chris-wilson/2

Now feel free to ignore that the OP has been answered and carry on with the usual pro/anti SFL talking points.


well thats the most stupidest thing i have ever heard

does chris even kno what a SFL is? when we do d2 progress walks if someone where to find a nice item they would just stick it in stash and make a new class around it ( and was able to do with offline d2 with pugy )

but anyways if you were playing and if you find amazing loot just make a new build out of it... would make the game 100X more fun for me at least
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
How? What's going to make them happier?


I'm sure you know better than them what would make them happier.

Spoiler
Sort of like how you knew that looting options wouldn't make people happier...
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info