GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
lolbam wrote:
just wanted to know why they would not make a SFL

for me at least if they had a SFL i would probly not take breaks from the game

just wanted to know what GGGs reasoning on not making one. or even a offline version of the game

They feel they wouldn't make money on it. That's the bottom line of any business decision.
because you can go self found anywhere. just turn off trade chat
"
Tom1989 wrote:

"you can go self found anywhere just turn off trade chat. ah and , yeah , we are balancing the drop rates around trading. because fuck you - thats why"

got it got it.
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"
Tom1989 wrote:

"you can go self found anywhere just turn off trade chat. ah and , yeah , we are balancing the drop rates around trading. because fuck you - thats why"

got it got it.

:D. can you make up a better reason? maybe the next four month league is SFL.
just wait a little longer. GGG is possibly getting there
Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 25, 2014, 11:46:09 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:

Sort of like how you knew that looting options wouldn't make people happier...

It did nothing but make the game much more casual for everyone. The players who liked FFA and SA dont get to play it because PA is easier - games that actually do use FFA setting are almost exclusivly people selling boss kills so they can take all the loot... alot of good that setting is!

Most of the close beta players will tell you the game was more fun before release... Strange how that corrisponds with the addition of loot options eh?

Also, public games suffer - there is no reason for strong players who are able to solo to host a public game except for charity. (and why we see so many of these kill boss for orbs games) With loot tension they had an incetive to join pubs because they could get more loot being the only ones who could stand in danger.

When I played D2 my friends and I would always make our games public, we got an advantage from having a full group. (with enough DPS kill speed was just as fast, but more loot and XP) When we do that in PoE we only get freeloaders who join and leave only to get quests completed, now we dont bother.

IMO the only decision that was worse then adding loot options was that cursed timer with names - if they just stuck with FFA loot (and maybe did somethign to even out advantages for low latency and thwart picket bots) the game would be in a much better place. Nobody would have even asked for options if that allocation timer arrangment was not so messed up.
We really do need a self found league, with increased drops.
maybe they're working on it, maybe it's on their list.
who knows.
"

The players who liked FFA and SA dont get to play it because PA is easier

Meh, I dunno. Seems like bollocks. If I recall, it gave melee, which generally didn't contribute too much back then, first dibs on loot. Wasn't easier. It was just a crappy system.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Last edited by b15h09 on Apr 25, 2014, 11:58:40 AM
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Hopefully GGG gets off their ass and understands exactly what ARPGs are meant to offer. That is - a fun experience with a non-RNG gated end game, where you actually feel progression with your 10 hours of time invested.

Maybe you should play World of Warcraft instead? (judging your WoW-speak)

The MMO that spawned a zombie legion that completely corrupted their rpg-vision.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/14/working-as-intended-endgame-is-the-worst-thing-that-ever-happen/
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

how would it ruin your game play? my only guess would be most of the people who quit the standard leagues and play SFL and enjoy the game more? then the RMT players couldent show off there 6l items?

You've got to remember that it will be harder for them to sell their crap for 2 chaos on XYZ. It's a disaster. Truly.

Yeah damn all these evil traders. Trading should be illegal, be it in games or in real life. Death penalty to anyone who trades anything.
"
Warhaul wrote:
We really do need a self found league, with increased drops.
maybe they're working on it, maybe it's on their list.
who knows.

Drop rates would have to be increased 10000000 fold to make up for no trading option. I dont think people understand that at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info