GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Apr 25, 2014, 1:44:18 PM
GGG runs RMT companies, their real source of income. They've created a desirable currency that they have complete control over, allowing them to print money at will all the while maintaining the facade that the game will never be pay to win. It's the perfect scam. You want to know why there is no SFL? The answer is right in front of your eyes.

#tinfoil
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Hopefully GGG gets off their ass and understands exactly what ARPGs are meant to offer. That is - a fun experience with a non-RNG gated end game, where you actually feel progression with your 10 hours of time invested.

Maybe you should play World of Warcraft instead? (judging your WoW-speak)

The MMO that spawned a zombie legion that completely corrupted their rpg-vision.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/14/working-as-intended-endgame-is-the-worst-thing-that-ever-happen/

Sorry that I expect some sort of longevity with my games... something that can keep going at max level - alternate advancement - end game - whatever title you need to put on that. What I don't accept as longevity in POE is RNGtastik bullocks that exists right now. RNG gated mapping. RNG gated Atr. RNG gated items to finish off character builds. RNG gated everything. Would I be happier in POE being able to progress 70 to 100 at a "normal" pace? Yup. Would I be happier in POE if I actually had a good chance (read: 200 hours of play to get one) of attaining a 6L item? Yup.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Hopefully GGG gets off their ass and understands exactly what ARPGs are meant to offer. That is - a fun experience with a non-RNG gated end game, where you actually feel progression with your 10 hours of time invested.

Maybe you should play World of Warcraft instead? (judging your WoW-speak)

The MMO that spawned a zombie legion that completely corrupted their rpg-vision.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/14/working-as-intended-endgame-is-the-worst-thing-that-ever-happen/

Sorry that I expect some sort of longevity with my games... something that can keep going at max level - alternate advancement - end game - whatever title you need to put on that. What I don't accept as longevity in POE is RNGtastik bullocks that exists right now. RNG gated mapping. RNG gated Atr. RNG gated items to finish off character builds. RNG gated everything. Would I be happier in POE being able to progress 70 to 100 at a "normal" pace? Yup. Would I be happier in POE if I actually had a good chance (read: 200 hours of play to get one) of attaining a 6L item? Yup.

200 hrs of gameplay easily nets your a 6l if you just trade what you find and then buy it with currency. Asking the devs to increase the drop rate so that you self-find 6links with the mods you want (because obviously you don't just want a 6l, you want it with good mods right?) is ridiculous.
"
lukeiy wrote:
GGG runs RMT companies, their real source of income. They've created a desirable currency that they have complete control over, allowing them to print money at will all the while maintaining the facade that the game will never be pay to win. It's the perfect scam. You want to know why there is no SFL? The answer is right in front of your eyes.

#tinfoil

Oh just like D3.
shit i have known people who put years and thousands of pit runs in there d2 runs

just a shame GGG cant make a offline version or SFL

i all so find it funny who people who dont want this... they salty and sound mad lol

and people who want a increase drop rates... my guess people who would play SFL wouldnt want that... they would rather just play for the RNG of the game
Last edited by lolbam on Apr 25, 2014, 1:32:58 PM
"
lolbam wrote:
shit i have known people who put years and thousands of pit runs in there d2 runs

just a shame GGG cant make a offline version or SFL

i all so find it funny who people who dont want this... they salty and sound mad lol

and people who want a increase drop rates... my guess people who would play SFL wouldnt want that... they would rather just play for the RNG of the game

For myself, I want GGG to phase out obsolete affixes on blues and rares. It's not the drop rate, but the usability of what drops where I find a problem. No more reflect 1 damage affixes on 68+ gear. Shavs and Kaoms can be as rare as a zod for all I care, just so long as they don't think they need to balance the game around em.

Also, targeted farming would be nice. The ability to grind a specific boss for a specific piece of gear is a good thing, to me. Especially if there were no trade. Farming Cruel Merveil for a better than avg chance at a Dream Frag? Yes please.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Cuz it's a fucking stupid idea? How to play self found: Don't trade. /thread
"
TaKtiCz wrote:
Cuz it's a fucking stupid idea? How to play self found: Don't trade. /thread

Yeah guys - wtf - when you die just delete your character - wtf you idiots don't need hardcore leagues!! /thread
Every SFL advocate is simply crying about increasing drop rates. Drop rates are fine. Rare shit should be rare. Just don't trade and there is your SFL. Now stop bitching about drop rates, or at least don't try to hide it behind this self found league bullshit.

My one question to every SFL advocate is: Would you be fine with a SFL that doesn't have increased drop rates? If you answered yes then GGG has already made your leagues...go play them!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info