GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
"
"
Warhaul wrote:
We really do need a self found league, with increased drops.
maybe they're working on it, maybe it's on their list.
who knows.

Drop rates would have to be increased 10000000 fold to make up for no trading option. I dont think people understand that at all.

In addition to this hyperbole, drops in a SFL need to be tailored to builds to be of any use to the SF player, in a game where ANY class can play ANY build and a majority of players dont even know what build they are aiming for, this would be impossible and thus renders a SFL in PoE pointless.

Uh... no. Just need to drop content appropriate gear. That change alone would give a massive increase in the chance of finding build appropriate gear without doing some stupid 'targeted drop' system. Stop dropping level appropriate mods on inappropriate base items, and level inappropriate mods on appropriate base items. Why the fuck do people find this concept so difficult? It's only been a part of every ARPG ever until the inception of D3 and PoE. You know, the two ARPGs designed around trade?
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
"

Drop rates would have to be increased 10000000 fold to make up for no trading option. I dont think people understand that at all.

In addition to this hyperbole, drops in a SFL need to be tailored to builds to be of any use to the SF player, in a game where ANY class can play ANY build and a majority of players dont even know what build they are aiming for, this would be impossible and thus renders a SFL in PoE pointless.

Uh... no. Just need to drop content appropriate gear. That change alone would give a massive increase in the chance of finding build appropriate gear without doing some stupid 'targeted drop' system. Stop dropping level appropriate mods on inappropriate base items, and level inappropriate mods on appropriate base items. Why the fuck do people find this concept so difficult? It's only been a part of every ARPG ever until the inception of D3 and PoE. You know, the two ARPGs designed around trade?

If GGG wants POE to be about trading then let them do it the way they want to. Why even stay here and beg for SFL when there are other games you people could be playing, or you know, just play SF as it is.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Much to be expected though.

It's apparent Chris' ARPG time in D2 was greatly spent in the D2 trade bubble.It does make me question certain devs love for ARPGs of the past (that they've confessed to) because of this statement,as D2 was the only ARPG that remotely had a trade mentality attached (albeit small).

Anywho,we should still be thankfull for peek into their world of playing ARPGs.

=)

This is why I always say PoE is the spiritual successor of D2jsp, not D2.

holy... yah RMT in this game is bad but not as bad as it was in d2

I almost added that every time I say this, people jump on the RMT or external currency thing with D2jsp. That is never what I'm getting at. [/quote]

well me personaly dont use d2jsp for PoE... d2jsp ruined d2 for me seeing how much of a monopoly the game was... dont even want to see how PoE and d2jsp work together would probly make me sick. but the d2 solo progress walk through thread is great.

if anyone enjoys PoE going to d2jsp would just ruin the game for themselfs
"

If GGG wants POE to be about trading then let them do it the way they want to. Why even stay here and beg for SFL when there are other games you people could be playing, or you know, just play SF as it is.

Cause the games good, even if it has some issues. SFL is just one of many ideas that would improve the experience. A real trade system for a game designed around trade is another. Actual crafting, as opposed to fucking Gheed orbs, is another. Getting Chris back into balancing I hope will be another.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"

Cause the games good, even if it has some issues. SFL is just one of many ideas that would improve the experience. A real trade system for a game designed around trade is another. Actual crafting, as opposed to fucking Gheed orbs, is another. Getting Chris back into balancing I hope will be another.

Strong overuse of the word "another".
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

Just give it five minutes of thought. If you still can't see what Isbox1 meant to say, well, then, it's pointless to keep discussing.

You can play SFL in any league because the economy won't impact you since you don't trade.

You can't play hardcore in a non-hardcore league because then you'd be forced to ask everyone you trade with "Hey dude I'd like to trade for one of your item but im a self-imposed hardcore player and only want to trade with other self-imposed hardcore player. Are you one of them?"

Get it now or do you want a drawing?
i realy love how ppl got anyoed by the fact that people are asking \ beging for SFL. you guys must be realy scared that your league becomes a dusk league after everyone switched to SFL.
"
PoorJoy wrote:
i realy love how ppl got anyoed by the fact that people are asking \ beging for SFL. you guys must be realy scared that your league becomes a dusk league after everyone switched to SFL.

It's annoying when people try to substantially change a game you like in its current state :) Has nothing to do with being scared though. If for some reason GGG decides to cave in and give us a SFL balanced around self-found play, I'll quit the game for good and find something else to do, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm positive though that this will never happen. Inb4 'but PA happened!', loot allocation has nothing to do with the core design of the game, so its change didn't bother me enough to quit the game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
PoorJoy wrote:

It's annoying when people try to substantially change a game you like in its current state :)

how is a sfl changing the game for you ? just dont play the league. its the same advice SF people hear all day long.
~e

and i dont want to talk about the fact that they promised custom\paid leagues in close beta. that was one huge reason why i bought a supporter pack.
Last edited by PoorJoy on Apr 25, 2014, 5:15:42 PM
"
PoorJoy wrote:

how is a sfl changing the game for you ? just dont play the league. its the same advice SF people hear all day long.
~e

The loot allocation changes changed the game for me quite a bit. Just don't play PA? Well good luck with that. People love Path of Least Resistance :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info