GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Temper wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
It's only a good thing that we get rid of the crybaby casuals. This game is about competition, teamwork and occasional luck. That's why it's so addicting, even though I've had a few month break now, but my fingers are itching already to get back on.

SFL will never happen and that's the best decision GGG can stick for. You casuals can cry, whine and whatever but it still won't happen :)
Hey look, your D3 expansion that was supposed to "blow PoE out of water" was just as crap, if not even worse, as we told it would be. So go play that now. Let the real hardcore ARPG gamers enjoy PoE.

Yes it would be good to get rid of the casual crybabys,but how do you stop players from trading besides a SFL. =P

The *real hardcore* ARPG gamers would need POE to actually be a *hardcore* ARPG before they could truly enjoy it as a *hardcore* ARPG.

=P

The grind is hardcore. In a game revolving around "grinding gear" I say that foots the bill. The game itself is not hard, abusing trade isn't hardcore, 1 shot mechanics aren't hardcore, desync isn't hardcore, but the MAIN PURPOSE of the game is.

Either way, SFL would still be a hardcore grind to find your own stuff or craft your own stuff and removing trade mechanic abuse.
"
mushioov wrote:
It's the mentality that counts, not hours used.

mentality is cheap
"
mushioov wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

The *real hardcore* ARPG gamers would need POE to actually be a *hardcore* ARPG before they could truly enjoy it as a *hardcore* ARPG.

=P

It is quite "hardcore" and "oldschool", but not if they start changing the fundamentals.
I've always said that it's a slippery slope. Once you give anything to the whinercrowd, they start demanding more and more and more... It is a fact that they will never be happy with what they got. That's why nothing should be given. GGG need to just follow their own vision and that's it.

yo they just want some legit competitive setting(i guess). even if you don't like the idea, how is that considered a whine?
"
mushioov wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=P

It is quite "hardcore" and "oldschool", but not if they start changing the fundamentals.
I've always said that it's a slippery slope. Once you give anything to the whinercrowd, they start demanding more and more and more... It is a fact that they will never be happy with what they got. That's why nothing should be given. GGG need to just follow their own vision and that's it.

Pretty foolish to be happy with everything in a game thats constantly being updated.

I guess I should just "be happy" with corrupted zones not being in maps. Screw trying to make the game better and more fun for the playerbase.

I guess I should just "be happy" with snapshotting. etc etc
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Apr 28, 2014, 7:23:10 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
I guess I should just "be happy" with corrupted zones not being in maps. Screw trying to make the game better and more fun for the playerbase.

you are trying to explain that sky is blue to a blind
"
mushioov wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=P

There's nothing *hardcore* about encouraging by design the dodging/bypassing of difficulty/progression/challenge/risk verse reward.There's also nothing particularly *old school* about trivializing content and then claiming it's *hardcore* gameplay. =)

The bolded sounds much like trading to me,but then again,I am just an *oldschool,hardcore,manmode,dead is dead* gamer for the last thirty odd years,perhaps the meaning of *hardcore* no longer applies as it once did. =P

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:
It's only a good thing that we get rid of the crybaby casuals. This game is about competition, teamwork and occasional luck. That's why it's so addicting, even though I've had a few month break now, but my fingers are itching already to get back on.

SFL will never happen and that's the best decision GGG can stick for. You casuals can cry, whine and whatever but it still won't happen :)
Hey look, your D3 expansion that was supposed to "blow PoE out of water" was just as crap, if not even worse, as we told it would be. So go play that now. Let the real hardcore ARPG gamers enjoy PoE.

Yes it would be good to get rid of the casual crybabys,but how do you stop players from trading besides a SFL. =P

=P

The grind is hardcore. In a game revolving around "grinding gear" I say that foots the bill. The game itself is not hard, abusing trade isn't hardcore, 1 shot mechanics aren't hardcore, desync isn't hardcore, but the MAIN PURPOSE of the game is.

Either way, SFL would still be a hardcore grind to find your own stuff or craft your own stuff and removing trade mechanic abuse.

Grinding trivial content to trade up for progression is hardcore ?

Hardcore in gaming terms has changed much from the past.I guess sadly I no longer fit the description or ideology of *hardcore* in this day and age.Oh well to bad.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 28, 2014, 7:28:59 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

Hardcore in gaming terms has changed much from the past.I guess sadly I no longer fit the description or ideology of *hardcore* in this day and age.Oh well to bad.

=)

I said that trading wasn't hardcore, but the continuous (endless) grind is.

Your perception of hardcore isn't wrong/right it is an opinion.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=)

I said that trading wasn't hardcore, but the continuous (endless) grind is.

Your perception of hardcore isn't wrong/right it is an opinion.

Ya you're right,it's just differing ideology of the term.

I don't find time to be hardcore,but find what's done in that time to be key.Time spent is merely a biproduct of enjoying the challenge,risk verse reward for myself.

I dunno,maybe I need to find a new *keyword* for what I enjoy .. *extreme* or something lol

Last edited by Temper on Apr 28, 2014, 7:48:35 AM
"
Temper wrote:

Ya you're right,it's just differing ideology of the term.

I don't find time to be hardcore,but find what's done in that time to be key.Time spent is merely a biproduct of enjoying the challenge,risk verse reward for myself.

I dunno,maybe I need to find a new *keyword* for what I enjoy .. *extreme* or something lol

I got it! "Invasion"

=D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info