GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"

Why even bother with this? GGG has to care about player numbers, not us.

If the player numbers go down too much and GGG has to shutdown (which wont happen) they just make the game offline and modable.

I am following this game since 2010 my friend.. Me and many other people saw huge potential in this game..but from closed beta, open beta and now..many players (who already left) were fighting with devs and arguing about different decisions..it became very clear that devs are making game for them..not for players..

For me it's sad example, how lucky GGG devs were...they got support, publicity, ARPG market was perfectly ready for PoE thanks to failed games like vanilla Diablo 3 and they could cut big share of market for them..in short..they were in fantastic position ..yet stubborn focus purely on hard-cord crowd and lack of willingness to listen to playerbase..well..they basically flushed opportunity they had and numbers are talking for themselves.

You are right..I don't care anymore..but if they wont change anything major in their approach, their plan to support and making content for 10 years will never become reality. But hopefully, they will at least learn something..

I agree, its the only reason I even came back to share an opinion. I was curious how the development of the game has progressed since I left, and I was considering coming back, until I actually read the patch notes.

4 big things I want:

Self found league
Put an emphasis on permanent leagues instead of the 3 month leagues.
Lot more stuff to do end game, more different ways to grind.
Stop creating legacy items. Either nerf them all or nerf none of them. I've been consistently opposed to the creation of "legacy" items in ANY game.

If they'd at work on a couple of those, I'd probably come back.

Besides, I'm busy playing other games atm like totally wrecking scrubs in Dark Souls 2.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 28, 2014, 4:37:04 AM
[Removed by Support]
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Apr 28, 2014, 5:34:03 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"

Why even bother with this? GGG has to care about player numbers, not us.

If the player numbers go down too much and GGG has to shutdown (which wont happen) they just make the game offline and modable.

I am following this game since 2010 my friend.. Me and many other people saw huge potential in this game..but from closed beta, open beta and now..many players (who already left) were fighting with devs and arguing about different decisions..it became very clear that devs are making game for them..not for players..

For me it's sad example, how lucky GGG devs were...they got support, publicity, ARPG market was perfectly ready for PoE thanks to failed games like vanilla Diablo 3 and they could cut big share of market for them..in short..they were in fantastic position ..yet stubborn focus purely on hard-cord crowd and lack of willingness to listen to playerbase..well..they basically flushed opportunity they had and numbers are talking for themselves.

You are right..I don't care anymore..but if they wont change anything major in their approach, their plan to support and making content for 10 years will never become reality. But hopefully, they will at least learn something..

I agree, its the only reason I even came back to share an opinion. I was curious how the development of the game has progressed since I left, and I was considering coming back, until I actually read the patch notes.

4 big things I want:

Self found league
Put an emphasis on permanent leagues instead of the 3 month leagues.
Lot more stuff to do end game, more different ways to grind.
Stop creating legacy items. Either nerf them all or nerf none of them. I've been consistently opposed to the creation of "legacy" items in ANY game.

If they'd at work on a couple of those, I'd probably come back.

Besides, I'm busy playing other games atm like totally wrecking scrubs in Dark Souls 2.

The 4 month leagues (not 3 month) are the ladder and a good reason to start new chars. I start them there and play them in standard or hardcore.
[Removed by Support]
ign: ecogen
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Apr 28, 2014, 5:34:26 AM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Apr 28, 2014, 5:34:52 AM
"
We are not supposed to hit 100 in a long time because of more acts. Once all acts are out it might become easier.

Are you saying the game is broken?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/812130
Casually casual.

Scrotie, you shouldn't harp on about difficulty and reward until you play a game that does it right. PoE is not it. Devote the time you would use to write another 1000 posts to Dark Souls and we'll be spared another of your contrite apologies a la desync, which are certainly more irritating than your usual overconfident antics. Remember, it took you thousands of posts to get that poe.xyz was not the problem after all. You are similarly off-base in your assessment of SFL advocates (and I don't even agree with them), but you'll need to see it for yourself.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Apr 28, 2014, 6:07:19 AM
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
Never gonna happen because it would require:
- a lot of work - orb drop chances are to low, there would have to be a vendor where you would be able to trade all orbs
- map drop rates would have to be changed, cause noone will be able to hit 100 for years
- a lot more recipes added
- a lot of time balancing the skills and classes
- gem vendor for skills
- since i think they are involved with RMT somehow i think they would "earn" less money without trading, but also i think A LOT of people would play this league so maybe they would compensate this through more MTX

those were cons

Pros would be:
- fair competition for those that like competition, and fair environment for those that dont
- no RMT which is rampant atm
- With increased orb drop rates and orb vendor CRAFTING would be in the game
- game would not be balanced around trading
- this league would be isolated, meaning no legacy items, also nothing would be dumped into this league

There are more reasons for both sides, but i just know something like this will never happen so i dont bother to think about it anymore, but i sure as hell like to think how awesome would be to play league like this. Also i would prefer it to be Solo SFL, since there wouldnt have to be balance around solo vs party play, but i wouldnt care to much about that.

Just imagine playing the game, compete with others by killing monsters, finding items, and for items you miss, you craft them....the more you play the better items you can craft and then compare your items with your friends and so on...also game would be hard so some skill would have to be involved....ahhh :)

Lets start with the second highlight - you "know SFL would never happen, so you don't bother thinking about it"? What kind of approach is that to things? You cannot take everything "as is" and never at least suggest changes. If everyone functioned like that we would still be stuck in pre-stone age. The point of this forum is to discuss things, no matter how abstract some might seem.

The first highlight. You based all the "cons" on three basic premises:
- drop rates are terrible
- skills and classes aren't balanced
- GGG is personally involved in RMT
The first one is only partially correct; the only thing that might need adjusting are crafting orbs, and this is simply because there is no trading. *This is because if you think about it, without an economy, exalted orbs become way less useful, especially compared to orbs like chaos - this is because with the current "crafting" system in place, you need hundreds to produce a really good item, and crafting just a good item can be done with far less effort with chaos/scour+alch/alt+regal. Point being, values of orbs would be rather different, depending on what they actually do when used.*
Skills and classes balance is never going to happen just for SFL, that's a global issue and should happen regardless of whether SFL is around or not.
GGG being personally involved in RMT is a really heavy statement. While we can all speculate whether that is true or not, without any solid proof that's all it is - speculation, and decisions and suggestions should not be made based on speculations. On the other hand, even if we based anything on the assumption that GGG is behind RMT, SFL is a separate league which would generate profits of its own, while the other leagues still generate RMT profit with no difference at all, so GGG still comes out in profit.

EDIT: added a line marked with *.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Apr 28, 2014, 6:52:59 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
The first one is only partially correct; the only thing that might need adjusting are crafting orbs, and this is simply because there is no trading.

the moment you start alching maps, you'll ran out of alchs
the moment you start chaosing maps, you'll ran out of chaos

if you are alching maps, you should forget about alching white bases

chisels got better with chisels 2.0 recipe, but dunno how much

stronkboxes in theory take care of map pool, but they are effectively map vendor which accepts chaos and alchs
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
The first one is only partially correct; the only thing that might need adjusting are crafting orbs, and this is simply because there is no trading.

the moment you start alching maps, you'll ran out of alchs
the moment you start chaosing maps, you'll ran out of chaos

if you are alching maps, you should forget about alching white bases

chisels got better with chisels 2.0 recipe, but dunno how much

stronkboxes in theory take care of map pool, but they are effectively map vendor which accepts chaos and alchs

This and what I edited into my post above. And I think you're right because of what I try to outline in the paragraph below.

Something to really consider especially talking about mapping in an SFL - how is it SFL if 5 players are joining 1 who crafted a map? I would say the default party system would need to either be removed or adjusted. The current party system is completely balanced around the ability to interact through trading, and aligned with that, mapping becomes manageable as costs are effectively split between the party members. If there are no changes considering partying, SFL becomes pointless, because it wouldn't be SFL anymore.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info