GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

Never gonna happen because it would require:
- a lot of work - orb drop chances are to low, there would have to be a vendor where you would be able to trade all orbs
- map drop rates would have to be changed, cause noone will be able to hit 100 for years
- a lot more recipes added
- a lot of time balancing the skills and classes
- gem vendor for skills
- since i think they are involved with RMT somehow i think they would "earn" less money without trading, but also i think A LOT of people would play this league so maybe they would compensate this through more MTX

those were cons

Pros would be:
- fair competition for those that like competition, and fair environment for those that dont
- no RMT which is rampant atm
- With increased orb drop rates and orb vendor CRAFTING would be in the game
- game would not be balanced around trading
- this league would be isolated, meaning no legacy items, also nothing would be dumped into this league

There are more reasons for both sides, but i just know something like this will never happen so i dont bother to think about it anymore, but i sure as hell like to think how awesome would be to play league like this. Also i would prefer it to be Solo SFL, since there wouldnt have to be balance around solo vs party play, but i wouldnt care to much about that.

Just imagine playing the game, compete with others by killing monsters, finding items, and for items you miss, you craft them....the more you play the better items you can craft and then compare your items with your friends and so on...also game would be hard so some skill would have to be involved....ahhh :)

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
Never gonna happen because it would require:
- a lot of work - orb drop chances are to low, there would have to be a vendor where you would be able to trade all orbs
- map drop rates would have to be changed, cause noone will be able to hit 100 for years
- a lot more recipes added
- a lot of time balancing the skills and classes
- gem vendor for skills
- since i think they are involved with RMT somehow i think they would "earn" less money without trading, but also i think A LOT of people would play this league so maybe they would compensate this through more MTX

those were cons

Pros would be:
- fair competition for those that like competition, and fair environment for those that dont
- no RMT which is rampant atm
- With increased orb drop rates and orb vendor CRAFTING would be in the game
- game would not be balanced around trading
- this league would be isolated, meaning no legacy items, also nothing would be dumped into this league

There are more reasons for both sides, but i just know something like this will never happen so i dont bother to think about it anymore, but i sure as hell like to think how awesome would be to play league like this. Also i would prefer it to be Solo SFL, since there wouldnt have to be balance around solo vs party play, but i wouldnt care to much about that.

Just imagine playing the game, compete with others by killing monsters, finding items, and for items you miss, you craft them....the more you play the better items you can craft and then compare your items with your friends and so on...also game would be hard so some skill would have to be involved....ahhh :)

We are not supposed to hit 100 in a long time because of more acts. Once all acts are out it might become easier.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
That's a great explanation for why people found out about PoE; it's a crappy explanation for why they stuck with it.

Stuck? do you understand that PoE has as many people as in the end of february? That peak after mini expansion release were much lower compared to peak after open beta or release? buddy..if anything..people do not stuck with this game..which is really really sad. Trend is set..and unless we will see some major changes, game will stay in the corner of the market with handful of players..that means no revenue and no progress.. I really hope I am wrong..but it is what it is for now..
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
That's a great explanation for why people found out about PoE; it's a crappy explanation for why they stuck with it.

Stuck? do you understand that PoE has as many people as in the end of february? That peak after mini expansion release were much lower compared to peak after open beta or release? buddy..if anything..people do not stuck with this game..which is really really sad. Trend is set..and unless we will see some major changes, game will stay in the corner of the market with handful of players..that means no revenue and no progress.. I really hope I am wrong..but it is what it is for now..

Why even bother with this? GGG has to care about player numbers, not us.

If the player numbers go down too much and GGG has to shutdown (which wont happen) they just make the game offline and modable.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
At the end of the day SFL will never ever make it into this game. It's pretty clear. It's their game and their way. I've said this in the past and I'm sure I'll say it again: I can't wait to see how this all pans out a year or two from now - and how these major decisions on ostracizing large chunks of possible clients is going to turn out for them. It's not just SFL but also any type of casual player. Only time will tell.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307

"Happy one year anniversary, thread! Interesting how little of these issues were touched upon in the last year, isn't it?

Here's what bothers me the most, off the top of my head:

• People can still stalk you just by adding your name to their list, against your will.
• Trading system is archaic at best for something so necessary to the game.
• Endgame consists only of a handful of maps to be repeated ad nauseum.
• There is no way to inspect someone else's gear without them linking items one by one.
• Items with microtransactions are not clearly marked and can be misplaced easily.
• Elemental status effects are not clearly advertised.
• Aura effects are not in line with other spell effects, quality wise.
• Group play is heavily favored compared to soloing.
• Itemlevel is not shown on item tooltip, but requires amazingly complex interaction.
• Cannot split stacks while Trade window is opened.
• Cannot move items in inventory while Merchant window is opened.

Looking back through the posts, I touched on a wide variety of little sticking points to the game's overall flow, but these are the ones that make me go "ugh...".

It's been a whole year, guys!"

"

We are not supposed to hit 100 in a long time because of more acts. Once all acts are out it might become easier.

The game is not in the beta anymore, why would something be not supposed until further content is added, and that content is not going to get implemented in 5+ years?
"

farm level 80 docks till you vomit
much gameplay
I would come back today if they made a SFL.

Honestly the reason people aren't sticking around in PoE, is they're not giving people enough time to settle into massive changes. And they're nerfing way too much stuff in this game way too quickly.

After LOD came out, Blizzard for the most part left D2 alone for many years, and the player base remained large. So the ones who think constant "balancing changes" are required for a game to succeed as just simply wrong. There has never been a single item in the history of PoE that I viewed as being so broken OP that it "must" be nerfed. Maybe changes would be more well received if they focused instead on improving the stuff the player base deems as "useless", or in need of improvement. Because improving is always more well received than nerfing.

And then they got a system in place that seems like it is designed for the purpose of flushing the community out every 3-4 months.

The simplest way to explain it, is new player shows up and starts in the 3 month league, plays and builds up a character, just for it to get dumped into standard league loaded with tons of legacy items. And then they ask themselves, "is there any point in starting over in a new league?" - the answer is a resounding NO for 80% of people.
"

If the player numbers go down too much and GGG has to shutdown (which wont happen) they just make the game offline and modable.

I am following this game since 2010 my friend.. Me and many other people saw huge potential in this game..but from closed beta, open beta and now..many players (who already left) were fighting with devs and arguing about different decisions..it became very clear that devs are making game for them..not for players..

For me it's sad example, how lucky GGG devs were...they got support, publicity, ARPG market was perfectly ready for PoE thanks to failed games like vanilla Diablo 3 and they could cut big share of market for them..in short..they were in fantastic position ..yet stubborn focus purely on hard-cord crowd and lack of willingness to listen to playerbase..well..they basically flushed opportunity they had and numbers are talking for themselves.

You are right..I don't care anymore..but if they wont change anything major in their approach, their plan to support and making content for 10 years will never become reality. But hopefully, they will at least learn something..
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"

I am following this game since 2010 my friend.. Me and many other people saw huge potential in this game..but from closed beta, open beta and now..many players (who already left) were fighting with devs and arguing about different decisions..it became very clear that devs are making game for them..not for players..

For me it's sad example, how lucky GGG devs were...they got support, publicity, ARPG market was perfectly ready for PoE thanks to failed games like vanilla Diablo 3 and they could cut big share of market for them..in short..they were in fantastic position ..yet stubborn focus purely on hard-cord crowd and lack of willingness to listen to playerbase..well..they basically flushed opportunity they had and numbers are talking for themselves.

You are right..I don't care anymore..but if they wont change anything major in their approach, their plan to support and making content for 10 years will never become reality. But hopefully, they will at least learn something..

Well, i am happy will all the decisions GGG has made so far. I enjoy the game just fine. And why do people cling to a game they dont like something about? I dont play games i dont like, like D3 or WoW, i play games i do like, like POE and Bioshock and Frozen Throne and Median XL.
"
And why do people cling to a game they dont like something about?

It's all about details. I love this game, and play it a lot. But it could have been so much better, with a couple of tweaks to some parts of the game. And this is one of the main reasons a forum exists: To talk about the progression of the game - feedbacks, ideas and so on.

On the forum:
Some talk about loot allocation: It got changed.
Some talk about Invasion bosses: It got changed.
Some talk about cutthroat...

All of us want the game to progress. Most of us want the game to progress in a way we like. A LOT of us want the game to change in a way that makes the game more rewarding. An increase in drop rates, gives casuals (read: People that wount spend 4000 hours+) a CHANCE to taste crafting, a CHANCE to aquire end game gear without trading for them.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info