GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Temper wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

Ya you're right,it's just differing ideology of the term.

I don't find time to be hardcore,but find what's done in that time to be key.Time spent is merely a biproduct of enjoying the challenge,risk verse reward for myself.

I dunno,maybe I need to find a new *keyword* for what I enjoy .. *extreme* or something lol

I got it! "Invasion"

=D

Unfortunately until I can overcome technical issues with act3x and Doms penthouse and my current PC,I'll not be playing any new leagues or advancing any characters beyond that content,if they haven't already passed it.

Rerolling new characters at this stage will only just aggravate my problem when locked out of act3x to progress because of technical problems.

=)

That sucks man, well sort of. Act 3.1 is lackluster vs the rest of the game. I don't think there has been a single time I didn't just jump into mapping after Piety.

Hope you can get your PC healthy soon.

"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Your words not mine, don't antagonize people giving their opinions please.

Thank you.

I wish you would go back to not responding to me, this is becoming harassment.

Yes, my words, which you've twisted to your likings, which is a sort of harassment, funny ha?

I will respond to replies like yours, because I want to do that, of course. Next time don't twist my words and you won't hear from me like this, simple as that.
And don't act like a victim.

EDIT:
At least you did a nice job on derailment. But I'll still wait for someone of anti-SFL crowd to explain me how is killing monsters for gear casual, and buying them from a web-browser a hardcore gaming.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 28, 2014, 8:20:44 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
An opinion from someone not really for or against SFL : For me, all those threads about SFL are like this :

"We don't want blue sky, we want it ... red. Red is also more hardcore, you know!"

GGG decides how their game will be played. They might be willing to change some things based on feedback, but probably not the color of the sky (~trading is one of the game's fundaments). No amount of threads will (I have no proof for that, I admit) change the color of the sky, that is my point.
There are two layers of "sky" here. We are asking for a third. It doesn't change anything for the first two in the short run (yet in the long run, it makes them and the whole game better).
And once SFL gets its 3rd layer, there will be people asking for a 4th and 5th. I believe this is another reason this and custom leagues haven't come yet. Haven't you read the forum? The game is dying, splitting up the community just exposes this fact even further!

Those are not valid arguments not to implement SFL though... There is a large difference between catering to the omnipresent "pls drp ratez gaim aint playabul" and accepting a constructive, thought out suggestion, even if only to adapt it to your own [GGG devs] needs. I fully agree with GGG not giving in to the Mr. Whiney, and a few little changes they did were probably doing much more good for the game than bad, regardless of how I (or you, or any other individual, for that matter) personally feel about them.
The game is dying and community splitting is just nonsense though. Holds as much weight as that typical stereotype of a homeless guy holding a board saying "the end is nigh".
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
holy shit this awesome

"
PoorJoy wrote:
holy shit this awesome

Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 28, 2014, 8:44:58 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Your words not mine, don't antagonize people giving their opinions please.

Thank you.

I wish you would go back to not responding to me, this is becoming harassment.

Yes, my words, which you've twisted to your likings, which is a sort of harassment, funny ha?

I will respond to replies like yours, because I want to do that, of course. Next time don't twist my words and you won't hear from me like this, simple as that.
And don't act like a victim.

EDIT:
At least you did a nice job on derailment. But I'll still wait for someone of anti-SFL crowd to explain me how is killing monsters for gear casual, and buying them from a web-browser a hardcore gaming.

Easy.

Given a SFL with buffed drop rates so that the average progress of the players in that league were the same as in a non-SFL league. Then the only way of character advancement is farming. So, a player would have to concern himself with one thing only: how to farm most efficiently.

In a non-SFL, however, to reach the same level of progress, the same player would have to make the right choice concerning a lot of alternatives: farming for your own items, high-speed farming of low level maps to get stuff that sells, boss runs for chaos orbs, leveling skill gems, anticipating how the market will develop, offer mirror services, offer other services, charge for maps, etc.

To me it is quite obvious that the latter requires a far wider skill set than the former and - to me - is therefore more hardcore. Obviously this is only true if the drop rate in a SFL is adapted significantly. As it is now, playing SFL is just harder than using all available options (doh!). One more thing: someone who does not like trading might prefer SFL even if it is not more "hardcore".

"
Faendris wrote:

Easy.

Given a SFL with buffed drop rates so that the average progress of the players in that league were the same as in a non-SFL league. Then the only way of character advancement is farming. So, a player would have to concern himself with one thing only: how to farm most efficiently.

In a non-SFL, however, to reach the same level of progress, the same player would have to make the right choice concerning a lot of alternatives: farming for your own items, high-speed farming of low level maps to get stuff that sells, boss runs for chaos orbs, leveling skill gems, anticipating how the market will develop, offer mirror services, offer other services, charge for maps, etc.

To me it is quite obvious that the latter requires a far wider skill set than the former and - to me - is therefore more hardcore. Obviously this is only true if the drop rate in a SFL is adapted significantly. As it is now, playing SFL is just harder than using all available options (doh!). One more thing: someone who does not like trading might prefer SFL even if it is not more "hardcore".

Finally a decent response. But I wouldn't call it easy.
Most of those things you've mentioned as reasons for hardcore in trading environment apply to SFL.

Farming for your own items in the current state, now that would be something, but that would be a road of a masochist with the amount of RNG present and the "walls". 90+ level character? Yeah right!
Farming for items to sell? Hmmm... why would that be hardcore?
Boss runs for chaos orbs, why would that be strictly for non-SFL? Wouldn't that be a hardcore characteristic of a SFL as well? Along with regal recipe, etc.
Mirror services as a hardcore characteristic? Do explain what is hardcore in that.
Other services, such as?
Charge for maps, same, what is hardcore in that?

The only thing that I do give a credit is the market evaluation, and by no means would I call it hardcore, again, what is hardcore in that?
Sure, some people are more talented in that area, as in real life too, are those people living hardcore?

That word hardcore is a toxic word, and people are using it for all sorts of things, trying to feel better and put themselves above others.

Wikipedia got it right on description of a hardcore gamer, it's a gamer that invests a lot of time into gaming. Simple as that.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 28, 2014, 9:07:03 AM
i think make your own game = hardcore. GGG did it.
all players = sucker including nolife like me
Last edited by Tom1989 on Apr 28, 2014, 9:21:31 AM
I've pointed out a few times how GGG pretentiously claims PoE to be a HC game. But the real target audience, by design, are extremely casual players happy to take on the HC title. Real HC gamers are meant to be suppressed to make the target audience feel more HC. Every so often this is shown WAI.

the prime example
"
mushioov wrote:
It's only a good thing that we get rid of the crybaby casuals. This game is about competition, teamwork and occasional luck. That's why it's so addicting, even though I've had a few month break now, but my fingers are itching already to get back on.

SFL will never happen and that's the best decision GGG can stick for. You casuals can cry, whine and whatever but it still won't happen :)
Hey look, your D3 expansion that was supposed to "blow PoE out of water" was just as crap, if not even worse, as we told it would be. So go play that now. Let the real hardcore ARPG gamers enjoy PoE.
Casually casual.

"
mushioov wrote:
It's only a good thing that we get rid of the crybaby casuals. This game is about competition, teamwork and occasional luck. That's why it's so addicting, even though I've had a few month break now, but my fingers are itching already to get back on.

SFL will never happen and that's the best decision GGG can stick for. You casuals can cry, whine and whatever but it still won't happen :)
Hey look, your D3 expansion that was supposed to "blow PoE out of water" was just as crap, if not even worse, as we told it would be. So go play that now. Let the real hardcore ARPG gamers enjoy PoE.

holy shit, how hardcore player are you?

highest char lvl 62

but yea, most of you who donated a lot of money never even got to maps....clueless bunch, nothing more

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info