GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"

... WHy change this game with GGGs vision of trading when you can make your own game?

GGGs vision was to offer custom leagues for cash shop coins.
i mean i get it, game is dying. playerbase is already so low that they just cant keep this promise. GGG is the only one who is changing their vision.
"

... WHy change this game with GGGs vision of trading when you can make your own game?

The current iteration is far from the advertised *vision* of trading that GGG originally gave us.

I'll go so far as to say that the current iteration of trade in game is/was players *vision* of trading.

=)

"
Jake_GGG wrote:
Please refrain from antagonizing or insulting other players. Further posts of this kind may result in the player being placed on probation.

Call the Chris to give a fking answer on this forum.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
"
Xavderion wrote:

I'd say the number one characteristic of a casual player is that he doesn't want to invest either time or actually himself (if that makes sense) in order to have some fun with a game.

To answer your questions, chess can be a casual game, it's very easy to learn. And playing Temple Run 6+ hours a day makes someone a hardcore Temple Run player, yes. If he does this with most games he plays, then he's a hardcore gamer, yes.

Agreed.

How can you comment on these assumptions that casuals want SFL?
Why is someone, who wants to gear up (competitively) with killing monsters a casual, and the one who gears up through trade a hardcore player?

That's the biggest argument from anti-SFL crowd, and I personally think that it's crap.

@aldorus

Thanks for the nice post.

I'm curious what would the results be with a SFL poll, a real ingame poll.
To check how many players would be interested, and then make a business decision, either to make it as a 20$ fee or just make it free and go on with donations, or don't do nothing.

I really believe it wouldn't fail based on money part.
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"

GGGs vision was to offer custom leagues for cash shop coins.
i mean i get it, game is dying. playerbase is already so low that they just cant keep this promise. GGG is the only one who is changing their vision.

Cool story bro.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I'd say the number one characteristic of a casual player is that he doesn't want to invest either time or actually himself (if that makes sense) in order to have some fun with a game.

To answer your questions, chess can be a casual game, it's very easy to learn. And playing Temple Run 6+ hours a day makes someone a hardcore Temple Run player, yes. If he does this with most games he plays, then he's a hardcore gamer, yes.

Agreed.

How can you comment on these assumptions that casuals want SFL?
Why is someone, who wants to gear up (competitively) with killing monsters a casual, and the one who gears up through trade a hardcore player?

That's the biggest argument from anti-SFL crowd, and I personally think that it's crap.

Hm, wanting a SFL doesn't make anyone casual, that's nonsense. What might happen though is that the game might become easier in a SFL. Really depends on how GGG would balance it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Sorry, but that is a fallacy. PoE is definitely easier right now than it will ever be in a SFL. Simply because of poe.xyz, RMT, botting, and trading in general. In the current situation, you can buy everything you desire instantly. Even if a shavronne's dropped every piety kill, you'd still have to kill it and it's less than instant so harder.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Hm, wanting a SFL doesn't make anyone casual, that's nonsense. What might happen though is that the game might become easier in a SFL. Really depends on how GGG would balance it.

They'd have to try very very hard to make self found,especially solo self found any easier than trade enabled. lol
I'd play a self found league.
"
glh5 wrote:
Sorry, but that is a fallacy. PoE is definitely easier right now than it will ever be in a SFL. Simply because of poe.xyz, RMT, botting, and trading in general. In the current situation, you can buy everything you desire instantly. Even if a shavronne's dropped every piety kill, you'd still have to kill it and it's less than instant so harder.

Yes, if you cheat. In a SFL, you can also buy an account with a Shavronne's for real money. Your point is invalid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info