"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

no, people wouldnt leave.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
2 week race is the most fun I've had in poe so far. Loot explosions every now and then makes me forget how awful RNG is.
"
I hate these threads but I'll add that I think the drops you get at 100% IIR should be the default drops. That is just my thoughts on it though from experience. If you run with less than 100%, it is a fairly horrid experience, drop wise.

Very true. PoE would be in a much different state if this were the case. Self found would be a bit more bearable, yet not break the game by completely nullifying the 'need' or 'advantage' of trading.

It's hard to believe but some people actually do both. I have self found/crafted upgrades and I have also traded. It isn't black or white as some people seem to think.

But we already know that drops need work, and so does trading.
I love pie.
"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

This game would be pretty terrible offline. You would never get anything you wanted.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

This game would be pretty terrible offline. You would never get anything you wanted.

But the difference between a trading player and a non-trading player, is that non-trading players doesn't want EVERYTHING handed to them through an AH or a third party site. Non-trading players wants to progress on their own, and make do with what they've got, and what they find. I know it's hard to understand, but hey - we can't understand everything.

An other thing, not directed to you, is a sad red thread I keep noticing in here. Up'ing the drop rates or similar, doesn't sit well with many players. Not because it would make their gaming experience any worse, but because it would give casuals a chance to progress. And that idea seems like the end of the world to some players in here.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
"
meloo55 wrote:

As opposed to never getting anything you want plus lagging like a mofo?

Also, mods.

I'm fairly certain the modding community could improve overall satisfaction with the game 100x more than GGG can alone.
"
Phrazz wrote:
An other thing, not directed to you, is a sad red thread I keep noticing in here. Up'ing the drop rates or similar, doesn't sit well with many players. Not because it would make their gaming experience any worse, but because it would give casuals a chance to progress. And that idea seems like the end of the world to some players in here.

The gaming world is full of dweebs who think they are 'leet and their experience in the game is special such that the "lowlife casuals" should be boxed out of it.

I was in a top tier Burning Crusade guild and that vibe was everywhere in that game back then...everyone thought the game was being destroyed when they went to those 25/10 man split type raids back in Northrend. Last I checked, that game is still going strong 7 years later....

It's better to ignore elitists, in video games and especially in life. They aren't worth even paying attention to. They migrate from game to game until the makers of the game figure out they are actually not worth the trouble, which GGG seems to have figured out.

Expect them to QQ at massively loud levels for a while....then they will shut up or leave. Either way, the community is always better once the game is more friendly to everyone rather than the elite few.
Yeh the joke of a droprate is why most my friends have quit and why I play for perhaps one or two hours a week.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
Last edited by Kiluvaras on May 19, 2014, 3:26:46 PM
Funny, all these complaints....

It's almost as if all of you didn't know what the drop rates were like when you started playing. Oh, wait, GGG has set those expectations for us by stating the game revolves around trading.

If you expect anything else, then your expectations are flawed.

Plus, if you up the drop rates, all that does is inflate the market even more, devalue iir/iiq, and make those super lucky people feel less lucky.

In my opinion, those are all bad things.

As a note: I don't trade often, I can't do high level maps. I'm not awesome at this game.

What's the point in having rare items if they're not rare? Epically rare to give you that sense of accomplishment or extreme luck.

Besides, if they upped the drop rates, you guys would still complain and we'll be sitting a year from now arguing about the same shit.

By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

Tldr rare is rare is epically rare...deal with it
IGNs: Tearhaunch | Gleamscythe | Highlords_Wrath | Bladebone
Good luck, have fun
"
Sixpence wrote:
Funny, all these complaints....

It's almost as if all of you didn't know what the drop rates were like when you started playing. Oh, wait, GGG has set those expectations for us by stating the game revolves around trading.

If you expect anything else, then your expectations are flawed.

Plus, if you up the drop rates, all that does is inflate the market even more, devalue iir/iiq, and make those super lucky people feel less lucky.

In my opinion, those are all bad things.

As a note: I don't trade often, I can't do high level maps. I'm not awesome at this game.

What's the point in having rare items if they're not rare? Epically rare to give you that sense of accomplishment or extreme luck.

Besides, if they upped the drop rates, you guys would still complain and we'll be sitting a year from now arguing about the same shit.

By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

Tldr rare is rare is epically rare...deal with it

Nobody is complaining about the droprates since the beginning. A year ago they were fine. Probably ur a CB player who hasn't actively played since the official release of the game.
The patch 1.0 or w/e ruined all drop rates. Some gated unique bs which basically means you will never see good stuff drop again. That's the hidden meaning behind the words. Before the release I used to get better drops doing 66-67 maps than I've been getting doing constantly 75+ maps for months now.
The only thing that inflated the market was coming up with the legacy bs which totally ruined the economy.
When it comes to items being rare, would you say a shav was any easier to obtain a year ago?
NO. It was still a luxury item. The only difference is that back then you actually had the chance to obtain a shav/kaoms after a few months of farming. Now it would probably take you a year.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info