"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

"
jaredh wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
An other thing, not directed to you, is a sad red thread I keep noticing in here. Up'ing the drop rates or similar, doesn't sit well with many players. Not because it would make their gaming experience any worse, but because it would give casuals a chance to progress. And that idea seems like the end of the world to some players in here.

The gaming world is full of dweebs who think they are 'leet and their experience in the game is special such that the "lowlife casuals" should be boxed out of it.

I was in a top tier Burning Crusade guild and that vibe was everywhere in that game back then...everyone thought the game was being destroyed when they went to those 25/10 man split type raids back in Northrend. Last I checked, that game is still going strong 7 years later....

It's better to ignore elitists, in video games and especially in life. They aren't worth even paying attention to. They migrate from game to game until the makers of the game figure out they are actually not worth the trouble, which GGG seems to have figured out.

Expect them to QQ at massively loud levels for a while....then they will shut up or leave. Either way, the community is always better once the game is more friendly to everyone rather than the elite few.

What's most ironic is that these people always claim that views contrary to their own are a product of "the vocal minority", when by their very elitist nature, they are in fact usually the most vocal minority themselves.
Last edited by Sublime82 on May 19, 2014, 4:55:03 PM
"
Kiluvaras wrote:
"
Sixpence wrote:
Funny, all these complaints....

It's almost as if all of you didn't know what the drop rates were like when you started playing. Oh, wait, GGG has set those expectations for us by stating the game revolves around trading.

If you expect anything else, then your expectations are flawed.

Plus, if you up the drop rates, all that does is inflate the market even more, devalue iir/iiq, and make those super lucky people feel less lucky.

In my opinion, those are all bad things.

As a note: I don't trade often, I can't do high level maps. I'm not awesome at this game.

What's the point in having rare items if they're not rare? Epically rare to give you that sense of accomplishment or extreme luck.

Besides, if they upped the drop rates, you guys would still complain and we'll be sitting a year from now arguing about the same shit.

By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

Tldr rare is rare is epically rare...deal with it

Nobody is complaining about the droprates since the beginning. A year ago they were fine. Probably ur a CB player who hasn't actively played since the official release of the game.
The patch 1.0 or w/e ruined all drop rates. Some gated unique bs which basically means you will never see good stuff drop again. That's the hidden meaning behind the words. Before the release I used to get better drops doing 66-67 maps than I've been getting doing constantly 75+ maps for months now.
The only thing that inflated the market was coming up with the legacy bs which totally ruined the economy.
When it comes to items being rare, would you say a shav was any easier to obtain a year ago?
NO. It was still a luxury item. The only difference is that back then you actually had the chance to obtain a shav/kaoms after a few months of farming. Now it would probably take you a year.

Fair enough. Although, you say "good stuff" It should probably read "best stuff."

If it's the best stuff, then wouldn't you expect it to be gated accordingly? I don't know, just my thoughts.

Yes, I didn't play much in CB, and didn't start playing consistently until the last few months. I'm not an expert on these issues, nor am I very knowledgeable when it comes to these issues.

I just can't understand people complaining about the best gears being gated? What do you expect? If people want to find every single item in the game themselves, then I'm sorry, this is not the game for you and you should go play D3.

Or not, because that game is designed around self found and people consistently bitch and moan about drop rates over there too...

Again, by the players' logic, we should just give BiS to everyone instantly and be done with it.
IGNs: Tearhaunch | Gleamscythe | Highlords_Wrath | Bladebone
Good luck, have fun
Last edited by Sixpence on May 19, 2014, 5:35:19 PM
"
Sixpence wrote:
Plus, if you up the drop rates, all that does is inflate the market even more,

Sixpence, you need to study econ more. Increase in items ==> more supply ==> lower demand ==> lower prices....NOT inflation (ie higher prices).

Note that the economy in this game is already heavily flawed due to people sitting on items and not budging on price for less than a floor they believe has been set previously. More drops would almost certainly lower that artificial floor, not raise it.

Last edited by jaredh on May 19, 2014, 5:40:26 PM
"
jaredh wrote:
"
Sixpence wrote:
Plus, if you up the drop rates, all that does is inflate the market even more,

Sixpence, you need to study econ more. Increase in items ==> more supply ==> lower demand ==> lower prices....NOT inflation (ie higher prices).

I said inflate the market...not that the market would go through the economical process known as inflation.

I see your point, poor choice of words on my part. I don't have time to read economics bs, nor do I care to, thanks for the advice though killa.
Good luck, have fun
"
Sixpence wrote:
By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

What is the point in playing if i can "literally" never get a BiS on my own. It´s the other side of the coin in your question.

Both sides argue against each other with extrem exmaple to underline their point of view while everybody want´s to be in the middle. Except the trade tycoons hu3hu3hu3
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Sixpence wrote:

What is the point in playing if i can "literally" never get a BiS on my own. It´s the other side of the coin in your question.

Both sides argue against each other with extrem exmaple to underline their point of view while everybody want´s to be in the middle. Except the trade tycoons hu3hu3hu3

But your statement is entirely false, you even put "literally" in quotes, meaning it's not actually literal.

Many top players have proven you wrong, and if you can't get BiS through luck or trading like all the other top players, then you're simply not a top player.

Hue hue hue internet kid hue hue hue
Good luck, have fun
just want to drop in and point out that drop rates are sufficient to push players to beating atziri in about a week in hardcore with the invasion and ambush rule sets combined. That is with trade, surely, but I would not scoff at the idea that being able to do that self-found would lead to a mass exodus of players having 'completed' the game. A week, maybe 10 days, from empty stash to atziri down. That leaves legitimate room for a uber atziri kill in two weeks. Buffs in item drop rates are not needed in the current state of the game. I think there is room to buff currency drops, as there is still another layer of RNG to fight with, but the drop rates for uniques is clearly in a good spot in game.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 19, 2014, 6:14:04 PM
That's why a selffound-league for PoE is needed. There we can have better drop rates, adjusted economy for selffound and no stress with the normal standard/hardcore leagues.
I have no problem in a split between the old PoE core game with it's trading based mechanics and more userfriendly "casual" league with (mostly) selffound, balanced game content for better solo experience (MUCH better loot!), better accessible endgame content (getting to Atziri without BIS gear for example) and overall less "stress", unlike the current PoE leagues.

I'm sure both could co-exist because it does not interact in any way with each other. PoE has so much potential, it would be a waste if it stays with it's current trading/group/harcore gameplay and the compared small audience for this kind of game.
I played PoE non-stop for over 1 year, it was fun until I reached a dead end (from solo/selffound perspective) but since D3 RoS was released I never started PoE again. I know that D3 may be compared "casual" (which is of course not true if you dig deeper in D3) but the important part is: RoS is FUN! PoE is work/sress/grind/punishment compared to D3 with almost non-rewarding gameplay if you can't spent 10 hrs a day in it or group run maps non stop.

Again, PoE players should keep their current game experience, maybe even harder and even less rewarding and even more desync if they want that too. But a selffound league with complete separated economy would bring more players to PoE without affecting the classic PoE game. Maybe this even increases the audience for the classic modes of PoE? I can only see a Win/Win situation there.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on May 19, 2014, 6:23:30 PM
disagree firmly. making this game into a d3:ros clone is entirely a bad idea. The only reason this game is even talked about is because it breaks from blizzard's game plan in some big ways. Simplifying the rewards would simply leave the faults glaring when then compared to AAA mega budget giants (it's just like d3 but with desync!).

This game is unique due largely to the reward systems in play, and the break it provides from pretty much the entire rest of the video game industry, that force feed 'upgrades' down your throat, always the same just slightly bigger. PoE is much deeper than that, and doesnt need scheduled 'same but bigger' rewards, and would in fact break the game on many levels.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 19, 2014, 6:28:35 PM
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
That's why a selffound-league for PoE is needed. There we can have better drop rates, adjusted economy for selffound and no stress with the normal standard/hardcore leagues.
I have no problem in a split between the old PoE core game with it's trading based mechanics and more userfriendly "casual" league with (mostly) selffound, balanced game content for better solo experience (MUCH better loot!), better accessible endgame content (getting to Atziri without BIS gear for example) and overall less "stress", unlike the current PoE leagues.

I'm sure both could co-exist because it does not interact in any way with each other. PoE has so much potential, it would be a waste if it stays with it's current trading/group/harcore gameplay and the compared small audience for this kind of game.
I played PoE non-stop for over 1 year, it was fun until I reached a dead end (from solo/selffound perspective) but since D3 RoS was released I never started PoE again. I know that D3 may be compared "casual" (which is of course not true if you dig deeper in D3) but the important part is: RoS is FUN! PoE is work/sress/grind/punishment compared to D3 with almost non-rewarding gameplay if you can't spent 10 hrs a day in it or group run maps non stop.

Again, PoE players should keep their current game experience, maybe even harder and even less rewarding and even more desync if they want that too. But a selffound league with complete separated economy would bring more players to PoE without affecting the classic PoE game. Maybe this even increases the audience for the classic modes of PoE? I can only see a Win/Win situation there.

Just go play D3. You're asking the devs to completely go against what they and their game stands for. Plus, you're also asking them to completely redesign the systems in place around self found, when the whole purpose of making it this way was to enable the game to revolve around trading instead.

Look, I have nothing against self found players and that style of play. What I have a problem with is wasting the devs' time in building and implementing it, when it's not something they want to do, and when they can use that time to make more great content.

Massive and epic waste of time and resources, in my humble opinion.

Just go play D3 if you want self found.
Good luck, have fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info