"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

"
Sixpence wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Sixpence wrote:
By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

What is the point in playing if i can "literally" never get a BiS on my own. It´s the other side of the coin in your question.

Both sides argue against each other with extrem exmaple to underline their point of view while everybody want´s to be in the middle. Except the trade tycoons hu3hu3hu3

But your statement is entirely false, you even put "literally" in quotes, meaning it's not actually literal.

Many top players have proven you wrong, and if you can't get BiS through luck or trading like all the other top players, then you're simply not a top player.

Hue hue hue internet kid hue hue hue

Is it that hard to get my text? I´m talking about that extremes get used in this conversation and put your comment of instant BiS items in controverse of my statement of that one does never got a BiS item. Even talking about each side of a coin. Are you that dull to not get this simple text.. kid?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Sixpence wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:

What is the point in playing if i can "literally" never get a BiS on my own. It´s the other side of the coin in your question.

Both sides argue against each other with extrem exmaple to underline their point of view while everybody want´s to be in the middle. Except the trade tycoons hu3hu3hu3

But your statement is entirely false, you even put "literally" in quotes, meaning it's not actually literal.

Many top players have proven you wrong, and if you can't get BiS through luck or trading like all the other top players, then you're simply not a top player.

Hue hue hue internet kid hue hue hue

Is it that hard to get my text? I´m talking about that extremes get used in this conversation and put your comment of instant BiS items in controverse of my statement of that one does never got a BiS item. Even talking about each side of a coin. Are you that dull to not get this simple text.. kid?

Nothing you say makes sense cause it's all based off a completely invalid and illogical statement.

So, no, I don't get what your saying or even what your point is. You have no point. Your run-on sentence/paragraph makes no sense at all. Please return with valid argument, or not.
IGNs: Tearhaunch | Gleamscythe | Highlords_Wrath | Bladebone
Good luck, have fun
"
Spysong192 wrote:
By that logic, you might as well give everybody BiS and be done with it. But then, what would be the point in playing?

M8 youre text is pretty good but no offense you seem a bit hateful sorry to say. Not mean to bash you at all dude, just you come on pretty aggressive is all. Idk take care anyway peace
Last edited by dirkw83 on May 19, 2014, 8:03:33 PM
I have spent 40$ or so on this game while on other games I have spent nearly 10k$. It is fun, but it would be more fun if the drop rates were better(increased). Maybe they don't care to market their game to be anything more than what it currently is.
I would probably just give more away to guildies, leave? Na.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
LostForm wrote:
disagree firmly. making this game into a d3:ros clone is entirely a bad idea. The only reason this game is even talked about is because it breaks from blizzard's game plan in some big ways. Simplifying the rewards would simply leave the faults glaring when then compared to AAA mega budget giants (it's just like d3 but with desync!).

Nobody says that PoE should be a "D3 clone", where did I wrote this? I just compared some mechanics and thought about the possibilities for a separate selffound league. Still PoE style of course.

"
Sixpence wrote:

Just go play D3. You're asking the devs to completely go against what they and their game stands for. Plus, you're also asking them to completely redesign the systems in place around self found, when the whole purpose of making it this way was to enable the game to revolve around trading instead.

Look, I have nothing against self found players and that style of play. What I have a problem with is wasting the devs' time in building and implementing it, when it's not something they want to do, and when they can use that time to make more great content.

Massive and epic waste of time and resources, in my humble opinion.

Just go play D3 if you want self found.

I play D3 (you can play more than one RPG game ;) ) but I still hope to come back to PoE some day. And again, nobody says that GGG completely rebuilds their game! It would not affect you in any way if you want to continue with the classic PoE experience. GGG just needs to include a selffound league, that should not be hard, changins some drop values, removing trading options, that's it basicly. Nothing to complex or time consumpting. And it would not be a wast of time at all for GGG because many players actualy want such an league. Otherwise there would not be an single SFL discussion at all, right? ;)
Last edited by Fusion_Power on May 20, 2014, 9:00:52 AM
I feel like anyone still asking for drop rates did not play in domination, has not played in ambush and pays no attention to the results of things like one week races. I dont understand wanting the game to be completable in a week. 100% self found in domination 1 week race and I (low play time, not efficient) reached level 78. In ambush I am sitting on tons of uniques, with 0 iir and solo play almost all of the time. I am just really struggling to understand how people are doing so badly in game. I would consider myself to be a mediocre player, but its like PoE offers zero resistance, I just run through the game like the monsters dont know i am there. They have done a great job rebalancing some of the stuff but a lot is too easy now, I just dont even think most of you have played on the rebalanced ruleset, or this thread just wouldn't exist.
Hey...is this thing on?
Main problem is progression at high level. (80+)

Example: for my SFL Witch I want to expand my build to have either cloak of defiance or lightning coil. Cloak of defiance would mean I can unspec MoM and gain a ton of passive points that I can spend on more life and damage in the templar area. I'm talking 30+ skill points here. So I want to make clear this is not some sort of luxury but a very core part of the build.

The only way to reliably obtain this uniques is trading. Using chance orbs is not reliable enough. It could be 1000's of chance orbs before I'd get it and I could be level 90 at that time. The drop rate is too low; I could go 1000's of hours without dropping one. I have no real way of acquiring this unique.

Another example: eternal orbs. A trader player can buy eternal orbs immediately and is only limited by how fast he can farm things to buy the eternals with. A SFL player will just have to hope and even getting ONE!!!!! eternal orb after 1000 hours is LUCKY. This discrepancy is huge.

Now if there were some other way to reliably progress besides trading, that would be great. A great example is fusings. I can actually farm alterations and convert them to fusings. But I cannot farm other things I need for my build.

Another thing I need is an empower gem. I have no way to farm for this specific thing I will just have to hope that it drops.

I played in Domination league. I have no idea what has Domination to do with this problem.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Last edited by DogFaceNoSpace on May 20, 2014, 10:10:02 AM
"
Main problem is progression at high level. (80+)

Example: for my SFL Witch I want to expand my build to have either cloak of defiance or lightning coil. Cloak of defiance would mean I can unspec MoM and gain a ton of passive points that I can spend on more life and damage in the templar area. I'm talking 30+ skill points here. So I want to make clear this is not some sort of luxury but a very core part of the build.

The only way to reliably obtain this uniques is trading. Using chance orbs is not reliable enough. It could be 1000's of chance orbs before I'd get it and I could be level 90 at that time. The drop rate is too low; I could go 1000's of hours without dropping one. I have no real way of acquiring this unique.

Another example: eternal orbs. A trader player can buy eternal orbs immediately and is only limited by how fast he can farm things to buy the eternals with. A SFL player will just have to hope and even getting ONE!!!!! eternal orb after 1000 hours is LUCKY. This discrepancy is huge.

Now if there were some other way to reliably progress besides trading, that would be great. A great example is fusings. I can actually farm alterations and convert them to fusings. But I cannot farm other things I need for my build.

Another thing I need is an empower gem. I have no way to farm for this specific thing I will just have to hope that it drops.

I played in Domination league. I have no idea what has Domination to do with this problem.

Domination league introduced the shrines, which add lots and lots of drop opportunities. Increasing drop rates any more wouldnt make those things drop 'reliably' either. I feel like the drop rate on lightning coil is pretty high in particular, it is one of the most common uniques I find, i think i have 6 of them now.

I just dont understand, any more streamlining of this game and you are looking at 50 play hours until god mode, just seems a bit over the top.

I can agree that currency could use a bump, it has more rng attached on use.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 20, 2014, 10:45:35 AM
one item that has a crazy drop rate is Bringer Of Rain, got 5 of them in a week... they are now trade for 2 ex, hardly for 3 ex...
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info