PATH OF EXILE'S PRIORITY POLL

free bump and voted
"
Isbox1 wrote:
The reason is that every couple of hours I am progressing in some form - be that levels through paragon - or by gear drops...

That's right. While in PoE I'm still stuck with my helm from Cruel at level 77 (literally)
"
Desync "fix" (minimizing it)

Desync is not a problem unless you're a braindead moron.

"
Loot System's rewardness(RNG)

Nothing wrong with it. Some people will always complain until the first zombie gives Kaom's and Soul Takers. They don't understand the macroscopic effects of inceasing loot drops and trading for items you need. The fact that most endgame uniques cost 20-40 exalts is very manageable price if you work towards it and understand the trading system.

"
Endgame other than mapping

I don't see a reason for this, maybe it's more important for long lasting stable economies (Standard)? Then again, they got Atziri a while ago so it's now even less of an issue.

"
Crafting rewardness

See loot rewardness, same answer applies. I guess fast food generation just wants everything now, too bad they don't understand 90% of the games cater to their casual ass already, let there be at least one that doesn't.

"
PVP

Not my cup of tea. There are many great PVP games out there. I see PVP in PoE as silly as PVE in Dota 2. Just no.

"
Trade System

Current one works, but barely. Telling every customer to wait for 5 minutes to finish a map is awkward. Trading would be better if it followed GGGs vision and wouldn't need external aggregation services like poe.xyz. I don't think it's a major problem but still my top priority seeing everything else is basically non-issue.
Last edited by Alhoon on Apr 11, 2014, 11:24:29 AM
Interesting, no graphical optimization.

"
cutt wrote:
How about you go play D3 with it's instant gratification and casual friendly mechanics?

There is no instant gratification, at least not higher than the one in PoE. Cut your hardcore crap.

"
cutt wrote:
1. Maps system is the best endgame system ARPGs ever had. D3 basically copying it.

Personal opinion. They have took some elements in their endgame system, however, one doesn't have to be lucky or pay to play it. Which can only be worse to gambling addicts.
I can't imagine what the point of these polls are. Currently, your poll is at 464 total votes. According to the latest numbers from Chris, the lowest concurrent number of online players is 15k.

So you netted AT BEST %0.03 of the playerbase. You got a fraction of the playerbase that reads the forums, that is mad enough to care to vote in something like this, that is given a limited selection of issues that may or may not even be on their radar, to vote in your poll.

And, shock, an overwhelming (lol) number of that tiny fraction voted for desync. What a flippin surprise.

If you put the results of mandatory, pre-login, ingame poll in front of me, I'd be thrilled to see what data is gleaned. Until then, these fraction of the relevant playerbase, tiny sliver of an allowable margin of error polls will continue to exist firmly planted deep in the mountainous regions of WGAFistan.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
antnee, is the new unique from you? :p curious!
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
antnee, is the new unique from you? :p curious!

The pirate one? No, that was one of the ideas I shot to the devs that got a "being worked on" response. I'm really happy it's there regardless of the author!

"
Desync "fix" (minimizing it)/quote]

"
Desync is not a problem unless you're a braindead moron.

that's your opinion.

coz i see it the other way around, so who's calling who now?

and yeah, that's my opinion too.

any other derogatory remarks?

Last edited by patataz on Apr 11, 2014, 11:42:40 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
So you netted AT BEST %0.03 of the playerbase. You got a fraction of the playerbase that reads the forums, that is mad enough to care to vote in something like this, that is given a limited selection of issues that may or may not even be on their radar, to vote in your poll.

And, shock, an overwhelming (lol) number of that tiny fraction voted for desync. What a flippin surprise.
Although I share your contempt for polling, I don't think you have a healthy respect for how small poll sample sizes tend to be. National (U.S.) professional publications routinely conduct polls on national issues with four-digit sample sizes, which is less than 1% of the overall US population; I'm talking Time and Newsweek here. I did the math, and it this point desync would be listed at 36.7% support, with a margin of error of ±4.3% at 95% reliability.

What I know from practice (having myself conducted a survey of the results of hundreds of thousands of Orbs of Fusing) is that the reliability of the information is heavily dependent upon the assumption that the sample is a completely random one. Any kind of system in which respondents volunteer their vote simply doesn't work; you need to sample those who have no interest in responding as well as those that do. It is that bias, and not the small sample size, which renders the findings of this poll moot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Oh, I'm well aware of how tiny a sample size can be before the media accepts it as law.

I disagree, though, that the accuracy of a poll with a sample size in the thousands will comfortably and reliably shift downward into the hundreds. I should have focused more on the bias aspect, agreed. It would be interesting to see how many of these voters are the same in all the different polls.

I think it still stands that these periodic itty-bitty circlejerk polls serve no purpose other than to validate someone's already bitter feelings.

Gonna throw it out there now; I would be in favor of an ingame poll every once in a while. Game is free, after all, so the least you can do is answer a question every now and then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info