PATH OF EXILE'S PRIORITY POLL

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
i was actually fearing that Blizzard learned from its errors before GGG learn from its own

I genuinely enjoy playing it now. I've put about 20x paragon levels in and 2x level 70s now. What I love is their end game mode... it's similar in a lot of ways to mapping however there's no gated RNG attached... no need to worry about more maps dropping. You can slide the difficulty up and down which is fantastic. Some nights when I have the time, I slide that bar up to crazy hard - die some - work my ass off - get that adrenalin rush... other nights when I can only play 30mins to an hour I'll set it low and still get myself some XP and some rift keys.

Actually getting cool drops - cool legendaries that are ALWAYS your level? Priceless feeling. Do I worry about saturation? Naw because I can always change the legend into a mat and make a new legend or reroll existing ones... I can see this lasting for quite a long period of time for me anyway.

I think their BEST ASSET was actually LISTENING to their players feedback - but not just listening - ACTIONING something... going out on a fucking limb and changing the game up - doing it for the betterment of the game.

I see GGG just sitting there bleeding off players and the arrogance is astounding coming from an Indie company. They aren't really in the position to just scoff at such a large amount of players the way they currently do.

Like really - would it KILL THE GAME to have a league in place that has good drop rates and crafting? No - it wouldn't. But it's arrogance that is keeping them from doing that - from lengthening the longevity of the game through casual players... pure arrogance and attitude. Not smart business at all. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next year or two here. The drama is what keeps me posting.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
But it's arrogance that is keeping them from doing that - from lengthening the longevity of the game through casual players... pure arrogance and attitude.

+1
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Apr 9, 2014, 8:04:44 PM
I think we should have a poll for wether they should dump their current graphics engine and start pretty much from scratch with a more efficient one, even if it means no major new contents for a couple of years. Since their goal is 10 acts I'm guessing they've planned to have the game going for 10+ years and it just feels like it's in their best interest to change engine.
From what I've read from dev comments a new engine would not only make it easier for the players GPU, but it would also make it much easier for the devs to create new content.

You could still have leagues with some minor changes to them and I'm guessing the devs that work with balance aren't the same that works the engine.
If they still insist on new content, make the league 6 months instead and reduce the amount of new content(did we really need 60+ new bosses? =P)so you get more time to work on a new engine.

IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
I just realized I would rather see better loot than have desync fixed.
Something that tracks the %'s of your defense values or preferred weapon types vs how you kill things.

I guess desync just doesn't bother me anymore.

Playing D3 I really noticed just how smooth a smooth game plays. When I was playing POE, I actually avoided some really cool idea specs simply because I knew for a fact I would desyn and die a mile away from where I thought I was.

Desyn exists. It is a massive massive problem because it stifles the creativity of the player... in a big way. It funnels the available builds.

You don't think it is a problem until you actually think about it - and go back to the pages and pages of "drawing board" sheets when you were piecing together the builds/specs you wanted to try out - and remembering "oh yeah: can't do that one... or that one... or that one... or that one..." - and then coming to D3 OMG it's so smooth... like 7 year old maple whiskey smooth. Mmmmmm... golden yumminess.
"
keyarchan wrote:
I think we should have a poll for wether they should dump their current graphics engine and start pretty much from scratch with a more efficient one, even if it means no major new contents for a couple of years. Since their goal is 10 acts I'm guessing they've planned to have the game going for 10+ years and it just feels like it's in their best interest to change engine.
From what I've read from dev comments a new engine would not only make it easier for the players GPU, but it would also make it much easier for the devs to create new content.

You could still have leagues with some minor changes to them and I'm guessing the devs that work with balance aren't the same that works the engine.
If they still insist on new content, make the league 6 months instead and reduce the amount of new content(did we really need 60+ new bosses? =P)so you get more time to work on a new engine.

If they would be to start over with a new engine... They would have my support again!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Isbox1 wrote:

I genuinely enjoy playing it now. I've put about 20x paragon levels in and 2x level 70s now. What I love is their end game mode... it's similar in a lot of ways to mapping however there's no gated RNG attached... no need to worry about more maps dropping. You can slide the difficulty up and down which is fantastic. Some nights when I have the time, I slide that bar up to crazy hard - die some - work my ass off - get that adrenalin rush... other nights when I can only play 30mins to an hour I'll set it low and still get myself some XP and some rift keys.

Actually getting cool drops - cool legendaries that are ALWAYS your level? Priceless feeling. Do I worry about saturation? Naw because I can always change the legend into a mat and make a new legend or reroll existing ones... I can see this lasting for quite a long period of time for me anyway.

I think their BEST ASSET was actually LISTENING to their players feedback - but not just listening - ACTIONING something... going out on a fucking limb and changing the game up - doing it for the betterment of the game.

I see GGG just sitting there bleeding off players and the arrogance is astounding coming from an Indie company. They aren't really in the position to just scoff at such a large amount of players the way they currently do.

Like really - would it KILL THE GAME to have a league in place that has good drop rates and crafting? No - it wouldn't. But it's arrogance that is keeping them from doing that - from lengthening the longevity of the game through casual players... pure arrogance and attitude. Not smart business at all. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next year or two here. The drama is what keeps me posting.

I have a couple of friends who play D3:RoS and while they seem to have alot of fun with it now, they don't feel like they'll keep playing for too long, simply cuz the drops are TOO good. They barely bother picking up rares anymore since their gear are either already maxed or legendary, so the only thing they have left is to min-max their legendaries and sell stuff to craft.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"

*Maple Whiskey is smooth.

Oh trust me I have cyclone and leap slam and whirling blades, all those goodies.
Though still; on top of it all.. I would rather see more intuitive drops.

(To me, Diablo is a console game, albeit a smooth console game *xbox)

<3 maple whiskey!

Yeah it is more light hearted... consol like... but it's also really fun. I see myself playing it for some time. I don't think it's as short-lived as some people may think... because all legendary/unique drops you can disenchant them into craftable items - and reforge your gear etc... I see it being more "replayable" than POE.

Another amazing feature I find that in leveling a new character right now I can choose random questing in random locations... vs the story mode. Wearas POE I have absolutely no choice in how I want to level. It's the same fucking thing every single character I ever leveled. I even had a file where I outlined (my own research) the exact levels and zones I should go to... to powerlevel my characters as fast as possible... albeit the exact same zones time and time and time again...

The flexibility for leveling is awesome in D3 now.

So many bad ass things went on in D3... GGG needs to wake up.
Everything else is minor compared to desync.
add an option for - ggg give me a legacy kaoms for every 10 hours of play im entitled to it for gracing your game with my presence
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 9, 2014, 9:08:33 PM
"
"
Isbox1 wrote:
<3 maple whiskey!

Yeah it is more light hearted... consol like... but it's also really fun. I see myself playing it for some time. I don't think it's as short-lived as some people may think... because all legendary/unique drops you can disenchant them into craftable items - and reforge your gear etc... I see it being more "replayable" than POE.

Another amazing feature I find that in leveling a new character right now I can choose random questing in random locations... vs the story mode. Wearas POE I have absolutely no choice in how I want to level. It's the same fucking thing every single character I ever leveled. I even had a file where I outlined (my own research) the exact levels and zones I should go to... to powerlevel my characters as fast as possible... albeit the exact same zones time and time and time again...

The flexibility for leveling is awesome in D3 now.

So many bad ass things went on in D3... GGG needs to wake up.

They're wide awake, implementation takes time and resources.
When the game runs for 10 years, it will be a completely different beast by the end of its day.
No where near the end it's time.

They need to shake it... because on one hand they tell me through drops and crafting that their game is set for 1 to 60 and yet the same fucking shitty leveling zones on every single character I make. It's like 30x level 65+ characters... and this is how GGG wants me to play their game. They certainly do NOT want me to level 65>100 that's for damn sure. They make their progress like molasses in January \... but a thing of unadulterated - monotonous though - beauty 1>65. Not sure why they so scared to ungate their content 65>100. Why so scared to allow little ol' me access to a 6L or to be able to actually COMPLETE a build that I have set down on paper.

Meh - I have infinite progress now to look forward to anyways. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info