PATH OF EXILE'S PRIORITY POLL

"
Ever wondered why GGG prefers reddit?

The proof is here.

Only the arse kissers go there?
Last edited by Pinchyskree on Apr 13, 2014, 6:51:30 PM
I don't understand the problem people are having with rng honestly. If it was easy to craft really good items then what would be the point in having rng anyways? I think it should be difficult to make or find good items so that its special when you actually do.
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
"
Ever wondered why GGG prefers reddit?

The proof is here.

Only the arse kissers go there?

Nah, it is more like: threads can't be bumped there to kept alive for long. Their system makes it extremely difficult to keep old (but good) topics alive for many days.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Orkurius wrote:
I don't understand the problem people are having with rng honestly. If it was easy to craft really good items then what would be the point in having rng anyways? I think it should be difficult to make or find good items so that its special when you actually do.
People love RNG the same way they like milky, weak coffee. And people truly do love milky, weak coffee, but they are compelled by some form of manliness to say they truly prefer a rich, dark roast, which is all a front and a lie in order to look good. It's based entirely on an irrational impulse.

Same thing with RNG. People love benefitting from RNG and being lucky, they'll play more and more to have a chance at being lucky... but they don't want to admit it's luck, because — didn't you know? — skill is what really differentiates the men from the boys. Which is a big lie, we loot to get lucky, not be skillful; we enjoy luck the same way we like lots of cream and sugar.

I think GGG has known that people secretly love RNG ever since a month or so into Anarchy and Onslaught. Give people completely random encounters against strong monsters? They love it. Increase everything by a flat, non-random amount? Everyone's bored.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2014, 9:42:34 PM
"
Orkurius wrote:

I fully agree that really good items should be rare. That also misses the point entirely.

What I see is complete garbage dropping 99.99% of the time. Stuff you can't actually progress with.

What I want is for mediocre drops to be fairly common. Not gear that makes you immortal while 1-shot everything and steamrolling through the game, just enough to get by. If you hit the jackpot and get a great item, good for you. If you want to get into endgame maps, go ahead and grind/trade for months for that godly gear that lets you do that.

There are players with great gear, and there's players running around with complete trash. Right now that average is skewed heavily towards trash, when it should be closer to the median value. That's all I'm saying.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info