1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Faddei wrote:
Thinking about going something like this :

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2bCSUdn_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SAYjH0Hz6nBSKgttbDY9napsjGKstMVLjR6B_xzb50cG2HZ94yzhrGa5Po6Kl9Dbblb1pzT2_PDVj_rQ0ElRBx6VLhGWcFaQG5oT29TUIwW1wuw6Qkt43agwcSLq6NbaPVv3Ug0hA7t8ZfHQCQV96f4tVZsmz3qyGTIBBfmXBsSi0359df66u-NI7niuG6094rfT18ujikxglWYEsSP2jX0wfH8r1opNklFH51T_3iT9_MVW-u4OZ6CHdkp9AF4Zju2D

You missed taking the Power Charge node which is pretty big.

Unless im getting a 6 link wish i would bet on that i don't and therefor the power charge is pretty much useless for me, because i will always take the "crit dmg gem" over "power charge on crit gem"
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:

Well... a bit of mana regen and +10 int isn't so useless in the end. Taking that passive allows us to take all the nodes needed without wasting any other passive point. I don't think you would be able to build up a passive tree with all that nodes execpt Cold Hearted using the same number of point.

There is nothing else you can do without taking an extra node that gives you nothing. Also the melee isn't useless since you use double strike for single target. I updated the Acro/Ondars defensive tree to take a little more HP and drop that node though.

As for CI, I think it'll be amazing for casters this patch, but not so much for a build like this unless you have a LOT of currency to make it work.

Im going around it with this build and im not taking the power charge because i will be taking crit dmg gem over power charge on crit unless i somehow get a 6 link.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2bCSUdn_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SAYjH0Hz6nBSKgttbDY9napsjGKstMVLjR6B_xzb50cG2HZ94yzhrGa5Po6Kl9Dbblb1pzT2_PDVj_rQ0ElRBx6VLhGWcFaQG5oT29TUIwW1wuw6Qkt43agwcSLq6NbaPVv3Ug0hA7t8ZfHQCQV96f4tVZsmz3qyGTIBBfmXBsSi0359df66u-NI7niuG6094rfT18ujikxglWYEsSP2jX0wfH8r1opNklFH51T_3iT9_MVW-u4OZ6CHdkp9AF4Zju2D
"
Serge91 wrote:

Well i see that with the build you've linked I easely reach 6k ES with low energy shield bonuses from gear. The problem is: what damage do you expect to do? Because if it's too high, then GR+VP won't be able to balance the damage reflected, especially if you do physical damage where you have no reduction except for Immortal Call, you just have to hope that the block triggers.

Honestly I think the best defensive build still remains Acrobatics+Ondar's Guile.

you are right, reflect will be a problem, because i will be fully hit by it
still, with some decent ES its a very tanky char like that

even with CI it wont be really expensive, i reach good ES with crap gear

life with acrobatics and ondars is easier, agreed
i am not finished, maybe i still go with a life build

but running blood rage for free and having lots of hitpoints is quite nice imo

@Faddei

you should habe Pcoc somewhere, the power charges help A LOT
my test char in standard just picked up the power charge in the tree and aliras from merciless a2

huge difference between 3 and 5 charges
"
Faddei wrote:
Unless im getting a 6 link wish i would bet on that i don't and therefor the power charge is pretty much useless for me, because i will always take the "crit dmg gem" over "power charge on crit gem"

You should seriously rethink that unless you have like 45%+ crit without them. PCoC is essentially 250% increased crit chance. Also I plan on using both PCoC and Inc Crit Dmg in a 5L. You can sustain life leech from gear/passives. 2% tree + 2-4% on gear + blood rage if you're using it.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Faddei wrote:

You should seriously rethink that unless you have like 45%+ crit without them. PCoC is essentially 250% increased crit chance. Also I plan on using both PCoC and Inc Crit Dmg in a 5L. You can sustain life leech from gear/passives. 2% tree + 2-4% on gear + blood rage if you're using it.

Oh i don't think on using life leech gem on ST, but there a other gems that is much better like: "physical projectile attack damage" (50% dmg) and "faster attack" (45% speed) so unless im not going to use LMP i don't see any room for it

Yer power charge on crit gem is cool and all, but i don't where to put in a that 5-link.
"
Faddei wrote:
Oh i don't think on using life leech gem on ST, but there a other gems that is much better like: "physical projectile attack damage" (50% dmg) and "faster attack" (45% speed) so unless im not going to use LMP i don't see any room for it

Yer power charge on crit gem is cool and all, but i don't where to put in a that 5-link.

ST + LMP + PCoC + Phys Proj Atk Damage(or FA) + Inc Crit Damage. That is the best 5L. PCoC is WAY more damage than Faster Attacks and is also easier on the mana pool.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Aug 16, 2014, 8:01:51 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Faddei wrote:

ST + LMP + PCoC + Phys Proj Atk Damage(or FA) + Inc Crit Damage. That is the best 5L. PCoC is WAY more damage than Faster Attacks and is also easier on the mana pool.

For power charges I'm gonna use on a 4L another spectral throw lv1 with GMP, increased crit chance, PCoC and faster proj or even LMP to shoot so many proj that with a couple of hits i should reach 4 PC. With passives on dagger and critical strike chance support gem i should have 70-75% critical strike chance debuffed: with PC on i should reach 85%

I'm now concerned about the fact that there arent point on elemental resistance. This is a problem... they put elemental resistance on nodes that are useless for certain builds..
Last edited by Serge91 on Aug 17, 2014, 2:36:26 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
[...]
For power charges I'm gonna use on a 4L another spectral throw lv1 with GMP, increased crit chance, PCoC and faster proj or even LMP to shoot so many proj that with a couple of hits i should reach 4 PC. With passives on dagger and critical strike chance support gem i should have 70-75% critical strike chance debuffed: with PC on i should reach 85%

AFAIK you only get 1 power charge per skill use. So the only advantage of GMP is that it covers a broader area. It will not give you more charges per attack.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
to have another st slot for power charges would be a complete waste of an item that you can use for defense
why not use it in a 5L as Dmillz stated
with so much extra crit from charges and a good dagger you might even be able to drop crit nodes in your tree later on

i never liked the pcoc gem either, but now i love
great dmg boost
this is what I have so far as a first ruff draft

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SPPqKgtwUonTcNX-Crc-QYf56ILHKPpXyQ186rq0DJMnHNwtR1BC2L2mVzrh8kU1kv6PTeO18krIbqqC5JARiq9tbDY9napsjGKs44TAnKc09vxHBo6Kl9Dbblb12HZ94yzhrGa5PpAbEZYOSHBWmhPb1EZxgwlvnspKwzoi6pu1ZfG7fCEDBX3p_i1V0Ald8mND8uE6Qkt43agwcdQjBbXo1ncHhxOcpH_Gflknqc3q6xTA40tX8bNTUkWdmuDr7g==

tell me what everyone thinks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info