1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

"
Serge91 wrote:
Yeah I think you've taken the best points. Probably there'll be need to put some nodes on +30 strenght to level red gems if the gear doesn't help. The most important thing is to have high block chance and spell block and a good evasion from the gear (hopefully without grace, i wouldn't run if not necessary to reach 40% chance to evade): with these you can have even lower life than normal.

EDIT: I would not take "From the Shadow" node. It gives a good accuracy but, I think you have to spend too much passive for it and with so much dexterity from passives a good item with 150-200 accuracy rating should be enough. I would take "Throathseeker" passive node instead, it's better to have a higher multiplier.

Anyway, I don't see so much life nodes on the left part of the tree.. they strongly cut life, life regen nodes. That's pretty bad coz no one will be so crazy to play a melee character, and this is very unfair.

thats why i plan to play this build with CI
with that you wont have points for shield nodes, but you will have pretty decent ES
i can post a tree later
Why would something like "ColdHearted calculation" be worth taking in a ST build ? I have just move around it in my own build
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
Last edited by Faddei on Aug 16, 2014, 10:08:10 AM
"
prospecial wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yeah I think you've taken the best points. Probably there'll be need to put some nodes on +30 strenght to level red gems if the gear doesn't help. The most important thing is to have high block chance and spell block and a good evasion from the gear (hopefully without grace, i wouldn't run if not necessary to reach 40% chance to evade): with these you can have even lower life than normal.

EDIT: I would not take "From the Shadow" node. It gives a good accuracy but, I think you have to spend too much passive for it and with so much dexterity from passives a good item with 150-200 accuracy rating should be enough. I would take "Throathseeker" passive node instead, it's better to have a higher multiplier.

Anyway, I don't see so much life nodes on the left part of the tree.. they strongly cut life, life regen nodes. That's pretty bad coz no one will be so crazy to play a melee character, and this is very unfair.

thats why i plan to play this build with CI
with that you wont have points for shield nodes, but you will have pretty decent ES
i can post a tree later

I thought about that but... well CI gives a lot problems: its very costful the gear with good energy shield, but maybe craft will help a lot. It is true that they boosted the passive points to ES, but the problem that elemental status duration continue to be based on your life, wich is 1 with that build. Another problem of CI is cooldow: now they put a lot of passives, the problem is partially resolved, coz you still cant play maps with half regen or vulnerability that makes your recovery veeeery slow. And I think with CI you simply can't play withouth Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact, so it's not easy to manage point allocation. I'm courious to see what your build will be.

I know very well these problems, coz I built 3-4 characters with CI, and a couple without GR+VP: the changes on passives is very good for ES based characters, but it's not enough if the craft doesn't help much.

"
Faddei wrote:
Why would something like "ColdHearted calculation" be worth taking in a ST build ? I have just move around it in my own build

What boost does it give?
Last edited by Serge91 on Aug 16, 2014, 10:37:38 AM
"

What boost does it give?

ColdHearted calculation:

12% spell dmg
20% mana reg rate
12% melee dmg - (gives nothing to ST)
10+ int
Last edited by Faddei on Aug 16, 2014, 12:03:32 PM
"
Serge91 wrote:

I thought about that but... well CI gives a lot problems: its very costful the gear with good energy shield, but maybe craft will help a lot. It is true that they boosted the passive points to ES, but the problem that elemental status duration continue to be based on your life, wich is 1 with that build. Another problem of CI is cooldow: now they put a lot of passives, the problem is partially resolved, coz you still cant play maps with half regen or vulnerability that makes your recovery veeeery slow. And I think with CI you simply can't play withouth Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact, so it's not easy to manage point allocation. I'm courious to see what your build will be.

I know very well these problems, coz I built 3-4 characters with CI, and a couple without GR+VP: the changes on passives is very good for ES based characters, but it's not enough if the craft doesn't help much.

i think, that crafting will help a lot, because you can now upgrade your gear that lacks one certain property that you need

in my tree i have 261% ES with the option to have some more (yeah i know i should take the es nodes at witch start and i will change that ^^)
since i have pretty much all slots for ES (except gloves maybe-->maligaros) it will be enough ES i think
much more than we will have life for certain
ghost reaver is a must of course and free blood rage will give me good leech

a friend told me that i may have more than enough crit, so i can free up some points there later on
anti stun and freeze will be needed on equip then obviously

the beginning will be hard, but i am sure it can work out

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA_5OwklHZotmw2Ba_pn_tQbGztUhw1YnTcFIqC_PqXfIOSGNDjoqX0NtuVvXYdkcG8uF94yzhrGa5Pl9q2-enNPb8EZYHHklR8NWVLpAbcFaaE9vUf8Y7fA_EoqPBxSy_hq4V11ZjbWyly-d02xoQe7469UvBAGXxu3whAyLq6NYFfen-LVXQCRzckydJsdfP-TfviA186rq0DHcHhxOcpG-egwlGcTQKLKam6zdmuMptGSL0bAsNjacrNbkRUB1PJP3nVFFHjb8Ftf_eW_QRL-tjmZq29ysKH0EGIw==
Thinking about going something like this :

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2bCSUdn_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SAYjH0Hz6nBSKgttbDY9napsjGKstMVLjR6B_xzb50cG2HZ94yzhrGa5Po6Kl9Dbblb1pzT2_PDVj_rQ0ElRBx6VLhGWcFaQG5oT29TUIwW1wuw6Qkt43agwcSLq6NbaPVv3Ug0hA7t8ZfHQCQV96f4tVZsmz3qyGTIBBfmXBsSi0359df66u-NI7niuG6094rfT18ujikxglWYEsSP2jX0wfH8r1opNklFH51T_3iT9_MVW-u4OZ6CHdkp9AF4Zju2D
"
Faddei wrote:
"

What boost does it give?

ColdHearted calculation:

12% spell dmg
20% mana reg rate
10+ int

Well... a bit of mana regen and +10 int isn't so useless in the end. Taking that passive allows us to take all the nodes needed without wasting any other passive point. I don't think you would be able to build up a passive tree with all that nodes execpt Cold Hearted using the same number of point.
"
prospecial wrote:

i think, that crafting will help a lot, because you can now upgrade your gear that lacks one certain property that you need

in my tree i have 261% ES with the option to have some more (yeah i know i should take the es nodes at witch start and i will change that ^^)
since i have pretty much all slots for ES (except gloves maybe-->maligaros) it will be enough ES i think
much more than we will have life for certain
ghost reaver is a must of course and free blood rage will give me good leech

a friend told me that i may have more than enough crit, so i can free up some points there later on
anti stun and freeze will be needed on equip then obviously

the beginning will be hard, but i am sure it can work out

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA_5OwklHZotmw2Ba_pn_tQbGztUhw1YnTcFIqC_PqXfIOSGNDjoqX0NtuVvXYdkcG8uF94yzhrGa5Pl9q2-enNPb8EZYHHklR8NWVLpAbcFaaE9vUf8Y7fA_EoqPBxSy_hq4V11ZjbWyly-d02xoQe7469UvBAGXxu3whAyLq6NYFfen-LVXQCRzckydJsdfP-TfviA186rq0DHcHhxOcpG-egwlGcTQKLKam6zdmuMptGSL0bAsNjacrNbkRUB1PJP3nVFFHjb8Ftf_eW_QRL-tjmZq29ysKH0EGIw==

Well i see that with the build you've linked I easely reach 6k ES with low energy shield bonuses from gear. The problem is: what damage do you expect to do? Because if it's too high, then GR+VP won't be able to balance the damage reflected, especially if you do physical damage where you have no reduction except for Immortal Call, you just have to hope that the block triggers.

Honestly I think the best defensive build still remains Acrobatics+Ondar's Guile.
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
Faddei wrote:
"

What boost does it give?

ColdHearted calculation:

12% spell dmg
20% mana reg rate
10+ int

Well... a bit of mana regen and +10 int isn't so useless in the end. Taking that passive allows us to take all the nodes needed without wasting any other passive point. I don't think you would be able to build up a passive tree with all that nodes execpt Cold Hearted using the same number of point.

There is nothing else you can do without taking an extra node that gives you nothing. Also the melee isn't useless since you use double strike for single target. I updated the Acro/Ondars defensive tree to take a little more HP and drop that node though.

As for CI, I think it'll be amazing for casters this patch, but not so much for a build like this unless you have a LOT of currency to make it work.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Aug 16, 2014, 4:20:44 PM
"
Faddei wrote:
Thinking about going something like this :

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2bCSUdn_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SAYjH0Hz6nBSKgttbDY9napsjGKstMVLjR6B_xzb50cG2HZ94yzhrGa5Po6Kl9Dbblb1pzT2_PDVj_rQ0ElRBx6VLhGWcFaQG5oT29TUIwW1wuw6Qkt43agwcSLq6NbaPVv3Ug0hA7t8ZfHQCQV96f4tVZsmz3qyGTIBBfmXBsSi0359df66u-NI7niuG6094rfT18ujikxglWYEsSP2jX0wfH8r1opNklFH51T_3iT9_MVW-u4OZ6CHdkp9AF4Zju2D

You missed taking the Power Charge node which is pretty big.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info