1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

Hi I am new here in PoE global and I want to try this build for my first char. May I ask what forsaken master you guys chose for your hideout? I am now in act2normal luckily someone gave me a free spectral throw which helped improve my clear speed.
"
xyzcxz wrote:
Hi I am new here in PoE global and I want to try this build for my first char. May I ask what forsaken master you guys chose for your hideout? I am now in act2normal luckily someone gave me a free spectral throw which helped improve my clear speed.

It makes no difference which masters you invite. If you need a crafted mod - there are crafting services from other players now for a low fee or no fee at all.

Elreon from some point sells his "-x from mana skills" rings, and if you can craft something with them - lower mana consumption helps a lot with this build.
(you can buy them from other players too)
how will we adjust our beloved st crit dagger after the huge nerf to block in the newpatch ?
with block chance nerf
Rumi's Flask still useful for spell block (i don't think spell block is nerfed)
Use Vaal Grace for the win!!!
I have finally gotten around to respecing my Shadow to this build and am enjoying it before any nerfs land. It's a lot of fun and similar to the build I played in a past League.

I have one question: Is Herald of Ice worth using if you aren't using Hatred?

I am using Heralds of Ash and Ice, Tempest Shield and Purity of Lightning (to go with my Lightning Coil.) I have yet to see a corpse shatter. Does that mean I would be better off with something else (like Blind to go with Tempest Shield) or that I need to keep leveling it up? Today was the first time I used Heralds and mine were getting close to level 10 before I logged off.

TLDR: Is Herald of Ice worth using if you aren't using Hatred?
"Sing while you may!" -Edward Ka-Spel
"
tsalal wrote:

I have one question: Is Herald of Ice worth using if you aren't using Hatred?

YES. (explanation in spoiler)
Spoiler

To shatter with herald you need to freeze first (most likely crit-freeze).
Lvl 9 Herald of Ice adds 19-25 cold dmg to each blade. That looks kinda low, but leveling and quality works well with this gem.

At 20/20 it's 60-80 base attack, and then with this build you can have really good crit multiplier with average gear, so when critting it goes up a lot
(for me it's like 600-800 from HoI alone)
That's usually enough to take more than 3% of monster's life which is necessary to crit-freeze.
On blood magic maps I'm leaving Herald of Ice on for faster pack clearing and it still shatters in 70+lvl maps.

Temp. fix with this setup - look for 'adds xx cold dmg' mod on rings, common T2 roll can double your current cold dmg, leveling gem up with stacking crit. multiplier will do the rest.

"
tsalal wrote:
I am using Heralds of Ash and Ice, Tempest Shield and Purity of Lightning (to go with my Lightning Coil.)

Hatred is (IMHO) the only mandatory aura for this build. Crit-freezing enemies and extra damage is a tier of defence, much more important than wearing a coil or stacking obscene amount of block.
If you have to keep PoL for a while - switch other "auras" with Hatred.
Last edited by UberPeasant on Dec 11, 2014, 4:16:21 AM
Thank you UberPeasant, for the detailed response. I did as you suggested. I kind of miss burning groups of foes up with the powerful 4 link double strike, but slowed and sometimes shattered is better. I get more visibility this way as well. At level 75 I am burning through my stock pile of Dry Woods maps. I want to get as many levels as I can before the 1.30 adjustment and your advice helped a lot!
"Sing while you may!" -Edward Ka-Spel
Just going through patch notes before it goes live:

- nerf to crit. multi gem(79% ,was 149%), buff to crit. chance gem
- lowered evasion on shields, increased %defences on shield (tree - passives)
- Throatseeker cluster now 36% crit. multiplier (was 45%)
- Adder's touch: now 40% crit. multi (was 66%), Heartseeker - no changes
- Assassination: 30% crit multi (was 35%)
- some minor life/dmg node changes

It's a nerf, but not that terrible.
After switching crit. multi gem for crit. chance gem we have less dmg, but more consistent hits and 95% crit. cap is more easy to achieve.
Block is overrated anyway.

Daggers may be less expensive to get and so acuity - these are good things too.

Any thoughts?
Update?
"
Update?

Dmillz is not playing this build any more, so there won't be an update unless we'll get some input for him to paste :)

After a recent nerfrape our beloved build is still very viable and reports of it's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Tree: - mostly the same as previously for almost all variants of a build.

Gems: Crit. Multiplier needs to be replaced by crit. chance gem (no need to recolour a chest sockets)
gemsetup with no changes, favourite curse is 'Assassin's Mark' because it adds missing multiplier.

Weapon: due to lower crit multiplier and higher crit chance it's better now to choose high base crit dagger over 'brutal high physical' dps dagger with no or low crit.
Because of loss of hybrid Vagan's mod(+%phys and added accuracy) daggers are actually more expensive and harder to craft, but it's still doable to craft them.

Defences: dex shield evasion nerf was balanced by buffed +%defences from equipped shield passives, so no great loss there
Lowered block (especially for acro-ondar) needs more evasion and life to counter, but these are always good things to have.

Damage:crit chance is easier to cap, so damage and life-mana leech is more consistent. It's lower than it was, but still good enough to cut through 77+ maps solo with very average dagger.
Abyssus is more sexy now in 1.3 than it was in 1.2

Reflect: more easy to deal with because of the above.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info