1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

Hello, fellow friends. Inspired by this lovely thread a create a Spectral throw shadow (my third character) and i want to make some questions about it. I'm Relativity new to this game, so please, be patience with me.

Atm level 40 shadow with this gear:

my build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABiMWvx6BH0EmlSoLLOE2PUcGS41R2VVLVvVh4mKsbIxtbHBSfeOMC46Kl9CdqqLZpn-nNKxmsJKw2LGztMW1SLk-uXzYdttu2-fssO1B8-r2_P8c_5M=

1) I'm making the right path? Now i have to focus on get IR, no?
2) Is this build good for a beyond characters? If no, please, recommend some other build.
3) Are my equips ok?

Sorry for any mistaken.
Hey 498hf49hf4,

I assume that you are making an IR/Defensive character.

"
1) I'm making the right path? Now i have to focus on get IR, no?

Usually I tend to travel across the passive skill tree as early as possible, and then grab the clusters.
Now you are at lvl 40 and you are far from the IR. You will found the path quite long to get there.

"
2) Is this build good for a beyond characters? If no, please, recommend some other build.

Can't answer that, I'm not fond of the Hardcore mode.

"
3) Are my equips ok?

Your gear seems descent for a lvl 40 character. You should now focus on your resistances, and you should link your Life Gain On Hit gem to your Spectral Throw and replace the Faster Projectile by one of your Faster attack gem.
"
theonepos wrote:

-- Lightning Buff : herald of thunder?
- 25% mana reserved?
- +15% as thunder?
- Effect : occasional thunder strike (HoT teaser screenshot) ?

So in the end HoT will be be huge boost for this build. Every critical strike will cause the mobs to get shocked and take 50% more damages. Plus, if they die will shocked they will provide lightning AoE in addition to the fire AoE provided by HoA.

We still don't know every detail but we can expect this:

-- Lightning Buff : herald of thunder
- 25% mana reserved?
- +15% as thunder?
- Effect : lightning AoE when killing a shocked enemy
"
theonepos wrote:
"
theonepos wrote:

-- Lightning Buff : herald of thunder?
- 25% mana reserved?
- +15% as thunder?
- Effect : occasional thunder strike (HoT teaser screenshot) ?

So in the end HoT will be be huge boost for this build. Every critical strike will cause the mobs to get shocked and take 50% more damages. Plus, if they die will shocked they will provide lightning AoE in addition to the fire AoE provided by HoA.

We still don't know every detail but we can expect this:

-- Lightning Buff : herald of thunder
- 25% mana reserved?
- +15% as thunder?
- Effect : lightning AoE when killing a shocked enemy

Question 1
You cant shock with Herald of Thunder. How are you going to shock the enemy?
You need additional lightning damage somewhere on your gear to make it work.

Question 2
Why Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice?
This build has good clear speed. The lighting damage from killing shocked enemy is over a duration, while Herald of Ice shatters cold damage is instantaneous. I won't pick herald of thunder.

Question 3 or Fact 3
Thunder damage has low min and high max. If you need to do tons of dps, attack need to hit, attack need to crit, thunder damage roll is not a low roll.
Thunder damage has no synergy with crit build.

Question 4
Why do you have spare mana to reserve. This build is weak against spell, i will run purity of lightning or purity of fire if i have spare mana. Surviability to the weakness of the build, more damage is overkilled. I will invest my resource to remedy the problem, instead of boosting the meaningless number in the the tooltip.
Last edited by MinaGing on Oct 20, 2014, 9:44:29 AM
HoT will provide flat lightning damages, so its definitely not for this build. Sad...

Level 87 reporting in and had an absolute blast leveling. I play solo, but do some basic trades for essential items. Have mediocre gear but the clear speeds has been fantastic.

Level:87

Class: Shadow

League: Rampage

Current Ladder Rank: 10008

Tooltip DPS for ST: 11500 (With Lvl 17 Gems)

Tooltip DPS for DS: 50000 (With Lvl 17 Gems)

My Gear:
Spoiler

My Skill Tree:

Last edited by DavidSedaris on Nov 17, 2014, 1:21:10 PM
LVL: 76 atm

respeced from another crit ST build to this Life and dps went up!

the gear im using right now

10k + dps with 4 cahrges

Around 3.3k hp and i still have lots of life nodes to pickup
IGN: ENGSYoKo - We're all gonna make it!
Hello !

Thank you so much for this build!
It is most powerful build I've been playing with.
Until maps do not have temp chains, no mana regen, or phys reflect I am able to do 78 alched maps easily.
Of course there had to be some diffrencies in build, please see below.

Gear:

Passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0GIwceCSEOSA-rEZYVIBa_G5cfQSEDIuomlSoLKk0s4SzpLVUxnjWSNj04ljrhPydHBklRSn1KyEvETeNRTFHZUg1TNVVLVvVc-WHiYqxjQ2XxZ6BsjG1sbqpvnnBScFZ3B3f9fVt944DhgwmHE4d2jAuMNo6KkAqQG5Uul9CaE5u1nKSdqqLZplemf6c0rEesZrCSsNixs7VItfK3F7k-uXzAnMM6ykrQCdh22L3aPdtu29TdDeJe44Tp_uyw7UHw1fJF8uHz6vzF_gr-j_-T

Currently 88 lvl and still going higher !
Updates, New Shield, New ring, and new OP gloves

My_Gears

Changes gems setup a bit,
Vaal Grace - Blood Rage - Increased Duration
(Weapon swap if need to turn off blood rage)

7/0 Cast When Damage Taken - 8/0 Immortal Call - 9/0 Enduring Cry - 20/20 Lightning Warp
(See how it goes. Hopping over ledge, barriers will be much more convenient)

PS. Can't run faster attacks on st, mana pool can't support it : (
PSS. My eternal flask should be surgeon's eternal flask of staunching for most optimal flask setup.
(Still looking for it, mine is till good though but not best)
Last edited by MinaGing on Oct 24, 2014, 12:12:44 PM
Just droppin by to say I very much enjoy this build. I've gone for similar builds earlier, but this is by far the best.

I feel it's a bit on the soft side though, but maybe I'm to blame for going for the dual strike, double wielding option?

Skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABS0HHg5ID6sRlhRSFSAWvxvIJpUppSoLKk0s4SzpMZ41kjY9OJY_J0MxRwZHfklRSn1KyE3jTipRTFHZUzVT31VLVvVY21uvXhNgS2HiYqxjQ2VNZ6BsjG1sbqpvnnBScFZ07XcHeu99W33jgOGDCYTZhO-HE4d2jDaOipAKkBuVLpfQmhObg5u1nKSdqqLZplemf6c0rEesZrCSsNixs7VItfK2QbcXuT69gcCcwzrKSth22L3bbtvU3Q3iXuOE7UHw1fLh8-r8xf6P_5M=

Gear

I have two Item Rarity gems and Aurseize on switch to increase my IIR when I feel like it.
Chest, belt, jewellry and dagger maxes my resists, so it's very convenient to switch. Thinking about getting a pair of boots that makes my char a bit tougher. So far I've only thought of +life, movement speed and maybe chaos resist. If anyone has a good suggestion, please let me know.
Still haven't perfected the CWDT setup, but I've spent way to many chromes on trying to get RRR on my Maligaro's... and RRG on one of my daggers (so i can have a 4L Flicker strike). Guess I'll get there eventually. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info