1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

"
PEwill wrote:
Is there a dual wield variant of this build?

I am making a dual wielder. More or less the same skill tree, but instead of some shield nodes, I've gone for the Dervish node.
I think it's working out great. Was a little squishy, but I got two new flasks which I can pop whenever I need more defense. Suregeon's Granit of Iron Skin and Surgeon's Jade of Reflexes. Plus I have a Grace gem that I sometimes use instead of Herald of Ash. All of that will get my damage reduction up to 77% for a few seconds. Enough to dispose of most threats. (Even Devourers are fairly easy now.)
I use Atztiri's boots for an added spell block.

Posted my gear two pages back, but I'll post it again since I made a few changes.

Spoiler

With my current gear I have (when using IncCritDmg-gems; I normally roll with IIR-gems) 47k dps on Dual Strike, 17k avg dmg on Flicker Strike and 11.7k dps on Spectral Throw.
Last edited by mats_mono on Nov 9, 2014, 4:42:07 PM
You can go dual wield but the biggest problem is you need to have 2 good daggers instead of just one, which can be very expensive. I just don't feel like dual wield gets you anything 1h doesn't. But you can definitely make it work!
IGN: Dmillz
"
MinaGing wrote:
"
_Ryoma wrote:
Just wondering... How come no one is using Abyssus? It seems to almost double my tooltip dps.

If you are playing IR build, you should probably use Abyssus.

If you are Acro/Ondar, you should not.
Abyssus is sought of high risk high return item.
Abyssus gives a huge penalty of 40-50% increased Physical Damage taken.

1) You lose a decent evasion rating from rat's nest which is the primary defense of the build.
2) Acro/Ondar is very weak against physical spell. Using abysuss might make you prone to getting one shot by crit. physical spell. Note the build is very squishy, only has around 4000 hp.
3) Reflect will hit you harder. You can't dodge every attack, you will eventually get hit. This might ends up one-shot yourself, given you dish out more damage, and have less defense.

In conclusion, you take too much risk for more dps. So it is not worth.

PS. Tooltip dps means nothing. If you reach a certain threshold of damage, any increase of damage will has a diminishing increase in clear speed.

Great, thanks for explaining. I feel a lot safer now that i run with rat's nest instead of abyssus.
my current gears

This build is incredible m8(Ranger Acro/Ondar Defensive)

Spoiler

I plow through maps and switch to Rat's Nest if needed to counter reflect. Char has around 47 deaths but wasn't dying much since I switched gear (Couple of deaths due to typing post switch). I feel like the phys one-shot is inevitable ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"
Dmillz wrote:
You can go dual wield but the biggest problem is you need to have 2 good daggers instead of just one, which can be very expensive. I just don't feel like dual wield gets you anything 1h doesn't. But you can definitely make it work!

Or you can get two semi-good and still get pretty decent damage out of them. Don't think I payed more than an ex for any of mine.

But yeah, it's mostly only a matter of preference. :)
Would someone upload a video of this build (preferably someone that has no BiS gear.. can't make too many demands though)
I've never had a crit build before but I'd just so love to make on, especially a Spectral Throw one, since I really like Spectral Throw.
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Would someone upload a video of this build (preferably someone that has no BiS gear.. can't make too many demands though)
I've never had a crit build before but I'd just so love to make on, especially a Spectral Throw one, since I really like Spectral Throw.

Did you check the vid in OP's original post? Maybe a bit too BiS.. ;)
Made a vid for ya with my setup (not exactly following OP's build, that is). http://youtu.be/IDSp3AM5GDg No editing and low res, but you get the picture.
Last edited by mats_mono on Nov 16, 2014, 2:06:11 PM
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:

http://youtu.be/VDqYqezGsJA

Not very BiS, and just Lunaris, but hey, 60 fps! :D
My most expensive items are:
- master-crafted dagger (less than 3 ex)
- tabula (1.5 ex)
- phys. doryani's (1ex)

rest is self-crafted or purchased for less than 10c each
Posting to bump this thread.
Level 90 and still going up, Hatred + Heralds of Ice/Ash, no real 6-link (yet!)
30k dps spectral, 105k double strike (38/135 with blood rage and atziri's flask)
4k life, 6.8k eva, Acro-Ondar's

for phys reflect maps:

for half/no regen maps:

With Ondar's variant of a build it's better not to stack too much accuracy, because reflect works with your acc so it would require insane amount evasion to counter.

I also switched multistrike for increased crit multiplier gem, because it's more easy to crit-freeze bosses/exiles with harder hits (300ms freeze limit) with just minor tooltip damage drop.
Last edited by UberPeasant on Nov 24, 2014, 6:14:28 AM
I've been testing out Abyssus all day. It's absolutely brilliant. I am currently working on a way to cap resists without having to run Purity of Elements.
versus
. DPS skyrockets with Abyssus by almost 7,000. Survivability takes a big hit though, even with mitigation via Lightning Coil.

Rest of my gear for reference:
Spoiler
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Nov 24, 2014, 2:28:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info