1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

@mats_mono
What is point of dual wielding with this build? Spectral Throw will alternate the weapon at each attack. The only benefit would be the use of Dual Strike on single target, so why bother?
I was experimenting with replacing two mana nodes with something on gear (2%mana leech/+12%mana and +8% mana).
For high aps character this %increased mana is quite important and really hard to replace.
Running hatred and ash/ice heralds, and without these two nodes I've got serious mana problems.

What are your mana management secrets? :}
For high dps(17-50k spectral) 1% of mana leech should do it and a bottleneck is total mana, right?

(qual)Additional accuracy instead of faster attacks was posted here already.
Anyone here is using elreon rings?
Hey nice build. I have a question. Could this be done with using CI also? And if yes can u make an alternate tree for that? Ty
I don't have any of the good unique chests typical for this build, but I do have a Cloak of Defiance. Can Cloak of Defiance be incorporated in this build, or should I just use a decent rare chest instead? If Cloak can't be incorporated, is there another build that does use Bino's + Cloak of Defiance (+ Maligoro's + Rat's Nest)?
"
For IR builds I recommend starting as Shadow. For Acro/Ondar builds I recommend

Very new, just wanted to ask what IR is and Acro/Ondar.
Offensive or Defensive? what's recommended?
"
Nitsujin wrote:
"
For IR builds I recommend starting as Shadow. For Acro/Ondar builds I recommend

Very new, just wanted to ask what IR is and Acro/Ondar.
Offensive or Defensive? what's recommended?

IR
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

Acro/Ondar
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Acrobatics
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ondar's_Guile

Made my first character IR offensive shadow, level 83 now. Damage and clear speed are good but I kept on dying very easily in higher level maps. Used some of my respec points, got rid of iron reflexes, somewhat better now. Can't really get my DPS as high as others have written here either. From what I have read in there, acro/ondars build should be better choice.
"
theonepos wrote:
@mats_mono
What is point of dual wielding with this build? Spectral Throw will alternate the weapon at each attack. The only benefit would be the use of Dual Strike on single target, so why bother?

Well, that's not entirely true.
"Dual Wielding automatically grants 10% More Attack Speed, 20% More Attack Physical damage and 15% Block Chance (based on the idea of parrying attacks) whenever you equip two One-Handed weapons of any type. The attack speed bonus is applied multiplicatively with other attack speed modifiers" - according to pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
I don't have the exact numbers right now, since I'm not ingame, but you get a pretty big increase to ST damage when dual wielding.
Also, I think it's a matter of playing style. I kinda like being able to dish out big single target damage.
Just wondering... How come no one is using Abyssus? It seems to almost double my tooltip dps.
"
_Ryoma wrote:
Just wondering... How come no one is using Abyssus? It seems to almost double my tooltip dps.

If you are playing IR build, you should probably use Abyssus.

If you are Acro/Ondar, you should not.
Abyssus is sought of high risk high return item.
Abyssus gives a huge penalty of 40-50% increased Physical Damage taken.

1) You lose a decent evasion rating from rat's nest which is the primary defense of the build.
2) Acro/Ondar is very weak against physical spell. Using abysuss might make you prone to getting one shot by crit. physical spell. Note the build is very squishy, only has around 4000 hp.
3) Reflect will hit you harder. You can't dodge every attack, you will eventually get hit. This might ends up one-shot yourself, given you dish out more damage, and have less defense.

In conclusion, you take too much risk for more dps. So it is not worth.

PS. Tooltip dps means nothing. If you reach a certain threshold of damage, any increase of damage will has a diminishing increase in clear speed.

Is there a dual wield variant of this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info