1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

"
Serge91 wrote:
Well, I thought about this build so i searched using google and found this thread.

Im obviously on standardard and wanna try for the new league: the fact is I'm playing with the shadow which only is 66, but i used just to test how much dps i would do with this build (in fact i allocated all points only on dagger and crit and very few on life).

I would do the build with the ranger coz I'm pretty sure you can allocate passives in a better way, gain more life, and save a some points. Sadly I didn't have a ranger to respec completely, like i did with this shadow. (Maybe with the new league the shadow will be uber for this type of build, but now i'm focusing on understand well how everything is at the moment and I'm sure Ranger > Shadow now)

What I'm gonna do is: ST+LMP+PPAD+FA+ICD with a dagger with high crit (I bought a good dagger to see how much dps i could reach: i think this dagger is very very good

The point is that with Spectral Throw I only do 2.2k dps with a 5L and a very good dagger. I'm not playing with maligaro's gloves though... but 60% critical strike chance and 630% multi should be good, isn't it? 2k dps is very very low considering im playing with a 220 dps dagger with 10% crit...
With 4 power charges i reach 75% critical chance, but the dps rise only at 2.7k. Do i need so much more multiplier? I think I've got all the passives in the area, and i've already got an ammy with 30% multi.

Defensively i'm thinking about acrobatics, ondars, and crest of perandus with some good passive bonuses on block chance to reach 60-70% block.
I agreed Ranger > Shadow. I say that in the OP. I don't know why your DPS is showing so low. You have about the same crit chance and higher multiplier than me. I have around 6k tooltip with 5 power charges. Are you using Hatred?

Things to keep in mind. Tooltip means very little, what is your clearspeed like? Since we are doing mostly physical damage it's basically completely unmitigated unlike elemental damage. Also keep in mind that Crit Weakness adds a TON of dps that you don't get a number for. More than any other curse in the game.

Lastly check out the Build of the Week video I have in the OP. This build does DAMAGE.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Aug 12, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
"
Serge91 wrote:

[...]
The point is that with Spectral Throw I only do 2.2k dps with a 5L and a very good dagger. I'm not playing with maligaro's gloves though... but 60% critical strike chance and 630% multi should be good, isn't it? 2k dps is very very low considering im playing with a 220 dps dagger with 10% crit...
With 4 power charges i reach 75% critical chance, but the dps rise only at 2.7k. Do i need so much more multiplier? I think I've got all the passives in the area, and i've already got an ammy with 30% multi.

Defensively i'm thinking about acrobatics, ondars, and crest of perandus with some good passive bonuses on block chance to reach 60-70% block.

While dps comes mainly from your weapon and additional links, having good accessory is just as important. You want flat phys and eiter acc or AS on rings as well as a good crit amu (crit%, multi, flat phys, acc). 20/20 gems can also make a big difference.
In the end phys ST is a build with kind of mediocre DPS, so do not compare yourself to other builds with 40k+.

Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
While dps comes mainly from your weapon and additional links, having good accessory is just as important. You want flat phys and eiter acc or AS on rings as well as a good crit amu (crit%, multi, flat phys, acc). 20/20 gems can also make a big difference.
In the end phys ST is a build with kind of mediocre DPS, so do not compare yourself to other builds with 40k+.

Basically this. Everyone gets really caught up in these DPS numbers. It doesn't mean jack shit. What matters is how fast you kill stuff and physical crit spectral throw kills FAST. If you really want to see how your "DPS" compares to other builds look at your double strike dps. Mine is around 30k self buffed (probably closer to 40k with crit weakness).
I know, I would just happy to do 10k dps. And that's the dps I'd expected to see on the tooltip with that dagger and pretty high crit chance and multi (which comes from passives and ammy), though they can be still increased with better rolls and maligaro's too.
It is true that I don't use hatred (can't handle it with this crappy pg, I would run it for sure if I had a decent gear and an acceptable life, only 1800 rotfl), but if it is only 2k dps the boost won't be so huge anyway. It is also true that I couldn't try much critical weakness, but I have tried more proj weakness coz it gives me knockback which is very useful to take back enemies. My gems are not 20/20 but... don't know if they are really capable to boost so much the dps.

Anyway, you're right to say that the tooltip means little and I know it. I know that there are so many builds that clears fast maps with only 200dps. In fact, when I do criticals I see HUGE damage: and I've got 90% chance to hit so I've got no problems.
Probably I'm gonna do this build in the next league, I loved incinerate build but now it's time to try something new and this seems to be a great build: especially with craft that should make the things a lot easier.

I wanna ask this: does the special effect with the golden wings make the projectiles of Spectral Throw larger than the classic ST? That's what it seems to me: the dagger is so tiny and small, the golden wing is wonderful to see and has larger proj.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for my bad english :P
Last edited by Serge91 on Aug 13, 2014, 2:31:02 PM
the st golden effect doesnt change the skill of course
but i think it gives a much better feedback on how you are hitting

those tiny spectral flying daggers are not that great to watch
Links not running please fix it
What links? I also updated the OP with a 1.2.0 skill tree for HC.
Last edited by MuFeR on Aug 14, 2014, 6:15:53 PM
"
MuFeR wrote:

i also think that from the shadows is totally worth the points
very nice node cluster i think
I agree it's pretty nice. However I can't think of anything I would drop for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info